To swerve and reject - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To swerve and reject

Banned

Re: To swerve and reject

Quote Originally Posted by FullMotoJacket View Post
    Mark yourself down for canonization, because the other 99.999999% of the population would revert to their primal instinct and want the doctor there 5 minutes ago.

Any more devil's you'd like to advocate for?
    I would want the Doc there five minutes ago, but there's no way I would want the doc to kill, or injure someone else at the same time. You are dealing in "what ifs" and there are an infinite number of those, and an infinite number of answers... and where does that get ya?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowNLow View Post
    I would want the Doc there five minutes ago, but there's no way I would want the doc to kill, or injure someone else at the same time. You are dealing in "what ifs" and there are an infinite number of those, and an infinite number of answers... and where does that get ya?

You're using what ifs to chastize me for using what ifs? Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by gwelfmike View Post
    What would you be saying if the doctor would have hit your son/daughter/wife/girl friend/mother/father
    The same thing I'd say if you hit my son/daughter/wife/girl friend/mother/father when you were speeding on your motorcycle.

You may now climb up on your soapbox and vociferously claim you NEVER speed, and besides, YOU'RE always in complete control.
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?

Cardiologist shouldn't be speeding at excessive speeds

Cop should give him the benefit of the doubt and check out his story once he reaches the hospital (ya that means actually doing a bit of police work, not revenue generation)

No emergency = throw the book
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Mark yourself down for canonization, because the other 99.999999% of the population would revert to their primal instinct and want the doctor there 5 minutes ago.

Any more devil's you'd like to advocate for?
    How about, "That's why we have a society, rather than a free-for-all. So that we can mitigate the safety and needs of one, against the safety and needs of all."?
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

The surgeon could have gone 10km over the limit in the 40km zone to save himself some time without getting pulled over by a cop. I'm not even sure the route he took, maybe the Bayview extension? If so then he could speed downtown at about 80kmh until hitting Queen/King/River/whatever.

With the current laws in place he simply doesn't have the legal right to speed. I'm not saying that it's not something that should be addressed, but in the meantime he should realize that he could probably get to the hospital faster by driving "legally" (10-20kmh faster than posted limits depending on where you are).
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    How about, "That's why we have a society, rather than a free-for-all. So that we can mitigate the safety and needs of one, against the safety and needs of all."?

Do I need to look up instinct and want on dictionary.com then post the results for you? Society may deem that you don't get your way or aren't entitled to it, but unless you're Mother Theresa, you're going to damn well want it. 4.000 years of civilization is not going to over rule 4 million years of evolution without a fight.
    Last edited by FullMotoJacket; 01-12-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Hmmmmm. you are forgetting the fact that before the police charge someone with speeding they check his/her driving record... for all you know the "doc" could have numerous speeding offenses..... or other moving violations.... Had I been in the cops position, I would have phone the hospital to check.... but the officer is under no obligation to do so.
    How about just fill out the damn ticket already! It takes the whole of 2 minutes to fill it out! NOT ten. Fill out your dang notebook on your own time, not mine or a doctor who is visibly eager to leave in a hurry.

Heck, if it was me, I'd walk back to the cruiser and tell him to mail me the ticket and my license and then I'd leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    How about just fill out the damn ticket already! It takes the whole of 2 minutes to fill it out! NOT ten. Fill out your dang notebook on your own time, not mine or a doctor who is visibly eager to leave in a hurry.
    Excellent point. Again, ****** example of discretion. The usual display of arrogance.

Heck, if it was me, I'd walk back to the cruiser and tell him to mail me the ticket and my license and then I'd leave.
    And get nailed for driving without a licence and maybe street racing if you also fail the attitude test.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Do I need to look up instinct and want on dictionary.com then post the results for you? Society may deem that you don't get your way or aren't entitled to it, but unless you're Mother Theresa, you're going to damn well want it. 4.000 years of civilization is not going to over rule 4 million years of evolution without a fight.
    Only if I need to post the meaning of "society." I may have to, at that.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I think if I'd been in that cop's position, my reaction would have been "Leave your car right there, get into mine, and let's get you there".
    Too much of common sense involved. A lot of people here assume that there's a speeding cardiologist every night in GTA ... LOL Poor cop, it was a tough situation and he went by the protocol.

I wonder how would he sleep at night if the patient died. I know I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    There is a really really easy way to fix this.

Call in to the station regarding the situation and have them check it out.

If situation checks out then the doctor gets there lights and sirens going. Deal with the parked car later.

