Motorcycle rental in Argentina

Thread: Motorcycle rental in Argentina

Motorcycle rental in Argentina

Going to Rent a BMW for 1 day in February in Buenos Aires. Any rental recommendations? I've got a quote from Admo Tours. Wondering if anyone else has rented from them, or another company in Buenos Aires.

Also, any recommendations on roads to travel or sights to see? Only have the bike from 10am to 5:30pm, but should be a good enough period of time to get around if riding non stop.

Thanks.

Re: Motorcycle rental in Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by Krimesf4i View Post
    Going to Rent a BMW for 1 day in February in Buenos Aires. Any rental recommendations? I've got a quote from Admo Tours. Wondering if anyone else has rented from them, or another company in Buenos Aires.

Also, any recommendations on roads to travel or sights to see? Only have the bike from 10am to 5:30pm, but should be a good enough period of time to get around if riding non stop.

Thanks.
    Bro; just try to stay alive. I visit my family yearly there; and all i can say is they are nuts down there!! Anyway; not trying to put you on a downer; have a blast and just be carefull. When are you going?? I am trying to book out soon too; checking for rates daily!! Have fun and post up some pics when you get back!!

ASHES

Not to spoil your mood but why do you guys keep asking these questions? How will Canadians know where to rent a bike in somalia? peru, costa rica, etc. Go down there and ask the locals. Besides, i wouldn't do it if i were you because third world countries have a much more relaxed attitude about road violations.

Quote Originally Posted by ASHES View Post
    Not to spoil your mood but why do you guys keep asking these questions? How will Canadians know where to rent a bike in somalia? peru, costa rica, etc. Go down there and ask the locals.
    Some of us Canadians do travel, y'know?

And asking a local might not yield the same kind of info as asking a fellow Canadian traveller the same questions. Things like licensing and insurance for foreigners. Also pricing and fitness/reliability of a motorcycle are relative. A price that seems reasonable to a Canadian might be exorbitantly high for someone in a 2nd/3rd world country. And they might find a clapped out, 30-year-old bike to be acceptable for cross-country travel whereas we would think hard about riding it around the block.

Stuff like that...

Not to spoil your mood but why do you guys keep asking these questions? How will Canadians know where to rent a bike in somalia? peru, costa rica, etc. Go down there and ask the locals. Besides, i wouldn't do it if i were you because third world countries have a much more relaxed attitude about road violations.

I always seem to get these answers from this site. Never hurts to ask. Odds are if you're doing it, someone else has as well.
    Current bike - 2008 Vulcan 900c

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    Bro; just try to stay alive. I visit my family yearly there; and all i can say is they are nuts down there!! Anyway; not trying to put you on a downer; have a blast and just be carefull. When are you going?? I am trying to book out soon too; checking for rates daily!! Have fun and post up some pics when you get back!!
    Leaving in just under 4 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. Goodluck with your booking. Flight prices are getting really high, as I'm sure you've noticed.

Don't worry, you didn't spoil my mood. Don't understand where you're coming from though. Why wouldn't I ask fellow canadians on a motorcycle board, just in case? I'd rather speak with someone in my shoes, than try and deal directly with a massive language barrier upon arrival. Not sure what the intention of your post was, besides being bitter.

Ask on the advrider.com site. That place is a wealth of knowledge of motorcycling around the world. They might have some tips for you. Have a good trip!