Heads up for those of you planning an East coast trip this summer

Thread: Heads up for those of you planning an East coast trip this summer

Thumbs down Heads up for those of you planning an East coast trip this summer

They are cancelling the high speed CAT ferries between Maine (Bar Harbour or Portland) and Nova Scotia (Yarmouth) due to lack of funding.

From cbc.ca website:
    "Bay Ferries Ltd. announced Friday that it's ending the run because it didn't get extra funding from the provincial government for the 2010 season.
    Mark MacDonald, president and CEO of Bay Ferries, called it "very sad news," but said he understood the province's position given the tough economic times.
    "It's an inherently difficult service in that it operates only about 4½ months a year [and has] expensive assets," he told CBC News."
    *Source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/12/18/ns-yarmouth-ferry-ends.html

Re: Heads up for those of you planning an East coast trip this summer

They get scrapped everywhere. Don't know why they even bother to start 'em up. I got to enjoy the Vancouver-Vancouver Island one before it was dumped. How long did that one to New York last?

that's because of the over exaggerated cost of using it.

Eh, you're better off taking the Princess of Acadia out of New Brunswick anyway. Just keep in mind that the time zone changes once you cross the border!
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Banned

The one to Crotchfester was mainly paid for by Rochester. It failed as they over estimated how many peple would actually want to go to Rochester. LOL. Used mostly by americans wanting to spend money in toronto.

We ended up with an 8mil port facility...all compliments of NY State.

The cost of those things is prohibited at all but the busiest water crossings. And they break down a lot.

Meh.