My experience at Suzuki of Newmarket

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience at Suzuki of Newmarket

My experience at Suzuki of Newmarket

I called and asked them if they had a 09 Hayabusa on the floor. Yes. So I ride out there from Cobourg. Just wanted to have a look, sit on the bike,dream a little dream. Once I get there and am sitting happily on the bike, the salesman approches and starts to tell me all about what a great rider he is,how he shows all his buds how to ride blah,blah,blah.

It was a cold day and then he starts to tell me that I need to be careful in the corners, " Not to much throttle now..." cause of sand( Oh really?) and when I get cold I won't ride very well. ( Wow, thanks for the tip, bro!)

He then said that when he gets home he will be taking HIS busa out for a ride. ( I hear that a lot, mainly from guys in their car at the gas stations)

Now ,if I was a salesman and someone walked in and beelined to a newer model of a bike they already had, wouldn't you think" done deal" No questions were asked about what I was looking for, type of riding, ect BASIC questions that any salesperson SHOULD ask a customer.

He treated me and spoke to me like I was a noob female rider who doesn't have a clue and would perhaps be impressed with his riding prowess.

I got the same attidude from accesories upstairs, when Pecas and I walked back down, we looked at each other and started laughing," Are we exuding some sort of novice-ness or something"

St
    ill in 2009,some places/people can be so condecending to female riders. I could understand if we both rolled up on clearly beginner bikes, but realyy, When we arrive on a busa and a Ducati,I would think a person would figure out that we have SOME level of experience.

Who trains these guys anyways? The are the worst salespeople. Don't they read a book or something on how to sell? Ask questioins, gather information,ect ect, BASIC selling stratigies?

Jeez....

Re: My experience at Suzuki of Newmarket

Are you hot?

That will help put it in context.

Ever see a peacock in heat... same with the Guido's at SON from what I am told.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

was his name Jason?
    ------------------------------------
    2008 GSX1300R Hayabusa (current)

Just by judging from past reviews of SON, you should've known and not raised the bar so high for them.

SON has many,many,many negative comments on this site.
    I am sure that you had a good laugh at their expense.
    Hope you find a decent Stealership that will respect you.

Nooo waayyy.. WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

they deal in volume...i think they sell more bikes then any other dealer in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by tower_man View Post
    they deal in volume...i think they sell more bikes then any other dealer in canada.
    not beating you up....but irrelevant....

replys = 6
    views = 87

I bet they just lost at least a dozen customers from this thread.
    05' 600RR - SOLD
    07' 600RR - SOLD
    11' VEGAS Stage 2
    12' GT500 Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by tower_man View Post
    Only means that they take more money from unsuspecting customers who do not know how bad their reputation is.
    Does not mean that they are reputable.

Stealership to the ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by NRAGED View Post
    ...irrelevant....

replys = 6
    views = 87

I bet they just lost at least a dozen customers from this thread.
    So true.
    The numbers say that for every one person that says something good or bad about a company 8 are influenced by the information from friends,aquaintances,etc.

In the OP`s information it says run away from this company.
    For futher proof read all the comments on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    So true.
    The numbers say that for every one person that says something good or bad about a company 8 are influenced by the information from friends,aquaintances,etc.
    Then the "numbers" theory must be wrong lol.

The amount of negative reviews/threads on GTAM about S.O.N should have sunk the dealership many years ago. Yet every year they are supposed to be the #1 volume dealer in Canada. Question remains if S.O.N is so bad, why are the other Suzuki dealers still behind them in sales?...

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Then the "numbers" theory must be wrong lol.

The amount of negative reviews/threads on GTAM about S.O.N should have sunk the dealership many years ago. Yet every year they are supposed to be the #1 volume dealer in Canada. Question remains if S.O.N is so bad, why are the other Suzuki dealers still behind them in sales?...
    They suck even worst? Other than SON only other suzuki dealer I know is Envy rides...

You guys are all working under the assumption that all motorcyclists in the gta frequent this forum and are up to date on all the negative reviews on SoN.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    They suck even worst? Other than SON only other suzuki dealer I know is Envy rides...
    1 HILLCREST SUZUKI
    8790 YONGE STREET
    RICHMOND HILL, ON L4C 6Z5
    905-482-3172

Snow City Cycle & Marine
    1255 Kennedy Road
    Scarborough, On M1P 2L4
    416 752-1560

Here's a couple more in the area.
    Look, lean, believe!

