Changes at Kawasaki Canada. - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changes at Kawasaki Canada.

Thumbs up Re: Changes at Kawasaki Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Guess I should dust off my bikini eh?
    ........you in a bikini .. .........thats just Soooooo wrong....... so, Jordon on Suzukis huh.........well, what happens if Suzuki does a Yamaha to PMP ........ and PMP does a Yamaha to Suzuki...... then what? Jordons got some really neat GSXR1000's to race the regionals with (the USA/DMG/AMA is no better than Canada, with a little more talent and a lot more travell and NO money)BTW I believe you need US titles for US contingency .........and what team would JS work with???? we know its NOT KAWASAKI........ .......stay tunned, its going to get fun........ BG
    Last edited by Ben G; 01-16-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Re: Changes at Kawasaki Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ssuzuki View Post
    That wood be great!!!! (the GSXR part)
    Jordan will have to adjust for the slower speed of the Gixxer!

Wow

It wasn't too long ago that Szoke was the only Kawi rider that delivered a SBK title to Kawi anywhere in the world. That was then...This is now.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=39145

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    Wow

It wasn't too long ago that Szoke was the only Kawi rider that delivered a SBK title to Kawi anywhere in the world. That was then...This is now.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=39145
    That's pretty sad. One minute Jordan is a four time Superbike Champion and next minute Kawi throws him out the door.

It is very sad what is happening in moto racing these days.

I read an interview with Jamie Hacking the other day on the Superbike Planet web-site and he said that riders in the DMG are offering to ride for free they are so desperate for a ride.

Now I'm losing all my enthusiasm for the sport.

suggestion for those losing enthusiasm ... Pay a visit to your local track during a *regional* race, either Shannonville (RACE) or Cayuga (SOAR).

You will see more racing to fill the day during any regional than you would at any national. At most regionals, the next class is going out on the track as the previous one is coming off ... no waiting unless it's unavoidable. The racing is just as good, often there are more bikes on the track, and you can talk to US in the paddock.

+1 Every shannonville regional round I stopped in at over the past 2 years were overall better then that same weekends motogp on tv. Far more exciting, granted not as fast or fancy. But like said earlier, it didn't take big transports with 30 crew members per transport to deliver some racing that made your *** cringe for the whole race watching from the stands.

How bout Honda Canada opens up its racing program again and Szoke goes back to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    +1 Every shannonville regional round I stopped in at over the past 2 years were overall better then that same weekends motogp on tv. Far more exciting, granted not as fast or fancy. But like said earlier, it didn't take big transports with 30 crew members per transport to deliver some racing that made your *** cringe for the whole race watching from the stands.
    ...........good advice, S'ville and RACE can put on a great regional show.......... SOAR won't be far behind, the GTA riders need to get behind there sport.......... before its gone. BG

If Szoke can get into the US, I am sure he can show just fine.
    Remember when Anthony Gobert had a suspension for "substance issues" and was benched for a bunch of races when he was riding for Ferracci?
    Szoke put that bike in the 10th, 11th and 13th spot, and a couple 2nds as well in AMA.r of times while filling in for the future petty theif/Subway Sandwich Artist,LOL.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Jordan was in the U.S. in the fall race on a fimiliar 10r, but ran 10th or so. In this day and age its too costly to go and run 10th. theres no money in that.
    I still dont get the whole cutting racing programs out tho, even tho its a recesion racing is the ultimate advertizing tool for motorsports, so they should push to have at least as much bikes out on track succeding.
    "Things are slow, sales are slow, so lets advertize (race) less" is what I see.
    CyclePaintWorX - Booked solid until winter 2012.
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    Ultimate Quality Refinishing.
    519-503-8933

Half a season's racing budget pays for a heck of a lot of TV radio and magazine advertising...a lot! So saying they're advertising less is not necessarirly accurate. You're logic is busted.

The North American market is way more influenced by WSBK and MotoGP than the PCSC or AMA competition.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Half a season's racing budget pays for a heck of a lot of TV radio and magazine advertising...a lot! So saying they're advertising less is not necessarirly accurate. You're logic is busted.

The North American market is way more influenced by WSBK and MotoGP than the PCSC or AMA competition.
    I duno, the budgets in Canada have been widdled down pretty severely as of late. I have a good idea what a couple teams budgets were the last couple years.
    I still think its a big marketing tool to have hats posters and t-shirts splattered everywhere saying the ZX6R and ZX10R is 4 time consecutive Canadian champs...
    Kawi cant win anywhere else so why not push the fact they do win at least here ...
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    519-503-8933

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    Kawi cant win anywhere else ...
    Ain't that the truth. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TLDeano View Post
    I duno, the budgets in Canada have been widdled down pretty severely as of late. I have a good idea what a couple teams budgets were the last couple years.
    I still think its a big marketing tool to have hats posters and t-shirts splattered everywhere saying the ZX6R and ZX10R is 4 time consecutive Canadian champs...
    Kawi cant win anywhere else so why not push the fact they do win at least here ...
    Well, maybe we get the good Kawasakis here
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by rsilk View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

/rs
    Im not anti-Kawi or anything like that. I like models, not makes, I own one of each make of one type or another, but numbers and results dont lie. AMA is not where Kawi shines, WSB Kawis cant hang at the front, and Moto GP Kawis arent setting records either. That 600 is a sweet machine tho.
    If you throw enough money at them , the Kawis do seem to work well on the busted up tracks in Canada tho...
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    519-503-8933

Kawi's success here may be due in part to the rule book.

How much does it cost to build a podium capable Pro Superbike ZX-10R in PCSB versus AMA Pro Superbike?? The Yoshimura Suzuki bikes have more money tied up in suspension than it Kawsaki Canada does in the entire bike. Has anyone priced out true Ohlins superbike forks lately?

Kawasaki is a relatively small company compared to the other big 3, they simply don't have the funds available to build and fund a competitive AMA, WSB or motoGP team.

The Yoshimura bikes typically sell for $50G when the team is done with them. Kawasaki Canada's 10R's sell for about $17G.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Kawi's success here may be due in part to the rule book.

How much does it cost to build a podium capable Pro Superbike ZX-10R in PCSB versus AMA Pro Superbike?? The Yoshimura Suzuki bikes have more money tied up in suspension than it Kawsaki Canada does in the entire bike. Has anyone priced out true Ohlins superbike forks lately?

Kawasaki is a relatively small company compared to the other big 3, they simply don't have the funds available to build and fund a competitive AMA, WSB or motoGP team.

The Yoshimura bikes typically sell for $50G when the team is done with them. Kawasaki Canada's 10R's sell for about $17G.
    Canadian superbikes and AMA superbikes cant be compared to, due to the rulebooks, until the 09 season, but very true, whoever throws enough money at the series most often wins.
    Suzuki in AMA has spent 3X+ of some of the other big players. Matt Mladin himself takes home 5 times more than the whole Canadian teams budget!!
    Likewise, Kawis budget in Canada has been close to 3X some of the other player here, so no wonder they win. Honda seen this, and walked away from the silliness a few yrs ago, and everyone else is now doing the same for 010.. Jordan is a very good rider, especially when hes on the team with biggest budget..
    cyclepaintworx@gmail.com
    519-503-8933