Hitch carriers - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitch carriers

Re: Hitch carriers

Hey what would you guys say is the tongue weight of a light trailer with a snowmobile on it ? I'm thinking of towing a trailer and having my bike on the lift lol....I hope I dont roast my tranny.
    2009 Ninja 250r SE
    2001 Kx 125

I want to tow my bike on a ford focus station wagon to BC. Any recommendations? Can I use the hitch or should I use a trailer? The bike is Bandit 1200.
    http://www.arcadius.ca/

1964 Junak M10, 2000 Bandit 1200

for the hitch carriers u need at least a class 3 hitch...which means you need a vehicle with a real frame...no unibody.

Thus your focus is out, no choice but a trailer. Plus i dont think a hitch carrier will even carry a bandit 1200...they are usually only good for 3-500lbs
    2009 Husqvarna TE250

What class hitch for this one?

Actually it's fastened to aluminum plates bolted to the rear subframe. I used the same two points that straps would tie it down for an ocean crossing so...who knows. It scared me that I could be doing real damage to the car so I quite using it.

ride - if you want to

this thing covers thr rear plate right? What about our freinds in blue. will they give me a ticket for covering the rear plate

Quote Originally Posted by tower_man View Post
    this thing covers thr rear plate right? What about our freinds in blue. will they give me a ticket for covering the rear plate
    Probably. But I've been using this one for over 2 years now and I've travelled up and down the 401 without any problems. You can see my plate under the bike if you're right behind me.

Have a Boss carrier, hauled a 990 superduke from Huntsville to Edmonton with no problems, just added a strap from the bike to the bumper for extra stability. Also installed a plate holder with light and tail lights from CT into exsisting trailer light wiring. f150 pickup with 5ooolb receiver. Using it to haul 600 trackbike this year. If you find a trackbike on the road this year, the carrier failed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matts canon 063.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	16302
    well i gave in a got one too

isnt it cheaper to throw bikes in the back of a pickup? it cant be that much more of a hassel

Quote Originally Posted by zacm7 View Post
    isnt it cheaper to throw bikes in the back of a pickup? it cant be that much more of a hassel
    lol it is easy, but i have a tool box in the back thant i hate pulling in and out. Plus i want to get a cap for my truck(I know its a old man thing to do but there so nice for keeping all your stuff dry and safe)