If situation doesn't check out ... they get a ride back to their car and they get a ticket!
    Give it up Brian, it ain't that easy in today's society. Look at the opinions here, I bet most think that the cop acted rationaly.

Banned

And how do you know how long it takes? Are you a cop? Every ticket is the same? The police do fill out their notebook on their own time, and not while they have you stopped... really shows how much you know about procedure now doesn't it????

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Give it up Brian, it ain't that easy in today's society. Look at the opinions here, I bet most think that the cop acted rationaly.
    Of course the cop acted rationally... he did exactly as he was supposed to do... stop speeders. You weren't there, I wasn't there, so you have no idea what transpired, or what the Doc said...

The same thing I'd say if you hit my son/daughter/wife/girl friend/mother/father when you were speeding on your motorcycle.

You may now climb up on your soapbox and vociferously claim you NEVER speed, and besides, YOU'RE always in complete control.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, you can't have it both ways... you can't give the Doc the "license" to speed, and then ***** them out when they kill someone ... are you saying "ohhhh, yes, they can speed to an emergency, but they MUST do it safely."? Give me a break....

Actually, it's the 4000 years of "civilization" that lets us overcome those 4 million years of evolution, without so much as a thought... that's why society "works"... think about it for a second.

You're using what ifs to chastize me for using what ifs? Ok.
    Nope, no what ifs in what I posted... I said I would want the Doc there 5 minutes ago, but I sure as hell wouldn't want him/her killing anyone... point out the "what if" there would ya? No? Didn't think so.

Excellent point. Again, ****** example of discretion. The usual display of arrogance.
    You are right... the arrogance of some of the people on this site is ASTOUNDING.... What I suggest you do, instead of whining about it, is quit your job, get hired by a police force, and then do the job the "way it should be done." No? If you whine and complain about something and do nothing to change it, then stop whining and complaining.
    Last edited by SlowNLow; 01-12-2010 at 11:17 PM.

2004 Monte Carlo SS - Dale Earnhardt Edition
    That's all I need to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Kinda describes how our duly elected representatives of society passed Bill 203 to mitigate the needs of one, against the safety and needs of all. Oh wait, you vehemently opposed to THAT one. I guess that's where "Morally Ambiguous" comes in to play. You change your mores to suit yourself (along with the rest of the hypocrites bragging about their high powered machines in their sigs while vilifying the doc).

"But no amount of pleading or explaining would deter the officer from issuing the physician a $300 ticket, said Michael Oscars, Halstrom's longtime partner."

He was so worried about his patient that he contested the ticket during the stop? Tick, tock, good doctor. Arguing with cops is a waste of time.

"The doctor arrived a little later than he wanted to be, very upset, very angry because he had encountered a police officer," Oscars recalled."

This man performs high-stakes cardiac surgery and gets flustered by a speeding ticket? Hope his hands weren't shaking at the injustice of a minor inconvenience. Mind you, the mistakes would have to be pretty bad for the self-regulating College to even acknowledge it.

Banned

That's all I need to hear.
    I guess when you can't contest what someone says, you resort to this.... LMAO... Truly pathetic I tell ya.

Kinda describes how our duly elected representatives of society passed Bill 203 to mitigate the needs of one, against the safety and needs of all. Oh wait, you vehemently opposed to THAT one. I guess that's where "Morally Ambiguous" comes in to play. You change your mores to suit yourself (along with the rest of the hypocrites bragging about their high powered machines in their sigs while vilifying the doc).
    So what your saying is that because I have a car, or a bike, that is capable of going 190 mph, I am not allowed to vilify someone for speeding? LMAO.... That's somewhat idiotic don'tcha think? So by your logic, because I own guns, and they are capable of killing someone, I cannot berate someone who HAS killed someone with a gun? Great logic you got there.
    Last edited by SlowNLow; 01-13-2010 at 01:31 AM.

I guess when you can't contest what someone says, you resort to this.... LMAO... Truly pathetic I tell ya.
    Nah, I just can't take anything someone who proudly displays a #3 sticker in their back window says seriously.

So what your saying is that because I have a car, or a bike, that is capable of going 190 mph, I am not allowed to vilify someone for speeding?
    If you speed, you have no right to complain about someone else speeding. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? (hint: here's where you tell me you don't speed......or only speed responsibly, and putting those vehicles in your sig is bragging about perceived wealth, not the speeds you routinely do in them)

Wait, there's that pesky #3 sticker rule again. Nevermind.
    Last edited by FullMotoJacket; 01-13-2010 at 06:50 AM.