Huskies are street legal now.... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huskies are street legal now....

Re: Huskies are street legal now....

Quote Originally Posted by aamarsha View Post
    Huskies have had road legal bike for some time... I bought mine in 06 a 610sm. A wicked all round bike... and it happens to be posted in the for sale section
    Not OEM street legal which is different. If you had it plated, you simply got lucky, it could have easily gone the other way .....

didnt ktm steal the husaberg design many years ago most of the rmk motors are interchangable with parts between them most people dont no that !!!!!when they blow they blow and it sucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by brent View Post
    didnt ktm steal the husaberg design many years ago most of the rmk motors are interchangable with parts between them most people dont no that !!!!!when they blow they blow and it sucks lol

KTM owns Husaberg
    2009 Husqvarna TE250

I guess I never got the memo - LOL! My SM610 has been plated since fall of 2008.

Its for sale too!

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=116076

I'm not a having an off-road rider, at all, but I'd like a dual sport as a second bike. I'm having a hard time understanding what vehicles are / were blueplated. Seems kind of hard to know what is/isn't approved, and from what I've figured out reading the forum it looks like a few years ago they changed things / stopped blueplating?

Don't mean to hijack, if someone could shoot me a PM or something I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    I'm not a having an off-road rider, at all, but I'd like a dual sport as a second bike. I'm having a hard time understanding what vehicles are / were blueplated. Seems kind of hard to know what is/isn't approved, and from what I've figured out reading the forum it looks like a few years ago they changed things / stopped blueplating?

Don't mean to hijack, if someone could shoot me a PM or something I'd appreciate it.
    The simple answer is that as of a couple of years ago if your bike didn't come new from the dealer as street legal you are not allowed to make it street legal. Before this new law people were taking bikes that were made only for offroad, throwing some lights and blinkers on them, gettign them certified and then blue plated.

Apparently if you get lucky and catch a ministry worker that doesnt know this law you can still pull it off in some cases

The hunt begins, thanks jdepp =)

Unless you are looking for a specific machine, there's a plenty of OEM street legal dual sports. It's only a problem when you need a racing bike to be street legal (that's where the blue plating comes into play) .... or until some time ago, they were not that many supermoto street legal bikes.