Planning to buy a bike, can you help? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planning to buy a bike, can you help?

Re: Planning to buy a bike, can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Whaddaya ride?
    The all mighty Kanatuna!

Be a man and go for something with a little more power!

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
    I do not agree with people riding anything larger then a 600cc to start.
    Even then, a 600cc is a little bit much.
    enough said.
    to the op. most ppl in here have a bit more experience than you and most of them recommend a smaller bike. just consider the possibility that there might be some reasoning there.
    2000 black sv650

I like the fact that since the topic of insurance has come up, he hasn't posted a response. I just picked up my first bike last week, ended up getting a GS500E which is far from anything SS but insurance quotes for me are still hovering around 2K... Hate to think what this guy is in for considering hes younger then myself with a bike thats probably 3 or 4 times as powerful. I'd guess around the 8 or 9k mark.

Where in the hell in Ontario could you push that bike to its potential other then a track? He's better off getting a cheaper 6 or god forbid - 500cc bike and spending the difference on some gear.

To the OP, if you do go with the R1, god speed.

Adam

Hey man don't let them get to you, bike is a bike they all got 2 wheel and engine when you learn u ride wateva you want
    i got a gixxer 1000cc its my favorite bike get wat you want or u'll regret it l8tr

Quote Originally Posted by Syphen View Post

An R1 for your first bike? You should look into life insurance as well.

i'll pay for your life insurance policy if you make me the primary beneficiary, im sure i'll see more than 10000+% return on my investment.

"...even a monkey can go fast in a straight line..."

Do you really want to be associated with a monkey?

Whats the point of owning a R1, paying for the tires/insurance/performance when all you need is a 250?

Maybe its to compensate for something else?
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 01-13-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan1000 View Post
    Hey man don't let them get to you, bike is a bike they all got 2 wheel and engine when you learn u ride wateva you want
    i got a gixxer 1000cc its my favorite bike get wat you want or u'll regret it l8tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan1000 View Post
    Hey guys im 19 and i just picked up a use Suzuki GSXR 1000cc 2006 model as my first bike ever, aways wanted to ride and love the bike my favourite 2 friends of mine one has dirt bike for yrs now and other 1 has r6 they told me that it wont take long to learn both r planning on buying biggr bikes soon so we will have 3 way battle haha.
    I alway want to ride bike and my dad talked me into getting one, not into riding but the right bike for me, i always wanted to ride and we were in florida on vacation not long ago when i told him i wanted to buy bike an that i wnna rode long time now. i fund few bikes gixxer 600cc around 5-6k$$
    my dad finds me 1000cc for around the same price and similra milage and basically says its more economical to buy because most people move up cc quickly
    So we bought the bike together we drove down there in our van and went to homedepot and bougth tie downs and put the bike in the van, best christmas present evaa!/. weather was so nice i couldnt resist drivin little bit and took it out, we were stayin at our friends house so we brougt it there for little bit. i got the bike moving it was awesome my frist stop i completely forgot that you guys have to put your feet down to keep up lol my bad, no damage done to me or bike so lesson learnt there
    i was real nervous drivin slow learnin to stop n go smootly on mybike but i soon plan on gettin home n buying full gear jacket n gloves, got helmet down there easily i was in store n tried on shoei x11 totally awesome looking helmet so happy i got it, i tried it on very comfortable, tied strap, helmet didnt move much

Planning on taking msf course which do you guyys recommend??/?, insurance will be paid for by dad, deal was i buy bike he pays insurance for now
    LOOKING FORWARD TO RIDING WITH YOU GUYS SOON IN SPRINGTIME!

ah! I'll buy your life insurance policy as well, i dont mind either.

you just go ahead and buy the bike that makes you happy.
    i, too, am a fan of the R1 and it's big brother the R6!
    Last edited by IXFe; 01-18-2010 at 02:18 PM.