‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

I got an e-mail from pro6

Anyone have any idea what these preferred rates for trackday packages are going to cost? I'm not all that interested in attending the show this weekend, dont need any gear, parts or bike(s)...this would be the only reason why i'd might go....would be kind of a waste if the discount was negligible.

Here's the email:

Hello Pro 6 riders,

As you already know, we released our 2010 track schedule a few weeks
    ago. 2010 will be the biggest season yet for Pro 6 trackdays with 43
    events at Calabogie, Mosport and Shannonville.

Keeping with tradition, we will begin registration at the Toronto
    Motorcycle Show this weekend at the Metro Toronto Convention Center
    December 11th at 10am. We will be offering ‘preferred’ rates for
    trackday packages, 15th anniversary commemorative shirts, hats, and
    jackets and free Dunlop’s with package purchases, all of which will
    only be available for those who visit us at the show.

We encourage you to book at the show, not only to take advantage of
    these exclusive offers, but to ensure availability as we anticipate
    events to fill up even quicker than last year!

Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing
    you this weekend.

Sincerely,

Sandy, Joe, Sheena, Brad and Ivan.
    For sale, 2007 Aprilia SXV 450 Supermoto
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...prilia-sxv-450

Re: ‘preferred rates’ for trackday packages from pro6

I got the same email, most every year at the show they have certain packages at a discount. Ie: All-in bogie or mosport or choose 5 etc etc. Just a guess but I imagine it's something like that again. Sometimes they run that deal til' mid january, not sure, check with them if you'd like to book but cant make the show.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    I got the same email, most every year at the show they have certain packages at a discount. Ie: All-in bogie or mosport or choose 5 etc etc. Just a guess but I imagine it's something like that again. Sometimes they run that deal til' mid january, not sure, check with them if you'd like to book but cant make the show.
    Thanks...

If anyone has any info on their packages, or if its even worth going for purchasing one (rather than online), please do post...i've already e-mailed them no reply

As "You Know" mentioned they have similar packages to other years. All Shannonville dates was $699 if I remember correctly, as an example. If you are just buying a few dates they cut you a break if you sign up for at least 5. As usual Calabogie and Mosport were the most expensive and prices are up about $30-$35 per day from what I can remember from last year. Mid week days at bogie/mosport were $225/day and Fri-Sun days were $250/day. If buying 5 they basically knock $25 off each day. Or you can take that discount and multiply it by 1.5 and then apply that money to a set of Dunlop GPA's.

I will use what I bought as an example. I purchased 4 bogie days(2 Fri-Sat sets) at $250/day so $1000 and 1 mid week Mosport day at $225/day so now we're up to $1225. At this point I had the option to knock $25x$5 off this price bringing the total to $1100 and option 2 I could take that $125X1.5 which is $187.50 and then apply that to the cost of a set of Dunlop GPA's which are currently selling for $300/set taxes in. $300-$187.50=$112.50. I took the tire deal as I will need the tires for sure and love me some dunlops at good deals. So my total was ~$1337 or somewhere therebouts for 5 trackdays+1 set of GPA's.

Clear as mud?

Hope it helps if you can wrap your head around my math. If your a real high roller they had their ALL IN Package+15 sets of GPA's for ~$9000 if memory serves.

Kevin
    Last edited by Ould; 12-13-2009 at 01:07 PM.

250.00 per day ouch!!! expensive ****...thats the price to pay to have fun

pick 5 calabogie or Mos. is 950.00
    I paid around 1400 last year for a 10 day package. Not too pleased about the prices.
    Last edited by akan; 12-13-2009 at 02:18 PM.

I looked at some of the rates, ouch. Not for me.

Yup $250/weekend day too rich for my blood as well....signed up for SOAR instead= cheaper in the long run by far $100 for first class +$80 second class
    gives you Friday fun, sat practice and qualify plus Sunday races

Don't get me wrong Sandy and crew from Pro6 are great and Calabogie is second to none, just too much cheese for me.

Highside SOAR#79
    Last edited by Riceman; 12-13-2009 at 04:50 PM.

2 years ago it was $170 so that is fairly crazy prices. unfortunately though an organizer can pretty much charge what they want at mosport, as every year there is a waiting list to get on that track.

ill personally stick to TMP as i hear once you do mosport you never enjoy tack like shanny or TMP so best if i stay off it.

$250 a day?

I never got to say goodbye to 'bogie - and I guess I never will...

Quote Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
    Yup $250/weekend day too rich for my blood as well....signed up for SOAR instead= cheaper in the long run by far $100 for first class +$80 second class
    gives you Friday fun, sat practice and qualify plus Sunday races

Don't get me wrong Sandy and crew from Pro6 are great and Calabogie is second to none, just too much cheese for me.

Highside SOAR#79
    my feeling as well. also signed up for soar...#667

bogie is worth the price. and pro6 runs an amazing day.

if you haven't done a day outside TMP, I suggest trying it just once ...
    there is no spoon

definitely not the news i wanted to hear regarding the pricing on their packages...starting to think about SOAR/RACE...

i've never been to TMP, how does it compare to shannonville...nelson/long/fabi/pro

Quote Originally Posted by unowned View Post

definitely not the news i wanted to hear regarding the pricing on their packages...starting to think about SOAR/RACE...

i've never been to TMP, how does it compare to shannonville...nelson/long/fabi/pro
    Short. like Nelson or Fabi.

This sport is still in the process of gaining momentum. It's too bad that the price of the track day is almost the same price as a set of tires (on special at these days). I think the reasoning behind the increase was because they wanted fewer people on the track per session. Let's be honest though, 40 isn't that much considering the size of those tracks (mos and calabogie). I've never had any issues and don't really know anyone who has. After the price of tires, that's almost $500 for one day of track.. that's enough reason for people to not want to go.
    If it means have plain sandwiches or loosing the lunches all together, I'd rather see that then these high prices. It's not a jab at pro6 at all, Sandy and everyone do a great job, I've alway's been more than pleased. But these prices, and in this economy.. just my 2 cents.

i think ill go with riders choice $190 for mosport. shame theres only two days though.

2009 cmp weekend was 215 so a jump to 250 seems crazzzzy. George has some cool things going on at turn2 and if you join there club you can ride Bogie for 220, groups of 10 with an instructor. Not arc but a new thing called CRG(controlled riders group) They sold me on it at the show, for those of you about to write off cmp maybe check out turn 2 first. BTW even at 250 for pro6 I'll still go, "Bogie is PHENOMINAL!"
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

TMP is longer than nelson or fabi
    I find it smoother as well.

Fabi has a longer straight
    all 3 run clockwise

Donald

Quote Originally Posted by unowned View Post