Man beat to death at RIDE stop. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Man beat to death at RIDE stop.

Re: Man beat to death at RIDE stop.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Ontario law permits a cop to demand saliva and blood samples from a driver suspected of driving impaired due to consumption of marijuana, no court order or warrant required.
    Does the test determine when the drug was consumed? Or does it just show thats it's in my system? If the test is unable to determine when it was consumed, would'nt it be irrelevant in determining if I was impaired at the time of being stopped?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy929 View Post
    Does the test determine when the drug was consumed? Or does it just show thats it's in my system? If the test is unable to determine when it was consumed, would'nt it be irrelevant in determining if I was impaired at the time of being stopped?
    I should have said that it is now Canadian law under the Criminal Code of Canada. I guess that also makes it the law in Ontario.

A cop can demand that a suspected driver submit to a breath test. That's old news and we all know that a simple breath test cannot detect the presence of drugs in the body.

That where a new part of the law comes in. A cop can demand that you perform physical coordination tests if he thinks that you are impaired. These get you out of the car and on your feet where the cop can have a real close look at you. They also take a bit of time to perform, so now the cop has more time to view your reactions, your eyes, coordination, etc.

Visual observations of a suspected drug driver, plus the results of the coordination tests, plus the observed driving behavior, plus the results of blood and saliva drug testing can together provide sufficient evidence to support an impaired driving due to drugs charge.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicat...C-32_2&File=27

I should have said that it is now Canadian law under the Criminal Code of Canada. I guess that also makes it the law in Ontario.

A cop can demand that a suspected driver submit to a breath test. That's old news and we all know that a simple breath test cannot detect the presence of drugs in the body.

That where a new part of the law comes in. A cop can demand that you perform physical coordination tests if he thinks that you are impaired. These get you out of the car and on your feet where the cop can have a real close look at you. They also take a bit of time to perform, so now the cop has more time to view your reactions, your eyes, coordination, etc.

Visual observations of a suspected drug driver, plus the results of the coordination tests, plus the observed driving behavior, plus the results of blood and saliva drug testing can together provide sufficient evidence to support an impaired driving due to drugs charge.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublicat...C-32_2&File=27

So basically unless I'm a complete rookie who can't handle my weed and acts like a total retard in front of the cop, I shouldn't be concerned.

Even with all those test put together it sounds like all speculation. No test can concretely conclude that I'm under the influence of marijuana at the time.

There is marijuana in my system: yeah I smoked yesterday
    Your eyes are red: I just woke up. Allergies. I was crying.....
    You smell like weed: Yeah was just at a friends house and they where smoking.
    Coordination test: Like I said before you'd have to be pretty stoned to fail this. Most people I know are more coordinated when there high.

I think a good lawyer would eat up a case like this.

Just saying

Banned

I think a good lawyer would eat up a case like this.

Just saying
    Maybe. That's why the examinations are conducted by cops specially trained and certified in recognizing the signs of drug use.

You have to convince a judge that there is reasonable doubt despite all those pieces of evidence and expert testimony lined up against you. It's far from being an easy slam dunk to get off.

Lots of people have found themselves in prison after being convicted on an array of circumstantial evidence.

The revised law has only been on the books since mid-2008. The first conviction came in several months ago.
    Last edited by turbodish; 12-18-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Beat to death at a RIDE stop? Is that not good?

Maybe. That's why the examinations are conducted by cops specially trained and certified in recognizing the signs of drug use.

You have to convince a judge that there is reasonable doubt despite all those pieces of evidence and expert testimony lined up against you. It's far from being an easy slam dunk to get off.

Lots of people have found themselves in prison after being convicted on an array of circumstantial evidence.

The revised law has only been on the books since mid-2008. The first conviction came in several months ago.
    Fair enough, but I'm sure the law is aimed at more the illicit drugs, coke, meth, ecstasy etc... which would make that person more of a threat on the road than a pot head. I'm sure that tests the officer would administer on these type of users would provide much more compelling and conclusive evidence to get a conviction in court. As compared to the evidence gather on your average pot head.

Banned

Fair enough, but I'm sure the law is aimed at more the illicit drugs, coke, meth, ecstasy etc... which would make that person more of a threat on the road than a pot head. I'm sure that tests the officer would administer on these type of users would provide much more compelling and conclusive evidence to get a conviction in court. As compared to the evidence gather on your average pot head.

I'd have to look it up to be certain but as I recall, the very first conviction was for a pot head. There was also alcohol involved, but the alcohol BAC level was below the .08 level required for criminal charges on the basis of blood alcohol. The pot was what did him in come court time.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutler View Post

Plenty of people deserve to die. You're either a troll or you really are 16, and clueless.
    The man is right plenty of cops deserve to die for murdering others with a badge on claiming to be upholding the law while breaking it and destroying families so in that case i would say yea most definitely . I don't believe or trust anything the cops say about the victim because they lie to cover themselves and even if it were true what they say the last time i checked the punishment for smoking weed in you truck and assaulting someone is not death...

Please no one call those cops pigs it's an insult to pigs...
    Last edited by moto22; 12-19-2009 at 10:38 AM.

[Now young kids have no father and for what..
    Last edited by moto22; 12-19-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: double post

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    Yetti will do it. no problem

why should the taxpayers of the country allow Scum like them to live.

they commit these crimes against law-abiding people, and spend the rest of their lives watching tv, getting 3 meals a day, free education, and numerous other things.

and we the people Pay for it.

Whats to stop a person that is homeless, or jobless to just run around town killing people and stealing their money.. robbing banks.. etc..

get away with it, you can pay for food, clothes, drugs,

get caught, and the victim still pays for your food clothes and drugs..
    Hey, can I help you do it?

Don't forget Clifford Olson, Clinton Gayle, and those two ******* who killed Tory Stafford

Oh please everything you listed is a stimulant drug. Weed being a depressant and psychedelic is just as worse if not worse.

My dog told me when has too much to drink and wants to drive a line of blow helps him quite a lot to sober up. The same can't be said about weed.
    Last edited by daught; 12-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    Oh please everything you listed is a stimulant drug. Weed being a depressant and psychedelic is just as worse if not worse.

My dog told me when has too much to drink and wants to drive a line of blow helps him quite a lot to sober up. The same can't be said about weed.
    Sounds like your "dog" lives a stellar life. You should give this piece of advice to your kids when warning them on the dangers of drinking and driving.

Me and Tubodish we're not discussing what drugs you should take to sober you up when you've been drinking so you can drive better. We're talking about effects of a drug by it self and how detectable they are by the popo.

And I must be smokin the bunk cause apparently there's some psychedelic chronic out there that I been missin out on! Hook a brother up damnnn

Sounds like your "dog" lives a stellar life. You should give this piece of advice to your kids when warning them on the dangers of drinking and driving.

Me and Tubodish we're not discussing what drugs you should take to sober you up when you've been drinking so you can drive better. We're talking about effects of a drug by it self and how detectable they are by the popo.

And I must be smokin the bunk cause apparently there's some psychedelic chronic out there that I been missin out on! Hook a brother up damnnn
    Psychedelic, among other things, refers to distorted sensory perception which applies very well to marijuana. Clearly you have been smoking sea weed and missing out on quite a lot. Regarding the stimulants you mentioned, all but ecstasy to some degree, have no negative effect on sensory perception. This makes it much harder for the POPO to detect them. Marijuana is a depressant, just like alcohol, so cops are much better at detecting it.