DY's SV650 Project Discussion

Thread: DY's SV650 Project Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post

some of big things i plan to do:
    - complete tear down, clean, and inspect every part.
    - powdercoat the frame, swingarm, bits and pieces.
    - GSXR front end.
    - GSXR 5.5" rear wheel conversion.
    - braced swingarm.
    - Koso digital gauges
    - rizoma signals (still need funding for this one)
    good luck with the project. The ironic thing is that the last time I saw that bike, it had a gsxr front end and a gsxr rear wheel conversion already done.

Re: [DY's] SV650 Winter Project

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    good luck with the project. The ironic thing is that the last time I saw that bike, it had a gsxr front end and a gsxr rear wheel conversion already done.
    Thanks Joe. LOL. I acted too slow on this bike. The goodies were already gone by the time I talked to him.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

It almost had a zx6r front wheel installed in the rear
    last round at Cayuga
    Lloyd was looking for a good parking spot lol
    www.89racing.com
    MotoDen/MW-Toronto, Accelerated Technologies, Clarington Cycle, Peterborough PowerSports, Galfer, Hindle

nice. Did you get the proper steering stem bearing when you got the bike to bolt the front end on? Don't forget to take into consideration that your steering stops will not work with that setup.

nice. Did you get the proper steering stem bearing when you got the bike to bolt the front end on? Don't forget to take into consideration that your steering stops will not work with that setup.
    Lloyd said he wanted to hang onto his set, so I ordered them from TWF. hmm..I've heard about the steering stop issue. I will probably fab something up with the old frame sliders.

I found this on TWF as well. http://www.twfracing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=854
    Last edited by DY; 12-16-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]

The steering stops on the gsxr triple needed no mods?

Hey all, please post questions/comments/concerns in here to keep the build thread organized.

Thanks.

Build Thread:
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=104067

Quote Originally Posted by Zed-X-Rex View Post
    The steering stops on the gsxr triple needed no mods?
    No they don't have to be modded.
    Last edited by DY; 12-16-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Re: DY's SV650 Project Discussion

why have 2 threads about the same build? Seems more confusing then having questions/comments posted on your build thread.

I just don't want my updates to be separated by a bunch of other posts. like having each of them separated 2 pgs apart. and i figured this is a better way to do it because i'm getting a bunch of questions. might as well share the info with everyone.

sometimes the other posts are valuable and relevant to the build that might be found useful by others that are undertaking similar projects.

I'm following your build and have refrained from making positive or encouraging comments, because you posted (in your original post) that you did not want them, but if I have a recommendation for you or have some insight (like the steering stops), I won't be looking for another thread to post them on. You could in fact be limiting the flow of information for yourself and future readers by the approach you have taken.

sometimes the other posts are valuable and relevant to the build that might be found useful by others that are undertaking similar projects.

I'm following your build and have refrained from making positive or encouraging comments, because you posted (in your original post) that you did not want them, but if I have a recommendation for you or have some insight (like the steering stops), I won't be looking for another thread to post them on. You could in fact be limiting the flow of information for yourself and future readers by the approach you have taken.
    Thanks for the feedback. appreciate it. I definitely see what you are saying.

hmm..I just wanna figure out a way so it is easy for someone to follow the build. so they won't have to scroll through all the reply and stuff if they want to read to the updates.

ill figure something out. maybe a link to the next update at the bottom of the previous update...or something.

Can you just append a date and new info/pics in post #1, so all the info ends up in the very first post? Or is there a character limit for a post?

Quote Originally Posted by beverage View Post
    Can you just append a date and new info/pics in post #1, so all the info ends up in the very first post? Or is there a character limit for a post?
    I believe there is a character limit. I've had the software crash on me when changing stuff in the big posts.

anyways. I figured out a way to do it. I'm just gonna have a link to the next update on the previous update. so if anyone wants to skip the discussion, they can just click on that link.

build thread is open for discussion thanks for the feedback everyone.