Quote Originally Posted by 954RR View Post
    1 HILLCREST SUZUKI
    8790 YONGE STREET
    RICHMOND HILL, ON L4C 6Z5
    905-482-3172

Snow City Cycle & Marine
    1255 Kennedy Road
    Scarborough, On M1P 2L4
    416 752-1560

Here's a couple more in the area.
    Did not know about Hillcrest suzuki and completely forgot about Snow city.

Mate of mine's just bought his second bike from them, 09 GSXR750. He shopped on price and colour, knew exactly what he wanted and will never take the bike back there unless there's a serious factory recall that costs $$$$'s. He works next door at the Toyota dealership and knows enough about SON so as to not even let them change a tyre for him. They're car salesmen selling bikes. I saw this afternoon though, they're shifting quite a few used bikes down to the show for tomorrow so who knows? There will be a few more SON customers by the end of Sunday night.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Did not know about Hillcrest suzuki and completely forgot about Snow city.

Me too. I would have gone to Snow City.But I think only a larger dealer would have a busa on the showroom floor this time of year. How can SON sell anything? Their salespeople don't even follow basic guidelines of selling?

What about asking questions, ascertaining customers needs,budget ect ect? I guess I had expected too much,I was fully aware of thier rep, as a matter of fact I had a phone call with them about a race suit they had for sale and they assured me that if I came down they could "be flexible"

Guess what? I went all the way down there and they forgot all about " being flexible" They had the suit for at least 8 months or more.

I HATE dealerships they are all scoundrels. THANK GOD my bf is a licensed motorcycle tech and I don't have to have any service done at a d.ship. Image the thuggery that would go on as a female bringing a bike in for service......

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Me too. I would have gone to Snow City.But I think only a larger dealer would have a busa on the showroom floor this time of year. How can SON sell anything? Their salespeople don't even follow basic guidelines of selling?

What about asking questions, ascertaining customers needs,budget ect ect? I guess I had expected too much,I was fully aware of thier rep, as a matter of fact I had a phone call with them about a race suit they had for sale and they assured me that if I came down they could "be flexible"

Guess what? I went all the way down there and they forgot all about " being flexible" They had the suit for at least 8 months or more.

I HATE dealerships they are all scoundrels. THANK GOD my bf is a licensed motorcycle tech and I don't have to have any service done at a d.ship. Image the thuggery that would go on as a female bringing a bike in for service......
    Well I don't think thuggery would be done to females alone, they will take anyone for their money. My solution is simple to your question. GSX-R riders are more concerned with deciding which Tim Hortons and pose to pose in rather than paying attention to the dealership screwing them.

If you get taken by a dealership then you deserve it. Do your research before buying! Enuff people on this forum are helpful (some a bit too much) and will give input (may not be right, but still input).

pfft, Cry me a river... a salesmen mistreated you and you gotta rant about it? He's prolly just a loser trying to impress you...wait, he's a dealership salesman, this is an open-and-shut case!!

I don't think I've EVER been respected by a salesman, because I look like a 19 y/o kid outta high-school (I'm almost 10 years older, btw :P). Car dealerships, bike dealerships, hell even sales people at Harry Rosen wouldn't give me the time of day, cuz I don't look like "mr. money bags"... I guess not being hassled is nice. Not-so-nice when you want some decent info.

Quote Originally Posted by Kri$han View Post
    pfft, Cry me a river... a salesmen mistreated you and you gotta rant about it? He's prolly just a loser trying to impress you...wait, he's a dealership salesman, this is an open-and-shut case!!

I don't think I've EVER been respected by a salesman, because I look like a 19 y/o kid outta high-school (I'm almost 10 years older, btw :P). Car dealerships, bike dealerships, hell even sales people at Harry Rosen wouldn't give me the time of day, cuz I don't look like "mr. money bags"... I guess not being hassled is nice. Not-so-nice when you want some decent info.
    But you don't get to cry over it because you're not a girl who was treated badly.