Bmw s1000rr! - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmw s1000rr!

Re: Bmw s1000rr!

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    I would guess by going on the BMW site and seeing at standard equipment.
    The BMW site is confusing.

On one hand, the PDF with the specs says that the ABS is an option.
    On the other, when I try to "build & price" the bike, the ABS is not listed as an option.

I am asking him because the OP was at the dealer (obviously by seeing that he took the photos there)...
    Security transcends technology

This bike is damned impressive. I think if I hadn't started my modified GSX-R project, I'd have bought this instead. Originally I wanted a RSV4, but they're not available in Canada.

On the flip side, we'll see if it's reliable at that power output. My heart says yes, but my mind remembers that BMW has made some real lemons in the past.
    Last edited by Shaman; 01-29-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post

On the other, when I try to "build & price" the bike, the ABS is not listed as an option.

I am asking him because the OP was at the dealer (obviously by seeing that he took the photos there)...
    I think (don't quote me) that the ABS is an option in the states (as in the base model doesn't have it) but in Canada it comes standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post

I have an Acid Green S1 on order and I can assure you ABS, DTC and Shift Assist are standard on the Canadian model. It's on my purchase order.

There are only two options available on the Canadian model - the BMW alarm and the Motorsports paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I have an Acid Green S1 on order and I can assure you ABS, DTC and Shift Assist are standard on the Canadian model. It's on my purchase order.

There are only two options available on the Canadian model - the BMW alarm and the Motorsports paint.

Correct .... here is a link showing standard features

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/En/model.php?model=S1000RR

"It is as hard to see one's self as to look backwards without turning around"

Quote Originally Posted by hedkandy View Post
    Correct .... here is a link showing standard features

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/En/model.php?model=S1000RR
    Those are great news, canadian market didn't get shafted too badly this time...

As I say, previous info from BMW said the opposite... here is a link that still says "ABS: Optional extra"

http://www.bmw-motorrad.ca/En/pdfs/s.../S1000RR_E.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    where you get this?
    tests like this are ridiculous..so what, it's better probably...so what?
    The only reason I would not scoff at tests and ads that tout it's supposed supremacy, is if it was marketed without lights and legal running gear.

But since that isn't the case, it's preposterous to even suggest that the limits of performance benefit of traction control could be tapped on the street, unless it was being used on a bike whose rider mindlessly and deliberately throws all caution to the wind and almost tries to wipe himself out. But now...with TC switched on....all it means is he's just going to be that much deeper into the woods on the corner that just got renamed by him..

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    where you get this?
    BIKE Magazine, March edition.

BIKE Magazine, March edition.
    Best bike mag I've ever read. Look forward to every issue. Well written, and great photos.
    Last edited by SunnY S; 01-30-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Anyone going to buy the BMW S1000rr ?. I believe it has the potential to take the 1000cc class. I would personally wait 2 - 3 years for them to perfect the electronics and overall bike mechanics but Im interested in hearing what users have to say about the bike. Not that Im biased against Bike magazines ( hell I have a BIKE subscription ) just want to hear what some members think of it this season.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Manhattan View Post
    Anyone going to buy the BMW S1000rr ?.
    Yes,

and to go nicely with my other BMW

ASHES

In comparing the s1000 to the cbr1000rra. The price difference shocked me. $17300 vrs $164000. I thought there will be a significant price difference so as not to buy the s1000. Am glad for bmw. The japanese have had it too easy for too long.

Questions to the Original Poster, spikey387 -

How many units did your dealer get in total?
    How many sold already?
    How many available?
    What is the current discount that can be expected for the S1000 rr?

Please post, do not be shy...

Quote Originally Posted by ASHES View Post
    In comparing the s1000 to the cbr1000rra. The price difference shocked me. $17300 vrs $164000. I thought there will be a significant price difference so as not to buy the s1000. Am glad for bmw. The japanese have had it too easy for too long.
    You're looking at just over 20k OTD for the S1000RR.

Durham BMW is getting 16. They've pre-sold 10 and I think the rest are pretty much sold as well.

You won't be getting ANY discounts on these bikes for the forseeable future.

personally the bike is nice but is very over rated give it a year or two and we will see what the hype is all about. i hope it does well but all we have to go off of is what magazines are sayn.

Quote Originally Posted by zacm7 View Post
    personally the bike is nice but is very over rated give it a year or two and we will see what the hype is all about. i hope it does well but all we have to go off of is what magazines are sayn.
    I agree, I still can't wrap my head around the "fact" that they are making 25-30hp more than the competition and that it will be reliable. Only time will tell but I really do hope it works out for them, a bike of this caliber at this price point could only mean better bikes to come from every manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by ASHES View Post

When you add the cost of; ABS, quick-shifter, TC to the CBR that $16.4 turns into $19.9 + pretty quick. the other thing I was told at the bike show was that anything that they are sourcing for the Cdn SBK team can be worked into the sale means that any buyer can get a track-day bike that will be a ton of fun right out of the box.

If my budget would allow it I'd sign for one with track bodywork a PC and a full arco system tomorrow.

Durham BMW is getting 16. They've pre-sold 10 and I think the rest are pretty much sold as well.

You won't be getting ANY discounts on these bikes for the forseeable future.

Thank you Sir, for the good information, but would love to hear it directly from the Original Poster, spikey387... who (as you may know) is a salesman at the mentioned BMW dealer...

About the rest being "sold"... it'd appear that not yet, they are still looking for buyers, based on the online advertising.

About the discount... spikey387 posted the bikes for sale (for msrp) AND WILL INCLUDE 2 FREE TRACK DAYS at mosport... so obviously this offer for "free" stuff begs the question... "what if I don't want the free track days? can I get a $$$ discount?"

Marco's Questions:

Q: How many units did the dealer get in total?
    A: 15 + 1 demo

Q: How many sold already?
    A: 13

Q: How many available?
    A: 2

Q: What is the current discount that can be expected for the S1000 rr?
    A: $0.00

Q: "What if I don't want the free track days? can I get a $$$ discount?"
    A: $0.00

Online advertising, no. Took the pics to post them up out of interest. People were asking when they could see one in person as most had only seen pictures.

Etonna is right, the S1000RR a bike of this caliber at this price point could only mean better bikes to come from every manufacturer. The japanese manufacturers have been lazy, this is their wake-up call. People want more for their $$$, not an unreasonalbe request.