So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville?

Re: So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville?

Oh,

I guess his village needed him back?

Quote Originally Posted by Riceman View Post
    Sorry to cut in but Calabogie had 3 groups of 35 riders @ $210/day weekend
    and $195/weekday, sold out everyday pretty much in advanced last year.

Do the math!! Biking/racing is growing in Canada, just not in our premier league.
    ......... that may be a problem, when Track days are no longer what you want........ you need faster (ya faster....... ) then you start at SOAR or RACE, winning multipul championships ......... then, you want FASTER yet (ya FASTER yet...... ) you go to......... we need a National series..... where is a multipul SOAR/RACE champion to go......... BG

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    ......... that may be a problem, when Track days are no longer what you want........ you need faster (ya faster....... ) then you start at SOAR or RACE, winning multipul championships ......... then, you want FASTER yet (ya FASTER yet...... ) you go to......... we need a National series..... where is a multipul SOAR/RACE champion to go......... BG
    Well said Ben. Chris and I spoke at the show about just this. Colin is aware of our concerns and willingness to work with him to help bolster the national series. There is some possible stuff in the works that may address this, its in Colin's court now if it will fly expect an anouncment in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Well said Ben. Chris and I spoke at the show about just this. Colin is aware of our concerns and willingness to work with him to help bolster the national series. There is some possible stuff in the works that may address this, its in Colin's court now if it will fly expect an anouncment in the next couple weeks.
    Cool! Now if only I could learn to ride!!!
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    national amateur open???yeah

Sounds great, too bad I'm too old

But still plan on having fun...

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    national amateur open???yeah
    The carnage would be astronomical! Ask me why I know? A National "Animal" Open!

Animal Open was the funnest class i ever raced in and I was riding my old '87 RS250!!
    There was nothing like starting on pole Getting smoked off the line by GSXR750's and 1100's and being one of the last through turn one and carving your way back to the front in 8 laps! It was a blast! I even broke the lap record at all the shannonville tracks. Aahhh those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    The carnage would be astronomical! Ask me why I know? A National "Animal" Open!
    .......... yea, unlike the very well disciplined AM600 National Racers .......... besides, the National series could use it........ badly BG

Quote Originally Posted by Ben G View Post
    .......... yea, unlike the very well disciplined AM600 National Racers .......... besides, the National series could use it........ badly BG
    What,, the "carnage" or the ?

What,, the "carnage" or the ?
    ....... Based on what I've been reading........... BOTH. BG

seriously,couldnt they make a regional/provincial series in ontario??? bogie,mosport,shanny,cayuga..i mean it would be fun and not that costly to run...and not to mention it would attract a lot more riders...i think anyway

actually im only asking this cause im a bit selfish i would love a series like that....

seriously,couldnt they make a regional/provincial series in ontario??? bogie,mosport,shanny,cayuga..i mean it would be fun and not that costly to run...and not to mention it would attract a lot more riders...i think anyway
    I think SOAR will have an arrangement like this within a few years. I doubt they'll have a round at Shanny, as that's RACE territory.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    I think SOAR will have an arrangement like this within a few years. I doubt they'll have a round at Shanny, as that's RACE territory.
    something to look forward to..excellent

You're assuming a lot. one that the industry works together,two that the powers to be in the industry use common sense ,,three, that it's pretty simple, four assuming should one have the money,, that "all" the tracks would be easily assessable and open to you and your idea..
    Don't even try to apply logic to it! Don't assume it would not be very costly.Don't assume riders would show up. The complexity of starting a new series in Ontario could hurt the sport more then you could imagine.
    There is only one way that series could happen and not hurt the sport.And "I" do not want that to happen!

You're assuming a lot. one that the industry works together,two that the powers to be in the industry use common sense ,,three, that it's pretty simple, four assuming should one have the money,, that "all" the tracks would be easily assessable and open to you and your idea..
    Don't even try to apply logic to it! Don't assume it would not be very costly.Don't assume riders would show up. The complexity of starting a new series in Ontario could hurt the sport more then you could imagine.
    There is only one way that series could happen and not hurt the sport.And "I" do not want that to happen!
    i run a car dealership not a race series and understand there are a lot of things i could never understand "lack of experience in that field" but if it was at all possible i would attend such events "no questions aksed" and im sure im not the only one feeling the same way..track days at mosport,bogie,shanny or race events at those venues? race it would be for me...

and i wasnt implying that a new race series be formed, it was about extending a regional wich SOAR answered on that one..

and i wasnt implying that a new race series be formed, it was about extending a regional wich SOAR answered on that one..
    Please note that SOAR did not provide an official answer to that one.

Although I am not the voice of SOAR and I am sure Ken will see this thread and respond, I would like to point out that RichardTPC's post is not an official answer from SOAR. (I just don't want to have any confusion out there).

for 2010 The SOAR schedule is set and TMP is our home track. Beyond 2010 SOAR is certainly keeping options open to run at other tracks in addition to TMP, but there is no sense in putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Should other tracks come in to the picture, you will all hear about it. Until then see you at TMP in 2010!