Off Axis Stunting - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off Axis Stunting

Re: Off Axis Stunting

we are based out of Calgary Alberta...although Matt Kliewer rides in Edmonton and joins us for shows and comps from time to time...hes a killer

Stock pegs are like daggers, especially when they get rashed a little and the tips become even sharper....Id never stunt with stock pegs or any aftermarket peg that is slash cut on an angle....

Just ask Jackson his Kit Kawi rear set pegs sliced into his ankle not too long ago...He swapped them out before he rode again...

this is the same reason I weld the ball ends back onto my HB levers when I cut them short

you know i remember you telling me that a long time ago johnny about teh ball ends...

i got a buddy to weld an msr ball back on mine...but damn did he SUCK *** at it lol...most porous weld job ever....bubble city :P
    oh well it holds
    i actually dont mind it but i want a smaller ball...waiting for my Righteous long lever to do a good one

Justin what happened to "touching the streets" ?

Quote Originally Posted by cirtem View Post
    you know i remember you telling me that a long time ago johnny about teh ball ends...

i got a buddy to weld an msr ball back on mine...but damn did he SUCK *** at it lol...most porous weld job ever....bubble city :P
    oh well it holds
    i actually dont mind it but i want a smaller ball...waiting for my Righteous long lever to do a good one
    The clutch is the only lever I dont weld the balls back onto, I cant use them with a ball because Im doing clutch/HB tricks like death spins and stalls now. The MSR ball end is really bulky and a funny shape, and it hurts my knuckles as I pull it in, when it rubs against my other finger....

For those I just round them really good and cut them very very short...I recently got the Righteous and it took some time getting used to it, the ball on his is very very small so its nice to hold your finger in place but doesnt hurt my hand when I pull it in..The whole thing was a little bulkier then the MSR so I had to set it up slightly different, and thats what I had to get used too...Also its not as EZ to pull as my MSR was, its very nice and tight n smooth with not slop but just a little harder to pull....

And the welding was probably really hard because there isnt much real aluminum in them, its pot metal and that crap is hard to weld!

Brake levers are a must thou, Ive never stabbed myself with one. I did cut myself pretty good just rubbing my arm against one crashing once..Depends on the lever too, some are really skinny where you cut them or have sharpe edges after being cut...

touching the streets as wicked as that video was caused us ALOT of trouble and sponsorship losses...so it had to be removed indefinately
    maybe one day we'll release our long awaited DVD and include it...but till then im staying off the camera on the streets :P

yea i welded the ball on my MSR and i find that the awkward shape is a pain in the *** with stalls...which im killing out here now lovin it
    im gettin a righteous though asap so im stoked for it...sucks that it is harder to pull though but beefy for sure. i might weld the ball back on now that im used to it with my MSR (nobody likes my bike cause of that big ball lol) i like it cause with stalls i never have to worry about losing my clutch. ill probably weld my righteous one on too

i have never welded my brake levers but i grind, sand and round and smooth all my lever ends pretty meticulously...i like a smooth finish and rough ends are dangerous i agree.
    if you clean the ends up nicely though they cant do as much damage...AS MUCH

Check these out, this is how Ive been doing my levers lately....Just ground the welds smooth, now they just need to be powder coated...Both had about 2" taken out

dood thats amazing!
    they look stock lol!
    i should take a pic of my lever my buddy welded...the porosity would make you laugh lol
    i dont think he had it hot enough for that metal