Rosey Toes ??? this is my experince - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rosey Toes ??? this is my experince

Re: Rosey Toes ??? this is my experince

lol,

anytime I have heard of roseytoes it's because that's where you go to get a safety, no matter what.

looks like he is living up to the myth.

that's worth a thank you I think,

ohh man...Ted is a pure joker. Great guy but like you all say. You need to be able to handle his humor. Which I did.

Went there last week and ya his farts are killer.
    Loves ripping apart his co op student as well.

ahahahha Anyhow A+ guy from my experience. Gave me good advice and did a great job on the tire swap, safety, break job at a decent rate

What can you say about the character Ted. He certed my bike when Cycle World screwed me over. Besides paying him I offered to put up a web page for his shop. He said "Whatever. If riders find me they find me. I don't need extra work." I put it up anyway. He certed my second bike and gave it a once over without asking me nor charging me. I love his shop because he allows you to see what he is doing and he will tell you and show you about your bike. Other shops won't do this, citing insurance issues.

Note that Ted does safties at people's houses as a favour to riders. He does not want to advertise this and did not want me to put this up on his web page. He prefers that you take your bike to him because it's less hassle for him. If you think Ted will safety a dangerous bike, note that when I was there he was visited by a Ministry of Transportation official who questioned him about some bikes. It's Ted's name on this safety report, so there's some responsibility that he assumes. It's certainly not a rubber stamp approval.

Yes, Ted farts a lot. I know this is an old thread, but I do like Ted. You don't meet many characters like Ted.

How much do you guys pay when he comes to your house? I thought it was $40 but he told me $80.

Nope, $40 if you go to him, $80 (does not include food) for housecall.

-Jamie M.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Nope, $40 if you go to him, $80 (does not include food) for housecall.

-Jamie M.
    Ahhh ok thats what i was thinking! haha well hes comin early so i hope i donthave to make him breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    well hes comin early so i hope i donthave to make him breakfast!
    Wrong. He eats at any time of day.

Have ready for him when he gets there, fresh and hot, he's never late, so time it right:

Bacon and Egg McMuffin Combo
    Supersized (that's two hasbrowns and a large orange juice).
    Extra napkins.

Unless you can cook of course, I can't so yeah.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 04-20-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Wrong. He eats at any time of day.

Have ready for him when he gets there, fresh and hot, he's never late, so time it right:

Bacon and Egg McMuffin Combo
    Supersized (that's two hasbrowns and a large orange juice).
    Extra napkins.

Unless you can cook of course, I can't so yeah.

-Jamie M.
    Pffffftt!!! Lol he can take the extra $40 he charges to come to the house and buy his own!! lol. hes only coming up the street from his work anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    Pffffftt!!! Lol he can take the extra $40 he charges to come to the house and buy his own!! lol.
    Ok, let us know how it works out.

-Jamie M.

Ted came by my place yesterday afternoon. Gave me a bit of help on a van I was fixing while his dog ran up and down the street pissing off all the neighbors. Then to top it off his dog took a huge **** on the neighbors lawn while the guy was outside so he came right over all ****** off. I had to give him some duct tape to put his turn signal light back in on his car before he went home.

Say what you want about him, hes a hell of a character, but is fair when it comes to price and knows his stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Dober View Post
    Ted came by my place yesterday afternoon. Gave me a bit of help on a van I was fixing while his dog ran up and down the street pissing off all the neighbors. Then to top it off his dog took a huge **** on the neighbors lawn while the guy was outside so he came right over all ****** off. I had to give him some duct tape to put his turn signal light back in on his car before he went home.

Say what you want about him, hes a hell of a character, but is fair when it comes to price and knows his stuff!
    Thats so awesome lol
    The artist formely known as Frenchfry

I think it was Ted that did my safety, called him up after referencing this thread. He showed up 3 hours late, but offered to fix my rusty chain for free the next time i go see him. Good guy overall, despite the lateness.