what's the best track for the buck? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which is the best track for the money?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Calabogie

25 39.06%
  • Cayuga

21 32.81%
  • Mosport

7 10.94%
  • Shannonville

11 17.19%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what's the best track for the buck?

Talking Re: what's the best track for the buck?

Not on your list, but for $35 USD and cheap beer at the duty free, I like:

http://www.bataviakarting.com/

Open day, ride till your arm fall off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...t+park+videos#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts51uAAGmII

Worth every penny!

For the price of 1 "Sport bike" track day, I can do 3-9 track days! If you have a little slow side with my bike, I pick it up and keep going.

Re: what's the best track for the buck?

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    Calabogie is incredible fun, but the poll was asking best band for the buck.
    TMP has days on special for $90 + GST when you get a package.

Going to Calabogie costs about $220 + a lot more fuel to get there (about $150 more)

For where I'm located I can do 4 Cayuga days for the cost of a TMP day.

Donald

Yes and no - she asked what WE think was the best bang for our buck. Therefore it's all subjective and no one definate answer can be achieved.

For me it is quality over quantity. For others it's quantity. Location wise Mosport would be the cheapest for me, but I can't get the amount of trackdays there that I would like, so Bogie is filling up my summertime vacation nicely.

PS - TMP is Cayuga right?

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post

PS - TMP is Cayuga right?
    Toronto Motorsports Park = Cayuga

It's not just about the pavement, it's about the whole package.

That said: Mosport !!

It's the only one that really feels like a racetrack! When you ride Shanny or Bogie, you dont get that "international raceway" feel.

My 2 pennies
    DUNLOP GP-A Trackday Special !! 219.99$ a set!

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

I plan on being "On the road" this year and doin all the places mentioned....some more than once.
    Ask me again this time next year.

FYI : Everyone I know that has gone to Calaboogie says it's the S___T!!.

Too bad it's so far from me.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

Tremblant is still the best in this country!

Quote Originally Posted by FearNoSpeed View Post
    I plan on being "On the road" this year and doin all the places mentioned....some more than once.
    Ask me again this time next year.

FYI : Everyone I know that has gone to Calaboogie says it's the S___T!!.

Too bad it's so far from me.
    +1 all I really need to do, is figure out what Im going to to for sleeping over at these places and Im there next year...Even when I went to TMP for 3 day race weekend, I drove home and back Fri, Sat and Sun! I dont even own a tent as of right now.....

Your already set with that shaggin wagon of yours

You buggers are going to tempt me into spending some more $$ for track time at Tremblant ain't ya?

Tremblant is on my hopeful list this year

Personally Calabogie is my favorite and has the best combinations with straights. Fun ,never gets boring.
    Mosport is "thriller" of tracks. Corner two is one of the toughest in roadracing. Sterling Moss stated[F1 Career : 1951 - 1961 with 16 wins] corner two as the hardest on any track he had driven. Blind, down hill, off camber double apex decreasing radius. [The camber has been somewhat neutralized in the last rework]
    So they are both awesome and real road courses with elevation changes. But Mosport is not for the faint of heart.
    This thread asked for Bang for the buck. In my opinion proximity to the track should not be considered. Pavement,corners,track length, facilities all dictate this. I'm 15 minutes from Mosport, but still value Calabogie as the best bang for the buck,,but Mosport is a must do for everyone as well! BTW any track day is better then no track day,, so when proximity comes into play everyone should do what they have to to get on the track,,,any track!

