$1000 Driver License Retainer Fee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $1000 Driver License Retainer Fee

$1000 Driver License Retainer Fee

I am going to send my MPP and MP a suggestion of having drivers provide a $1000 retainer fee. This will ensure the Province has a constant stream of cash flow. It will also ensure that payments are made in advance. After 5 years of a clean driving record then you will get back $500.

Do you think we can get them to go along with this idea?
    Don't take life too seriously ... nobody gets out alive anyway

Re: $1000 Driver License Retainer Fee

Quote Originally Posted by A-Dogg View Post
    I am going to send my MPP and MP a suggestion of having drivers provide a $1000 retainer fee. This will ensure the Province has a constant stream of cash flow. It will also ensure that payments are made in advance. After 5 years of a clean driving record then you will get back $500.

WTF... worst idea ever.

Take my freedom now, while theres just a little bit left.

LMAO....and an oz of whatever you're smoking costs how much?

Drivers celebrate b-days 365 days a year. Once a yr, each driver must gag up money for plate stickers = constant cash flow stream, 365 minus weekends and holidays (but that's made up for)
    Every few yrs, (probably five, I quit counting) they choke us a bit more with Driver's Licence fees. More streaming cash flowing out of our wallets.
    Fines being handed out left, right and centre = cash steady flow.
    Fines for fines, constantly increasing fines, and more fines on the books rapidly = healthy cash flow.
    A new car buyer pays tax. That should be plenty.
    But NOOOOOOOOO......If that car get sold 10 times, the buggers tax that car 10X.

Maybe just write them and ask if you can set up your pay cheque for direct deposit right into their wallet?
    Personally, with sales tax, income tax, etc, they have more of my $$ than I do.
    Enough is ENOUGH.

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    lmao....and an oz of whatever you're smoking costs how much?

Drivers celebrate b-days 365 days a year. Once a yr, each driver must gag up money for plate stickers = constant cash flow stream, 365 minus weekends and holidays (but that's made up for)
    every few yrs, (probably five, i quit counting) they choke us a bit more with driver's licence fees. More streaming cash flowing out of our wallets.
    Fines being handed out left, right and centre = cash steady flow.
    Fines for fines, constantly increasing fines, and more fines on the books rapidly = healthy cash flow.
    A new car buyer pays tax. That should be plenty.
    But nooooooooo......if that car get sold 10 times, the buggers tax that car 10x.

Maybe just write them and ask if you can set up your pay cheque for direct deposit right into their wallet?
    Personally, with sales tax, income tax, etc, they have more of my $$ than i do.
    Enough is enough.
    +100.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Why stop there? Why not have them implant GPS trackers up our rectums and fine us every time we go over the limit? Even if we're not operating the vehicle! Imagine how much money they'll get from airplane passengers!!! Then they can install cameras in our houses and automatically fine us for any infractions we're committing behind closed doors! Wow, I love you, wanna be my 2nd wife?
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Well if we can get some of these safety MP's and MPP's to put forward these stupid bills then maybe we can shame the rest of them when the Public laughs at them. Right now they do things that sounds good but people do not realize how bad it is until it's too late.

Let me know when your doing stand up at the comedy club, I want to go!!!

Forgot about those people who are 16 and don;t have $1000, or the new immigrants who have to work night and day just to be able to afford $300/month for insurance.

Well if we can get some of these safety MP's and MPP's to put forward these stupid bills then maybe we can shame the rest of them when the Public laughs at them. Right now they do things that sounds good but people do not realize how bad it is until it's too late.
    What we need is a good old fashioned rebellion. But they took away all our guns...

The public won't be laughing when they have to pay $1000 to keep their licences.. lol

To be clear---I'm pointing out that the politicians could actually implement it regardless of how ridiculous it may seem.
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdubb View Post
    What we need is a good old fashioned rebellion. But they took away all our guns...
    And are working on the privacy as we speak
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    And are working on the privacy as we speak
    We should just have one big account for the whole province, to which everybody's salary is deposited. Then everyone would just take from it whatever they need and everybody will live happily ever after. Isn't that a novel idea? Hey..! I just found a solution to all social problems!
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

A very nice solution as long as you don't take human nature into account Translation - The same people that currently "deserve" more than what 1000 average Canadians are making are gonna end up "needing" the same amount of money. In any human society, the crap always ends up floating on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    LMAO....and an oz of whatever you're smoking costs how much?
    Dude! Don't bogart it man, pass it around.

Banned

LMAO! baller idea

but we already pay insurance same **** diff pile. not like we get any back even if we crash lol

WTF? This is maybe the idea I have ever heard!!!! Anybody care to help me make p igs fly? I know my idea is a bit out there but it wont cost us a grand!!

Great idea. Give them more money to piss away! Bad enough we're raped 7 ways from Sunday you want to just hand more over to them.

It ought to go the other way. We should get free licences if we are good responsible drivers with no tickets.

I'm sick and tired and taxed near to death. Enough already.

I can't even laugh at this.

Spyug
    "Slowest beasts are always strongest and manage to live the longest"
    "If it's no Scottish.......it's crap!"
    "Ama lyin?"

1983 GS750E Black Booty
    1982 GS750 SZ Katana Wee Beastie II
    1983 GS550E Basket Case from Hell

Sounds like a great idea. Within 6 months they'll have spent all of that money for things that it was never intended for, by shifting it to "general coffers." Then they'll get voted out of office in favour of whoever the current opposition is who will turn around and do the same things the previous government did, while still leaving us out $1000.00 each.

Of course we'll then forget about what party #1 did and vote them back in again.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Heh ... let's go one better. The $1000 is like a balance. Any traffic fines get deducted from the balance and if it goes to 0, your licence is suspended until you send the government another $1000. Of course, the government will jack up all fines so that the minimum fine is say $500, so after 2 minor tickets, your licence is suspended until you pony up some more cash. And well any more serious tickets ... hell the balance is blown after one ticket and it's time to pony up.

Why let McGuinty and the likes of MADD corner the market on this kind of s***. I think I better check the Kool-Aid I've been drinking.

TGIF - That McGuinty Is ******

Quote Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
    Heh ... let's go one better. The $1000 is like a balance. Any traffic fines get deducted from the balance and if it goes to 0, your licence is suspended until you send the government another $1000. Of course, the government will jack up all fines so that the minimum fine is say $500, so after 2 minor tickets, your licence is suspended until you pony up some more cash. And well any more serious tickets ... hell the balance is blown after one ticket and it's time to pony up.

Why let McGuinty and the likes of MADD corner the market on this kind of s***. I think I better check the Kool-Aid I've been drinking.

TGIF - That McGuinty Is ******
    Glad to see some of you getting it.