Bully gets OWNED - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bully gets OWNED

Re: Bully gets OWNED

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    ever watch any type of MMA ?

these guys are 2nd, 3rd 4th degree blackbelts, world champion judo this and so on..

these guys are well trained.

and wrestlers take em down easily.. or a streetbrawler with little to no martial arts knocks em out cold.
    that proves what?

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Those "pretty perfect scenerios" are for demonstation purposes only. A well trained self defender is gonna incapacitate the average joe (armed or not) everytime, 19 out of 20 times.
    I'm not so convinced. I'm sure the self-defender may be able to defend the attack/aggressor enough to get away from the situation but in terms of doing all those fancy maneuvers and the guy ending up on his *** crying for his mommy.... I dunno. Yetti mentioned MMA but those are trained fighters and two completely different situations. I've just seen a few street fights in my time and many of those martial arts maneuvers seem impractical.
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    I'm not so convinced. I'm sure the self-defender may be able to defend the attack/aggressor enough to get away from the situation but in terms of doing all those fancy maneuvers and the guy ending up on his *** crying for his mommy.... I dunno. Yetti mentioned MMA but those are trained fighters and two completely different situations. I've just seen a few street fights in my time and many of those martial arts maneuvers seem impractical.
    If I had to choose between "well trained" defender ("well trained" being the operative phrase) and "average" joe I'd put my money on the defender every time. Sure, it may not look like in the movies but it'll certainly get the job done. Be carefull who you think you're going to punch out, nobody likes surprises

A well trained defender will be used to physical contact and people attacking him on a daily basis. They're also in better physical shape than most people. Therefore, I'd put my money on the trained guy.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Bottom line is no matter how tuff you think you are and how much training you think you have, someone will eventualy kick your *** Cant win em all.

ever watch any type of MMA ?

these guys are 2nd, 3rd 4th degree blackbelts, world champion judo this and so on..

these guys are well trained.

and wrestlers take em down easily.. or a streetbrawler with little to no martial arts knocks em out cold.
    That's a rather one sided view. What about guys like Lyoto Machida, he gets the job done with just a martial arts background. Growing up in martial arts, I was always told that anyone can beat anyone on any given day and don't count on always winning. A lucky punch or someone being defeated mentally will always play a part. I agree with you that there are a lot of street brawlers that would do significant damage to a pro mma fighter, but it also goes the other way.

Banned

^^ a Point yetti was trying to make, was that a Trained fighter can easily defend himself against a trained fighter.

theres a certain process in attacking, and defending. like chess.

however, when the one attacking has no plan, its hard to defend.

casue you dont know what the guy is going to do.

^^ a Point yetti was trying to make, was that a Trained fighter can easily defend himself against a trained fighter.

like this post. i didn't see that coming no mas

trained fighters are taught not to telegraph their movements...

a street brawler, he telegraphs his moves from last week...just watch all those street fights....flailing like mad, swinging madly...

i was never the one to start a fight, but i've finished a few in my younger days. Say what u want, but in martial arts we were always taught to "persuade" the target....a swift kick/knee to the groin does magic for someones motor skills. my favourite move is kicking your knees until the pain makes u think about nothing but getting away from the pain.

most fights just end up with the two guys grabbing each other and going down on the ground. did i mention i'm short stocky guy whos built for Judo type fighting?

and enough of this MMA, thats what EVERYONE says now-a-days...like a broken record, that and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu....cuz we all know there are no other types of martial arts
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    If I had to choose between "well trained" defender ("well trained" being the operative phrase) and "average" joe I'd put my money on the defender every time. Sure, it may not look like in the movies but it'll certainly get the job done. Be carefull who you think you're going to punch out, nobody likes surprises
    I agree 100%. I'd put my money on the defender as well. But I wouldn't trust those fancy defense moves, flips and throws when quick effective defensive strikes are more practical and safer.

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post

and enough of this MMA, thats what EVERYONE says now-a-days...like a broken record, that and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu....cuz we all know there are no other types of martial arts

Beyond Judo, BJJ and Kickboxing there aren't too many practical Martial Arts.

OFAH member

How about boxing, the Spetznaz techniques whose name I've forgotten, Aikido, jui jitsu, Savate etc.

What constitutes "practical"? If someone is looking for a magic martial art that some limited training in will enable you to defea any opponent, then no, there is no "practical" martial art. However, any trained, fit fighter, regardless of techniques learned, will stand a better chance than an untrained dude. Depending on the number of opponents and the effectiveness of the dude's technique and training, a trained fighter can do some pretty impressive things.