Then buy an air matress and a frikin tent !!!!
    I have everything else under control.(For both of us)
    Bacon n eggs 4 breakkie
    BBQ for dindin

Cmon JP. lets go play next season.
    Last edited by FearNoSpeed; 12-18-2009 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Personally Calabogie is my favorite and has the best combinations with straights. Fun ,never gets boring.
    Mosport is "thriller" of tracks. Corner two is one of the toughest in roadracing. Sterling Moss stated[F1 Career : 1951 - 1961 with 16 wins] corner two as the hardest on any track he had driven. Blind, down hill, off camber double apex decreasing radius. [The camber has been somewhat neutralized in the last rework]
    So they are both awesome and real road courses with elevation changes. But Mosport is not for the faint of heart.
    This thread asked for Bang for the buck. In my opinion proximity to the track should not be considered. Pavement,corners,track length, facilities all dictate this. I'm 15 minutes from Mosport, but still value Calabogie as the best bang for the buck,,but Mosport is a must do for everyone as well! BTW any track day is better then no track day,, so when proximity comes into play everyone should do what they have to to get on the track,,,any track!
    What tracks if any offer on site, or close to it accommodations? I assume all tracks let you camp out on site?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    +1 all I really need to do, is figure out what Im going to to for sleeping over at these places and Im there next year...Even when I went to TMP for 3 day race weekend, I drove home and back Fri, Sat and Sun! I dont even own a tent as of right now.....

Your already set with that shaggin wagon of yours
    Fold down beds in your trailer.

cut sheets of plywood and attach to the walls with hinges, the use PVC pipe caps and lengths of pipe for the outside legs.

the legs are removable and the beds can be folded up out of the way when not in use.

Get a small DVD/TV combo unit, a toaster over, coffee maker and heater and voila, instant toy hauler camper.

any track day is better then no track day,, so when proximity comes into play everyone should do what they have to to get on the track,,,any track!
    Well said, and agreed. The important thing is to actually get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

cut sheets of plywood and attach to the walls with hinges, the use PVC pipe caps and lengths of pipe for the outside legs.

the legs are removable and the beds can be folded up out of the way when not in use.

Get a small DVD/TV combo unit, a toaster over, coffee maker and heater and voila, instant toy hauler camper.

LOL
    Awesome
    +1

We did the same setup in vans for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

Yeah that looked like the way too do it! Jim Dusome was setup with a air mattress in his trailer beside me, and even had a cook pot with pulled pork sandwiches! Then we had DaveP on the other side in a tent, not looking as cheerful in the morning......LOL

What tracks if any offer on site, or close to it accommodations? I assume all tracks let you camp out on site?
    Calabogie has on site rooms. Kind of pricey for one. But I think when you put four people in [queen bed in the bedroom and pull out couch] it gets resonable. You can camp,,,,but there are large animals that come out at night,, other then the partiers!
    Mosport,Shannonville,Cayuga are all good for camping. Tremblant has the poorest facilities. Just 1960's bathrooms,,, unless they have been updated. No showers but a lake you could swim in.

No showers but a lake you could swim in.

Watch out for the Tremblant Wookie

Calabogie has on site rooms. Kind of pricey for one. But I think when you put four people in [queen bed in the bedroom and pull out couch] it gets resonable. You can camp,,,,but there are large animals that come out at night,, other then the partiers!
    Mosport,Shannonville,Cayuga are all good for camping. Tremblant has the poorest facilities. Just 1960's bathrooms,,, unless they have been updated. No showers but a lake you could swim in.
    Thanks....In your opinion what track would your recommend someone try next, having only ridden TMP? I cant decide what to try next, but I think Shanny is the last choice right now as I want elevation changes for sure... Everyone makes Mosport sound scary lol

Thanks....In your opinion what track would your recommend someone try next, having only ridden TMP? I cant decide what to try next, but I think Shanny is the last choice right now as I want elevation changes for sure... Everyone makes Mosport sound scary lol
    Dude, do BOGIE.

JP - I tented at Bogie last year before I bough a trailer - bit cold in May (1 degree - brr) and one rainstorm in early August, other than that it was not bad at all. Well the bicycle wipe out in the middle of the night on the way to the bathrooms wasn't that graceful but I'm sure I amused the heck outta anyone that was watching!

Bass Pro has awesome "king sized cots" - like a super single and gets you up off the ground. Recip's idea is good too, but the cot is portable for other uses if need be.

For the record I have no idea what animals Bickle is talking about and Calabogie Lake is a great place to cool off at lunch.