Brittany Murphy dies at 32.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brittany Murphy dies at 32.

Brittany Murphy dies at 32.

Re: Brittany Murphy dies at 32.

Quite shocking. Although she always seemed to have a drugged-out look to her.
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

man 2009 was def not the year for celebs....so many have died...

RIP
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

We'll know better when they publish the cod. In any case may she rip.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

She'll always be Luanne to me.

Unbelievable. Has to be a pre-existing condition or some kind of drug use. That's really scary, so young. RIP.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post

RIP
    and even more "ordinary" people.... but you don't hear about them in the news.

Either way, she was talented and I was a fan: RIP
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

Not surprised that this happened as many hollywood actresses are into the whole coffee/crack/diet coke type of diet. She's pretty rail thin so it could have been anything that caused it. I also read it was cardiac arrest.
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

RIP
    drugs are getting more potent

Quote Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
    She's pretty rail thin so it could have been anything that caused it. I also read it was cardiac arrest.
    Lots of drugs can cause a cardiac arrest so yes, that could be true.

Banned

I guess people think they are attached to, or know, an actor as a result of being a fan.

People dont.

I think it's kinda ghoulish this cult of people who follow the day to day lives of celebrities, and then get on planes to be at the funeral.

Weird.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    I guess people think they are attached to, or know, an actor as a result of being a fan.

People dont.

I think it's kinda ghoulish this cult of people who follow the day to day lives of celebrities, and then get on planes to be at the funeral.

Weird.
    No more different than getting on the plane for Mandela when he died. Inspiration's, inspiration.

Now that I think about it...I think I'd fly to Lauryn Hill's funeral when she dies. Her music's THAT dope

The only people whose funerals I'd fly to are related to me by blood or marriage. No "celebs."
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    drugs are getting more potent
    for sure, never know whats mixed in with the stuff these days as there are lots of hardware store options for fillers.

Banned

they are all druggies, you can only do it so much for so long till it catches up. specially with that type of lifestyle. Meh she was hot now shes not she was a good actress . at least we got megan fox.

i just looooove how everyone is assuming drug abuse...with absolutely NOTHING to go on...u guys are worse than TMZ or whatever its called.

i dont understand why people have to justify that all the famous people have their downfalls, is this how u relate? and in your mind they become mere mortals?
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

i just looooove how everyone is assuming drug abuse...with absolutely NOTHING to go on....
    Maybe. Maybe not. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Very sad indeed though.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bri...-1225812589100

Brittany's death blamed on drugs

Carly Crawford From: Herald Sun December 21, 2009 11:07PM

So young: Brittany Murphy has died at theage of 32. Source: AP

US actress Brittany Murphy dies
    Movie star Brittany Murphy has died of a heart attack in Los Angeles aged 32.
    Views today: 3

HOLLYWOOD starlet Brittany Murphy may have been killed by the same prescription drugs that claimed the life of pop prince Michael Jackson.

Friends of the 32-year-old beauty, who won acclaim for her performances in Clueless and 8 Mile, said she had become hooked on painkillers since having a series of plastic-surgery operations.

The drugs reportedly included Vicodin, which Jackson was known to abuse before he died in June.

The fragile actress was looking forward to spending the New Year Down Under for a voice role in the sequel to Australian director George Miller's animated hit Happy Feet.

She was "more than excited" about plans to fly to Sydney with actor Elijah Wood to revive her role as baby penguin Gloria in a 3D version of the Oscar-winning film.

Murphy died of a heart attack yesterday after her mother found her unconscious in the shower.

A Los Angeles County coroner's official said it appeared she died of natural causes.

But Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said authorities were looking into her medical history and there would be an autopsy.

Friends said they believed her death was brought on by a long struggle with prescription drugs.

"We have been very worried something like this was about to happen," one friend said.

"Brittany has been living life on the edge. She definitely had a drug problem and we have all begged her to seek help. Sadly our words fell on deaf ears."

It was reported that several prescriptions were found in the house and Murphy had been very ill with flu-like symptoms in the hours before her heart attack.

Sources say various prescriptions were found in the home, written for Murphy, her husband - screen writer Simon Monjack - and her mum.

"There were a lot ... a lot of prescriptions in the house," one source said

All medication found in the house will be examined as part of the investigation. Toxicology tests will also be carried out, which could take up to six weeks.

The actress was also plagued by rumours of an eating disorder and cocaine abuse - which she strongly denied. She was reported to have been "unsteady on her feet" at the Hollywood premiere of her new movie, Across The Hall, which opened three weeks ago.

Paramedics were alerted to the drama by a 911 call from her mother, Sharon Murphy.

They arrived about 8am to find the actress suffering a heart attack. They tried to revive her at home and on the way to the hospital.

Neighbours said her husband appeared dazed as paramedics tried to revive her outside their home. He was wearing pyjamas and no shoes.

"He was walking around completely dazed and in shock ... he was just staggering around," neighbour Clare Staples said.

"I saw five firemen bring her down on a gurney and they were trying to resuscitate her. I think she was fairly obviously dead at that time."

Reports indicated Mr Monjack did not want an autopsy, but it would go ahead.

Murphy's death came weeks after she was allegedly fired from her role in new film The Caller after her "difficult behaviour" angered the crew. Her agent said she quit due to "creative differences".

It also comes after her husband was rushed to hospital after landing in LA on a flight from Puerto Rico earlier this month.

He was said to be "incoherent" and suffering breathing problems.

Murphy landed her first Hollywood role at 14 and starred in a host of films including Don't Say a Word and Sin City.

Actress Alicia Silverstone paid tribute to her Clueless co-star, saying: "I always felt connected to her as we shared a very special experience in our lives together.

"I feel love in my heart for her - and hope she is at peace. This is truly sad. I loved working with Brittany. She was so talented, so warm, and so sweet."

Former boyfriend Ashton Kutcher, who is married to Demi Moore, wrote a touching message on his Twitter page: "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. See you on the other side, kid."

- with agencies
    x

People are dying all over the place within my group of friends, it's been at about the same ratio that Hollywood's been losing it's own. Life imitating Art?

Quote Originally Posted by rcaste View Post
    She'll always be Luanne to me.
    Dude, I did not know that until now. She played a great Luanne! RIP
    Finally, EDDERS HAS COME BACK to GTA Motorcycle! \m/\>.</\m/

aka Dirty Ed of the Gas Guzzlers MC
    http://www.ratbike.org/motorcycho/outlawname.php

First thing I said to myself when I heard it on the news was that it's probably another drug abuse victim. Mixing meds, apparently it's an epidemic in Hollywood.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?