My father used to come home from the seedy bar where he was a bouncer having taken out 2-3 younger opponents on a regular basis. His primary advantages were that he was strong as an ox and could hit like a freight train and that he was always expecting and ready for a fight and he was a trained boxer with a lot of experience. I remember one time a judo instructor wanted to use him for a demonstration and told my dad to try and hit him with the intent that he would trap his arm and execute a hip throw. My dad asked if he wanted my dad to hit him or "try" to hit him. The judo instructor said "hit me if you can, big fellow" so my dad feinted with a left jab and when the instructor tried to trap that, he knocked him flat with a right cross. It still makes me laugh thinking of that.

russian sambo

lol you are terribly wrong my friend. When the one attacking has no plan its going to be hard for him to defend himself. This is the key. Anyone who knows anything about actually fighting will exploit this weakness. Street fighters swing wildly and recklessly trying to get his blows in. While doing this he's leaving himself WIDE open. Perfect example is the video I posted on the first page. Kid comes swinging wildly while the other kid stayed calm, avoided them(defense) and then decked him when he had a clear shot.
    The kid who got decked had no plan but to swing like a girl and the other kid defended brilliantly. Wouldn't you say?

And 9/10 you know what these "tough" guys are going to do. Bull rush you, deck you right away, or swing wildly. All of these are tactics are garbage and would never work on someone who's trained to fight.

Example: I was at the bar a few weeks ago on the smokin patio. I brushed up against some douch juice head by accident. He decides to get to run his mouth telling me how he'd kill me blah blah blah c'mom lets do this (I'm 5'8 180 he's 6' about 240).... I'm like calm down bro it was an accident. Where about 6 feet away from each other now and he's still runnin his mouth. I don't give in to his ******** so he decides to flick his gum at me. So I flick my cigarette in his face. He immediately rush's me arms out to his sides with his head totally exposed. So I gave him a high left kick to the side of the head cro crop style followed by a straight right to the chin. He was out before he hit the ground.
    I'm not trying to brag and I really really hate fighting outside of training, this was only my 2nd fight in 10 years. I'm just showing that training will give you the upper hand.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    russian sambo
    +1

one word FEDOR

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    How about boxing, the Spetznaz techniques whose name I've forgotten, Aikido, jui jitsu, Savate etc.

What constitutes "practical"? If someone is looking for a magic martial art that some limited training in will enable you to defea any opponent, then no, there is no "practical" martial art. However, any trained, fit fighter, regardless of techniques learned, will stand a better chance than an untrained dude. Depending on the number of opponents and the effectiveness of the dude's technique and training, a trained fighter can do some pretty impressive things.

My father used to come home from the seedy bar where he was a bouncer having taken out 2-3 younger opponents on a regular basis. His primary advantages were that he was strong as an ox and could hit like a freight train and that he was always expecting and ready for a fight and he was a trained boxer with a lot of experience. I remember one time a judo instructor wanted to use him for a demonstration and told my dad to try and hit him with the intent that he would trap his arm and execute a hip throw. My dad asked if he wanted my dad to hit him or "try" to hit him. The judo instructor said "hit me if you can, big fellow" so my dad feinted with a left jab and when the instructor tried to trap that, he knocked him flat with a right cross. It still makes me laugh thinking of that.
    I actually have a boxing background myself and I agree with you with regards to boxing. I should have said kickboxing/boxing, I know there are differences between the two I was more inferring about the striking taught in both disciplines, it's direct and to the point. There are direct martial arts that teach proper fighting/combat skills and there are martial arts that in my opinion are not effective and more about money making and 'magic'. I'm not going to start naming them off as the thread will end up about 20 pages long. But there's a reason why every Mixed Martial Artist fights has either (or combination) a Judo (or derivative), BJJ (with some roots from BJJ), direct striking (boxing/kickboxing) and/or wrestling background. Machida may have additional martial arts backgrounds but he is the exception and seem to be an all round naturally gifted fighter who's able to mix styles with the best of them.

On a side note: No matter the style, all things being equal my money is always on a trained striker vs. clencher/ground. To take someone down, you have to get through their fists. I think your father's story illustrates that.

OFAH member

a naturally gifted fighter who's able to mix styles with the best of them.
    And Pay off judges better than most!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    And Pay off judges better than most!
    lol you said it

OFAH member

Even striking martial arts include a grappling component including avoiding getting taken down. Just because you didn't pick it up in your 2 week black belt course at flashbangmaster flex's ding-dong-funk-jo doesn't mean that proper schools don't teach it to their more committed practicioners. If you execute your striking techniques properly, you'll be very hard to grab/take down.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]