Bmw s1000rr! - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bmw s1000rr!

Re: Bmw s1000rr!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Well, three bolts and the whole tail, including the plate, comes off for track days.
    the depth of ones pocket plays a role in the amount of restraint that will be demonstrated on said track while manipulating a machine of this value.

Quote Originally Posted by eng2007 View Post
    the depth of ones pocket plays a role in the amount of restraint that will be demonstrated on said track while manipulating a machine of this value.
    that applies to anyone on any bike. not sure what you're getting at here other than sour grapes.

Banned

Well, three bolts and the whole tail, including the plate, comes off for track days.
    Ha, my tail comes off without a single bolt! I knew the Austrians were better than the Germans..

Quote Originally Posted by eng2007 View Post
    Doesn't that apply to any bike? Or are you implying that since my bike costs $600 more than an R1 I'll ride $600 dollars more slowly?

Trust me, the value of my bike isn't what restricts my risk taking. It's the value of my life.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes View Post
    Ha, my tail comes off without a single bolt! I knew the Austrians were better than the Germans..

Austrians have always made an art of being able to switch quickly. The Germans are more committed to one course of action. I'm kidding.

You have an RC8? Very nice ride.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

Doesn't that apply to any bike? Or are you implying that since my bike costs $600 more than an R1 I'll ride $600 dollars more slowly?

Trust me, the value of my bike isn't what restricts my risk taking. It's the value of my life.
    I would say you could safely take more risks with this bike since the electronics will help save you.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    I would say you could safely take more risks with this bike since the electronics will help save you.
    Not true. I don't know of any electronics which compensate for poor body positioning, braking too deep into corners, giving up on corners and general poor judgement. Electronic aids can help a good rider be better. They don't make a bad rider good.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Wasnt aware the bike was so cheap. Enjoy it.

Guess Ill head over to the Ducati forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    Not true. I don't know of any electronics which compensate for poor body positioning, braking too deep into corners, giving up on corners and general poor judgement. Electronic aids can help a good rider be better. They don't make a bad rider good.
    true.
    You can go full throttle at max lean and it won't highside.....how is that not helping? Takes throttle control out of the picture.

Heads up, heads up, heads up.

The canadian bike show, "Motorcycle Experience" on TSN, will be doing a review of the Bimmer.

Check the weekend TSN schedule for times.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Saw an acid green one on the DVP exiting at Richmond yesterday, rider in a silver helmet and black jacket. Didn't even recognize the bike at first, looked like it was a 250. The rider dwarfed it, he must have been 6'8 or so. Or it's an incredibly small bike. At 6'4 my bet is that I wouldn't look much different on it.

I miss big litre bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimesf4i View Post
    Saw an acid green one on the DVP exiting at Richmond yesterday, rider in a silver helmet and black jacket. Didn't even recognize the bike at first, looked like it was a 250. The rider dwarfed it, he must have been 6'8 or so. Or it's an incredibly small bike. At 6'4 my bet is that I wouldn't look much different on it.

I miss big litre bikes.

I'm 6'4" and 230lbs and the bike fits me well. Better than the R1 and ZX10 and CBR. About equally well to me with the 1198.

I know what you mean about bigger bikes though. I was considering a ZX14 or a Busa figuring that I needed that size of bike to feel the proper scale on. But the BMW is very comfy and is just so damn imble it brings a smile to my face every time I ride it.
    2010 BMW S1000RR

You guys buying a bike as a fashion accesory or what? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    You guys buying a bike as a fashion accesory or what? Lol
    yup, you don't?

I sat on it at the show and I found it quite small, I am 6'3. However still relatively comfortable.