Bmw s1000rr!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bmw s1000rr!

Bmw s1000rr!

I know a lot of people were wondering when these bikes were going to show up so they could see them. I saw these 3 at BMW Durham in Ajax.

White Team Race Colour:
    http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/e7...3f6d141bd66283

Acid Green Colour:
    http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/e7...1822da6b6077b5

Black Colour:
    http://www.photoshop.com/accounts/e7...b639a60c49b781

Re: Bmw s1000rr!

What are they selling them for?
    Look, lean, believe!

$17,300. In Canada they are all fully optioned out with traction control, shift assist, and race abs. These options cost extra $$ in the states. I asked how many they have left and they have 5 left. Only one white one left available for sale, most of them were bought and paid for before they were even manufactured lol

If you have 20K in your pocket, purchase it. People will be paying over list for this bike in the Spring. Get the White one.

Quote Originally Posted by spikey387 View Post
    $17,300. In Canada they are all fully optioned out with traction control, shift assist, and race abs. These options cost extra $$ in the states. I asked how many they have left and they have 5 left. Only one white one left available for sale, most of them were bought and paid for before they were even manufactured lol
    Don't believe everything you hear. This is simply sales pitch...
    The idea being that these bikes were going to be soooo great that prospective buyers were so keen about the bike that they actually paid for it in full!!! before there was any info on whether it was a first time successful bike or not. Not.
    A couple grand deposits are MORE than enough to ensure you are going to get your bike. There are laws to protect you in this way. In fact $500. should be enough.
    Salesman just wants you too to be hyped and thinking "gee, I better put a deposit down right now or they might sell out".

The first quarter allotment to Canada are almost all already sold (deposit only, no paying in full until delivery). No one is exactly sure how many will be coming to Canada in 2010. I've read that Canada may be getting about 150 all together. I would expect they'll have no trouble selling them all.

I've heard that the dealers are pleading for as many as they can get.

The sales people are anything but pushy about this bike. They don't have to be. It sells itself.

Oh, and the Acid Green one is mine (well, not actually, mine won't be in until March).

^
    Ya I have no doubt they will sell that number easily enough, especially now that more is known about the bike.
    But no one ever needs to pay in full for a bike that will be mass produced, prior to it even being built.

Quote Originally Posted by thumpit View Post
    ^
    Ya I have no doubt they will sell that number easily enough, especially now that more is known about the bike.
    But no one ever needs to pay in full for a bike that will be mass produced, prior to it even being built.
    No one should ever pay anything more than a deposit on anything. Not unless they're an idiot.

I was under the impression that the availabiltiy of tis bike would be limited? So it will be mass produced?

^
    Well, I am not interested in buying one, so I haven't investigated it, but logic would dictate that if the bike was never going to be mass produced, then it's admission price would be thousands more than it is.

Thinking about getting this for a track bike for next season...

For your viewing pleasure :

204hp S1000RR vs 700 hp Corvette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATV4Ltbk5Qc

And the winner is....

Last edited by SunnY S; 01-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Woohoo!
    Gixxer 750

Banned

drool gimme the ZR1 any day

Quote Originally Posted by HamiltonRR View Post
    I was under the impression that the availabiltiy of tis bike would be limited? So it will be mass produced?
    I think it has to be mass produced in certain large numbers otherwise they couldn't enter the bike into WSBK. And as someone else pointed out, limited edition bike would cost probably 27K and up ...

Quote Originally Posted by SunnY S View Post
    For your viewing pleasure :

204hp S1000RR vs 700 hp Corvette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATV4Ltbk5Qc

And the winner is....

Can you name one litre ss bike which would not achieve the same?

Hardly surprising win, is it?

I think the limited roll-out is very much the same marketing tactic as we saw with XBox 360s and Nintendo Wii's. If there are enough to go around, no-one is going to be nearly as excited about it. They could supply all that are wanted, but will instead release them in dribs and drabs in the first year.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

mmmm all that power from the BMW could come in handy! This is a video of a guy stunting the S1000RR

http://www.youtube.com/user/Stuntrid.../0/T-rdm_YwLgc

Quote Originally Posted by spikey387 View Post
    I have one question - how do you know that the ABS and traction control are included in the base price? The Canadian brochure and previous information (press release) indicated that ABS would be an option...

Speculation was that the abs price could be an extra canadian $1,000

I see that the USA website has it as "Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480.00"

What's going on?
    Security transcends technology

Quote Originally Posted by MarcosSantiago View Post
    I have one question - how do you know that the ABS and traction control are included in the base price? The Canadian brochure and previous information (press release) indicated that ABS would be an option...

Speculation was that the abs price could be an extra canadian $1,000

I see that the USA website has it as "Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: $1,480.00"

What's going on?
    I would guess by going on the BMW site and seeing at standard equipment.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker