what's the best track for the buck? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which is the best track for the money?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Calabogie

25 39.06%
  • Cayuga

21 32.81%
  • Mosport

7 10.94%
  • Shannonville

11 17.19%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what's the best track for the buck?

Re: what's the best track for the buck?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    Dude, do BOGIE.
    Whos days do you do there? Pro6 or Turn2 are the only ones I see on Motorcycletrackdays.ca

Whats the format like there? groups/sessions? And cost?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Tremblant is still the best in this country!
    I agree ...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Thanks....In your opinion what track would your recommend someone try next, having only ridden TMP? I cant decide what to try next, but I think Shanny is the last choice right now as I want elevation changes for sure... Everyone makes Mosport sound scary lol
    did mosport for the 1st time last year at riders choice and must say its not that scary....the only real technical turn is #2 but other than that it was easy to learn...

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    did mosport for the 1st time last year at riders choice and must say its not that scary....the only real technical turn is #2 but other than that it was easy to learn...
    You're doing something wrong.
    The ONLY technical corner is #2????
    Are you sure you were at Mosport?

Whos days do you do there? Pro6 or Turn2 are the only ones I see on Motorcycletrackdays.ca

Whats the format like there? groups/sessions? And cost?
    Turn2 is the school, who runs outta Bogie.

Pro6 has exclusive rights to Bogie trackdays.

I'm there July 26-27 and Aug 9, 10, 11.

I may book a few more but this is what's for sure for me.

They run 3, 20 minute sessions. Fast, Faster and Fastest.... because we're all fast! (you'll know what i'm talking about when you go to one of their days)

Price is about $225 a day for Bogie. They have packages as well which save you a few bucks.

Thanks....In your opinion what track would your recommend someone try next, having only ridden TMP? I cant decide what to try next, but I think Shanny is the last choice right now as I want elevation changes for sure... Everyone makes Mosport sound scary lol
    Well, If Mosport doesn't scare you,,, you aren't right!! So don't let that deter you. But that being said. Calabogie has good length, 5.05 KM with 20 corners not counting 9 A-B and 12 A-B and about 9 elevation changes. Considering you will need to deal with lots of elevation changes at slower speeds then Mosport. I would say Calabogie is a great track to do before Mosport. You also have 8 lefts which really make you work the "other" side that most neglect.
    Mosport is a must do , but should be more comfortable for you after doing Calabogie.
    Calabogie /Mosport is a must for marshal recognition. Meaning you will respect them more after a day there. The flat tracks tend to allow us to ignore them. Simply because we can see everything with or with out them. Calabogie/Mosport you will appreciate them more. That is a must have tool for Mosport. Before committing to corner 2 you "will" take a glimpse or check the stand for anything negative. Because they are the only thing you have as to what is going on around or down the hill.
    So Calabogie can help you prepare for Mosport. Gets you use to using more visual aids.

John

Calabogie is amazing, well worth the 5-6 hour drive up there. You will need at least two days, the first just to get comfortable and learn how to handle the elevation changes and blind corners. The second day, your comfort level should increase even more and you'll see improvments on your lap times..

That being said, Calabogie is also a great town with all the small lakes and camp sites up there. I'd take 4 days, 2 for the amazing track, and 2 for the stunning area. If you can get up there with a day to spare before hand, do some camping at bon echo.

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    You're doing something wrong.
    The ONLY technical corner is #2????
    Are you sure you were at Mosport?
    well im slow and seriously it was the only corner that took me more sessions to get better at with the help of real fast guy of course...there are only 10 corners on that track...

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    well im slow and seriously it was the only corner that took me more sessions to get better at with the help of real fast guy of course...there are only 10 corners on that track...
    10 corners, all of which, except for 5a and b, are over 100kmh mid-corner speed..they all have elevation change except for 8,9,10..i do high 1:30's, low 1:40's there and it's frightening to me. I've been there 3 times and I still don't have it all figured out. I figured out Cayuga in about 20 mins.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43 View Post
    I figured out Cayuga in about 20 mins.
    So your Jodi Christie then? Hes the one that has Cayuga "figured out" with a 1:12

What the lap record at Bogie? And do cars ever run that track?

10 corners, all of which, except for 5a and b, are over 100kmh mid-corner speed..they all have elevation change except for 8,9,10..i do high 1:30's, low 1:40's there and it's frightening to me. I've been there 3 times and I still don't have it all figured out. I figured out Cayuga in about 20 mins.
    its my personal opinion i dont find it scary....well,i'm french need i say more

Well I know some guys under 2:10, if I had to guess I'd say 4-5 secs faster than that perhaps? They are on 600s or 750s and not pros so that would just be my best thought...

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Well I know some guys under 2:10, if I had to guess I'd say 4-5 secs faster than that perhaps? They are on 600s or 750s and not pros so that would just be my best thought...
    lap record is around 2:01 I think and guys under 2:10 ???hmmmmm non pros???dont know any other than racers....

So your Jodi Christie then? Hes the one that has Cayuga "figured out" with a 1:12

What the lap record at Bogie? And do cars ever run that track?
    Haha!! Nah..I mean, yeah, I'm not running 1:14's..but you can understand the track and still not be riding at 100% of the bike. Mosport is considerably more complicated than Cayuga..Tremblant too. Shannonville is actually more complicated than Cayuga. I don't mean just number of corners..but increasing radius, decreasing radius, camber changes, elevation etc.

Uhmmm, I can do 5 a-b in my 250 F Pick-up with 80 PSI in the tires easy at 100 Kph,and the tires are barely chirping. That corner is the slowest on the track but faster then you think.
    8 is uphill and the inside half of the track is cambered in the outside half is flat.[outside half is bad,very bad]

Haha!! Nah..I mean, yeah, I'm not running 1:14's..but you can understand the track and still not be riding at 100% of the bike. Mosport is considerably more complicated than Cayuga..Tremblant too. Shannonville is actually more complicated than Cayuga. I don't mean just number of corners..but increasing radius, decreasing radius, camber changes, elevation etc.
    Shannonville's stress and complexity is to know where not to be! Then make sure you don't go there!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Uhmmm, I can do 5 a-b in my 250 F Pick-up with 80 PSI in the tires easy at 100 Kph,and the tires are barely chirping. That corner is the slowest on the track but faster then you think.
    8 is uphill and the inside half of the track is cambered in the outside half is flat.[outside half is bad,very bad]

Haha! Yeah..I really don't know what the speeds are..no speedo..and I'm not looking anyway!! But you prove my point..I think turn 8 is about 180kmh for me..stuff goes wrong in a big hurry at that speed if you make a boo-boo. And exactly..where is the camber? It's tricky..

Haha! Yeah..I really don't know what the speeds are..no speedo..and I'm not looking anyway!! But you prove my point..I think turn 8 is about 180kmh for me..stuff goes wrong in a big hurry at that speed if you make a boo-boo. And exactly..where is the camber? It's tricky..
    The inside half of 8 is cambered,banked in[good],, from the middle out is flat[bad],, the exit of 8 is uphill.With the camber change should you drift from inside to outside the angle of lean essentially changes. Can be bad.
    And I wadded up my 125 GP bike at 230 KPH in corner 8! So I know all about "wrong in a big hurry"

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    you seem to know a lot about that track,i guess you walked it a few times,now,thats SCARY..

Bogie Rocks!!! coming into the kink at 260 is intimidating if you think of the negatives...almost highsided out of temptation......cooked the right side of my supercorsa's off spinning it up in 3rd over the rise of corner 9 looked great though ....great track but Soar is my destination this year. Eventhough it's 5+ hours away for us up north. Probably 5+ North Bay riders coming down to Cayuga this year to run SOAR just because of the price point.

Bang for the buck is qualitative in my books not so much quantitative.
    Maybe bogie or mosport, but Mos has limited # of days and bogie is getting pricey. Shanny isn't in the running for me but cayuga price point is sooo tempting, wish I could say something about Mt Trem. but I've never been there.

If money was no object I'd say bogie I'd guess. Ohh forgot to mention is Mt Trem. in Canada? thought is was in the other country of Quebec