CBR F4 rebuild (again)

Thread: CBR F4 rebuild (again)

CBR F4 rebuild (PAINT UPDATE)

Well after not having my bike together for almost 2 years I decided to get it back on the road, I will try and get pictures of everything as I go but alot of stuff has already been done (may have older pics). My goal for the old girl was to try and get all the goodies (atleast the stuff I like) Honda ever offered on different models onto my F4, and for the least amount of money. So far I've done the 929 front end swap, F4i tail swap, RC51 SP2 front wheel with the 929 330mm rotors of course and the one that I keep getting asked about is the VFR single sided swingarm swap. So here's a pic of it before I tore it apart for winter and to get all my painting and detailing done. I will try and do more of a timeline of how I got to this point with pictures later on.

Last edited by cagedcbr; 05-14-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: update
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...

Re: CBR F4 rebuild (again)

Quote Originally Posted by cagedcbr View Post
    well after not having my bike together for almost 2 years i decided to get it back on the road, i will try and get pictures of everything as i go but alot of stuff has already been done (may have older pics). My goal for the old girl was to try and get all the goodies (atleast the stuff i like) honda ever offered on different models onto my f4, and for the least amount of money. So far i've done the 929 front end swap, f4i tail swap, rc51 sp2 front wheel with the 929 330mm rotors of course and the one that i keep getting asked about is the vfr single sided swingarm swap. So here's a pic of it before i tore it apart for winter and to get all my painting and detailing done. I will try and do more of a timeline of how i got to this point with pictures later on.

omfg ilu!!!!

Must be rusty on my interweb abbreviations LOL, I think that's good. I'm going to try and ad some pictures tonight, aswell as some p-chopped paint schemes I'm thinking of. I spoke to a friend of mine today and he said he's willing to do all my decals for free (for what? show you in a second) if I paint his wifey's scooter. One idea is to go back to my old (yet never finished) Rothmans paint scheme hence the free decal set. Another pic added before I tore the bike apart aswell.

I started painting the bike a gunmetal grey but didn't like it, it's all in primer again.

One more pic for tonight before I show what's going on now, GSX-R radial master. If you notice in the pic above I'm running older GSX-R 1000 6-pistom Tokico's on the front. The lever end is cut off for a reason, I'll show that later. Goodnight

thats some serious work! good job

Finally got some work done, LOL. I should have some pics up tomorrow or by the end of the week. The parts should be painted this weekend (fingers crossed).

man thats savage! more pics please
    00' cbr 600 f4
    01 dodge diesel 4x4 6 speed handshaker

Not sure when I'll get some updated pics of the bike but right now I'm kind of stuck without an F4i tail section. I ended up using the race tail on my F4i because I want to be able to have a passenger on the F4 again, and in doing so leaves me with no tail. As soon as I find something I'm going to start painting the bike, although not sure what I'm doing just yet.

By the way munch, you don't happen to live around Donlands and Danforth do you? There is someone I see going back and forth on my street lately with a red and black F4. By the way that's exactly what mine looked when I first got her LOL. Reason I ask is I was looking for someone that has the same thing and I can eventually take a picture of the 2 bikes side by side, kind of like a before and after.

well she has come a long way , no im in Stoney Creek but would be glad to help you out with the before and after thing though....whats all involved to do the f4i tail swap?
    00' cbr 600 f4
    01 dodge diesel 4x4 6 speed handshaker

Yeah it's had many lifes LOL, this I beleive will be it's final life and from the time it's finished up I may ad little stuff like levers ect...

The F4i swap is basically the subframe, inner plastic, tail section, seats, tail light, passenger pegs and finding new places to put stuff like your rectifier and ecu. All in all it's more or less a unbolt one and bolt on the other situation. You also have to either make up a bracket to relocate the fuel pump or you could always cut the bracket off the F4 subframe and have it welded to the F4i subframe. I had cut mine off because it would have hit my swingarm when I swapped the 600RR swingarm.

Finally got to get some painting done on this bike, which is good because that's pretty much all she needs now. Anyways here are some pics, everything except the side fairings should be all cleared this weekend then I can get the bike out of my basement and start finishing her up. It may not be suitable for alot of people but hey, it's what I do and it needs to be wacky for me to accept it LOL.

This is just a hint of the gas tank, it still needs more work today and I'll post more pics of it when I get the airbrushing done. So far, candy orange metal flake.

The front fairing all the way back to the sides of the tank will be lit up with fire will various clowns here and there. All this stuff is mostly done, just have to go back now and ad a few details and then it's time for clear and mounting lights ect...

great JOB...looks neat

Thanks, I still have some detailing to do on those peices but if all goes to my plan (never happens) everything minus the side fairings should be all cleared by sunday evening. I just finished prepping my fender aswell and should be able to get that done this evening. I will post more pics when I start clearing stuff.

Got my fender done and all the little details in the pictured parts, so hopefully I will be shooting some clear tomorrow. I will post pics if I do.

I've decided to stick the RC wheel and VFR swingarm on my F4i if I can find a 929/954 wheel, if anyone knows someone that has one they're willing to sell please let me know.