Bar Hopping Downtown Toronto - Suggestions?

Thread: Bar Hopping Downtown Toronto - Suggestions?

Bar Hopping Downtown Toronto - Suggestions?

Looking to make some holiday plans.... including a night of bar hopping downtown.

Any suggestions on routes/locations?

I'm thinking to start someplace classy (Panorama), then off to the Loose Moose, and then........... somplace hip/fun with a good, non creepy crowd and perhaps a small dance floor
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

Re: Bar Hopping Downtown Toronto - Suggestions?

try everything on king st if you want less grime. Don't know about dance floors though, um... well the clubs are just street over anyways.

That is kind of a vague question. There are so many options and it really depends what you are after. Music style? Atmosphere? Pick up joint?

fair priced drinks and cool crowd/fun atmosphere
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

the problem is you're asking way too much of an open question. What you're looking for is what everyone is looking for...

if you want a general "area" I would suggest parking at NPS, look at the lights, then walk westward on Queen. It may be a far walk, so you may want to skip NPS and just park in Queen West.

Go to Blackbull and Raq N Wak (I think thats how its spelt). There are 101 bars/ night spots on Queen street. If you end up walking ALOT stop by the Drake Hotel for a beer and make sure to check out the band in the basement

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

brant house is not that bad...good place...

If your looking for a club I had a few good nights at Century Room. It was ridiculously packed every time though. But its a good crowd.....not to young, not to posh posh and not to ghetto.

If you want a real club experience book at booth and bottle service at Muzik. Very professional, mature real deal club. If its a group of you booth/bottle service won't break your bank.

Back in the day, we used to like to hit the Brunswick House and the Horseshoe Tavern. Although we frequented the Brunswick less when they were questioned about recycling beer.

Stay away from the club district. I don't trust clubs that have metal detectors at the front door.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

College St is good as the bars there don't charge cover and it's all walking distance... older crowd too...

Quote Originally Posted by Declan Gunn View Post
    Looking to make some holiday plans.... including a night of bar hopping downtown.

Any suggestions on routes/locations?

I'm thinking to start someplace classy (Panorama), then off to the Loose Moose, and then........... somplace hip/fun with a good, non creepy crowd and perhaps a small dance floor
    I'd stay at the loose moose as long as possible and hopefully finish the night off at the tight beaver
    You can't fix stupid