‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

Re: ‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    Just wanted to clarify something on this post. The 105.00 for the first class in SOAR includes Saturday practice + qualifying race, as well as Sunday practice + race. It does not include the Friday practice. Friday practice is an additional 105.00 (cheaper than a regular track day and tons of track time).

See you at the track!
    For regular track day riders (not racers), how is the Friday only organized?
    Fast, med, slow groups?
    15-20 mins/session?
    How many sessions/day?
    Start & end times?
    Need to be a SOAR licence holder?

/r
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

last year 10 days was $1400
    this year 10 days is $1900

bummer

Quote Originally Posted by akan View Post
    pick 5 calabogie or Mos. is 950.00
    I paid around 1400 last year for a 10 day package. Not too pleased about the prices.
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

For those complaining about prices, why not run these days yourself?

If the prices are so horrible, put Pro6 out of business by negotiating a deal with one of these tracks and offer the days cheaper and fund it with your own money.

The companies/shops/people offering these days should be allowed to make money at this, that's the whole idea behind running trackdays.

Last time I checked, trackdays were not a non-profit deal.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    For those complaining about prices, why not run these days yourself?

If the prices are so horrible, put Pro6 out of business by negotiating a deal with one of these tracks and offer the days cheaper and fund it with your own money.

The companies/shops/people offering these days should be allowed to make money at this, that's the whole idea behind running trackdays.

Last time I checked, trackdays were not a non-profit deal.
    you are right!!! and we all know its a costly hobby and 35.00 more per day wont stop dedicated track day riders from doing it...going ut 1 night with the wife,restaurant and movies is probably 250.00..just cut that back..

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    you are right!!! and we all know its a costly hobby and 35.00 more per day wont stop dedicated track day riders from doing it...going ut 1 night with the wife,restaurant and movies is probably 250.00..just cut that back..
    Wanna swap wives?

I go racing because its cheaper!

Talking Re: ‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

i'm already swapping with others......all i have to say its the best 20,000 per year that i spend..would not trade that for anything else except for maybe racing this year...

You can't put anymore the 35 riders on the track at one time at Calabogie for sound reasons.
    Considering the track is the best prepared,[blown every day] Is pristine asphalt, has 8 lefts and 12 rights,with straights and is 5.05 kilometers long.
    Compared to Fabi 2.23 Km
    Long 4.03
    Pro 2.47
    Nelson 1.8
    Mosport 3.9
    Cayuga 3KM
    None of these tracks have the same ratio of lefts and rights, I think the value is pretty good. Considering one lap is much longer in many cases.
    With Calabogie being as appreciated by all the car clubs they aren't getting any more dates available. So they can charge accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    You can't put anymore the 35 riders on the track at one time at Calabogie for sound reasons.
    Considering the track is the best prepared,[blown every day] Is pristine asphalt, has 8 lefts and 12 rights,with straights and is 5.05 kilometers long.
    Compared to Fabi 2.23 Km
    Long 4.03
    Pro 2.47
    Nelson 1.8
    Mosport 3.9
    Cayuga 3KM
    None of these tracks have the same ratio of lefts and rights, I think the value is pretty good. Considering one lap is much longer in many cases.
    With Calabogie being as appreciated by all the car clubs they aren't getting any more dates available. So they can charge accordingly.
    its people with tight budgets who will maybe change their minds about where they ride.they'll choose the cheaper track days..of course bogie is worth every penny !!!

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    its people with tight budgets who will maybe change their minds about where they ride.they'll choose the cheaper track days..of course bogie is worth every penny !!!
    I for one will be sticking to TMP and SOAR they are certainly within my reach. Needless to say, I'm not sure my riding skills are at the point where I would fully enjoy the larger tracks anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let all of you who don't already know, the reason for the Calabogie and Mosport price increase for 2010. Last season, many of you were informed but I'll gladly put it in print.

In Nov/Dec of 2008 when we worked out our price structure for the 2009 season it was most certainly structured around, among other elements, the rider/group limit at Calabogie, which at that time, was 50 riders/group.

We sold many dates to our clients from the December bike show until mid March '09 when we were informed of a new bylaw being enforced on CMP by the town which decreased the rider/group limit to 35 for sound reason.

Despite this and how it affected our bottom line, we elected to keep our prices the same for the remainder of the 2009 season (even still offering discounts to keep it fair) and continued to run some events at a loss.

Both Mosport and Calabogie have also increased the track rental fee this season.

For Mosport this season we will also be running 40/group after we felt that the track was too crowded with 50.

We try very hard to please our clients and informed many by word of mouth last year that there was going to be a price increase due to these reasons.

Calabogie has also been increasing their infrastructure and we will have a Pro6 Dunlop tire store/home base (eliminating the trailer) for next season, situated at the east end of the upper paddock.

We (Pro6) have also been consistently improving our events, safety, coaching, lunch and trackside service (Accelerated Technologies and Bickle racing as well as our Dunlop tire service).

We also have $99.00 Shannonville events next season with lunch included.

We apologize that we cannot meet everyone’s needs and wishes but, as for many of you, our cost of living has been steadily increasing as well.

Thank you for your support.

Sheena Noce

trackdays AT pro6cycle DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by MaSheena View Post
    We also have $99.00 Shannonville events next season with lunch included.

trackdays AT pro6cycle DOT com
    Wow, now that's got help the tighter budgets.

i will still do calabogie days for sure...love that track just hoping Sheena will let me in at the last second just like last year

Wow 99 shanny days I'm down with that. What are the dates for those?

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    last year 10 days was $1400
    this year 10 days is $1900

bummer
    Not so sure about that. Their website says $1535 when you go on the "sign up - online" link, which is not a big difference from $1400.

I'm not real interested in doing Shannonville, which changed the price structure.

Thanks to Shenna for explaining things, greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pcost024 View Post
    Not so sure about that. Their website says $1535 when you go on the "sign up - online" link, which is not a big difference from $1400.