So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville?

Re: So only 4 rounds CDN Superbike? No Shannonville?

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    Please note that SOAR did not provide an official answer to that one.

Although I am not the voice of SOAR and I am sure Ken will see this thread and respond, I would like to point out that RichardTPC's post is not an official answer from SOAR. (I just don't want to have any confusion out there).

for 2010 The SOAR schedule is set and TMP is our home track. Beyond 2010 SOAR is certainly keeping options open to run at other tracks in addition to TMP, but there is no sense in putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Should other tracks come in to the picture, you will all hear about it. Until then see you at TMP in 2010!
    oops sorry i just get overly excited sometimes...

SOAR WILL be at other tracks.
    I would have liked to have done this in 2010 however it didnt fall into place that way for various reasons. There is still a couple irons in the fire that may see us at two other tracks in 2010 but its not definate so I cannot give details.
    SOAR has reached out to every series in Canada and recently (show) every Ontario series. Chris and I spoke regarding working together and the importance of bolstering the national series. It is our best interest to have a strong national series for our collective riders to run.
    I suggested that we all sit down at the begining of the season to sort schedules and directions. He agreed.
    Imagine if the nationals would give us a heads up when they are planning a new direction/class and we could respond the season before and generate a farm league?
    When SOAR was started it was not an attack on the status quo it was a response to a glut in the market and half a province and the US's biggest state being under serviced. Last season we trained and licensed approx 150 new racers that may have never enetered the sport at all if we had not. These riders will not want to spend their whole racing career at SOAR they will run RACE,VRRA,PMP or many others so its win win.
    I also asked RACE if they would be interested in turning their endurance race into a 5 round provincial series. Our 4 plus RACE 1. Chris is not a fan of endurance he is responding to his riders demands. The last endurance race that was run at RACE I did it.
    I would give Chris our rulebook and operational support and all riders will be encouraged to do all 5 rounds. Maybe next year it could be more even if it works out. Chris is receptive but you have to remember ITS NOT CHRIS'S SERIES he has to get approval from Jean. Still waiting on that, it really doesnt make a difference to SOAR but working together is better for racers and the sport in general.
    Think of the possibilities, how about running a east west provincial series with runoffs that you have to qualify for an invite (think WERA Grand Nationals or CCS Runoffs). Then maybe invite a big US series for a AM/CAN runoff..............
    The problem as I see it is people have depended on one cash stream for too long. That and are to comfortable with leaving things as they always have been because they have always done it that way.
    People still look at SOAR as a threat and thats unfortunate. I cant for the life of me figure out how choices are bad? Racers are societies whipping boy. We are only as strong as a group.
    I have approached the nationals with some ideas and they have agreed in principal but the ball is in PMPs court now. I suspect that Colin is trying to survive the barage of crap flying his way and will deal with it when he can. I will try to have answers and details as soon as possible. Even if it all collapses I will post here and let you all know whats going on behind the scenes.
    SOAR has nothing to hide and will be as transparant as possible. If things do go further south it will not be by our hand. I just hope the others feel the same way.

....... racing at SOAR this week and the PCSC Nationals next week......... please , what Ken and SOAR have done is very impressive but its not National Racing........ IF SOAR continues to move forward its going to face the same things all racing organizations face............. what SOAR is today and what it will look like in 3-4 years.......... don't be overly suprised when the same kind of stuff happens there, its a nice grass roots, have fun series today.......... that's going to change (here's hoping it don't). BG

if SOAR had a series at different tracks why would racers defunct to another organization???dont we all like to race at different tracks?? isnt what is attractive at the national level?? unless one cleans up the series and moves on to better things !!! then again,im new on the scene

Quote Originally Posted by steph1000 View Post
    if SOAR had a series at different tracks why would racers defunct to another organization???dont we all like to race at different tracks?? isnt what is attractive at the national level?? unless one cleans up the series and moves on to better things !!! then again,im new on the scene
    The "National level" has nothing to do with different tracks,,,it's chasing a dream! I don't know anybody that would spend $5000 grand to go ride Calgary! And Shuby just beats the crap out of you!,Mirabel,well,, cause you have to,and then you ask why? Chasing the dream!
    Regionals are,, all about having fun! You have four tracks in Ontario.
    Cayuga,Shannonville are full on, Mosport has 10-15 motorcycles days a year.That's it. Maybe with these economic conditions they'll add a few more.But previously any motorcycle days that were dropped were not renewed for bikes. Calabogie is booked, solid! So get new tracks or lots of money to buy the days from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    I think SOAR will have an arrangement like this within a few years. I doubt they'll have a round at Shanny, as that's RACE territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    Please note that SOAR did not provide an official answer to that one.

Although I am not the voice of SOAR and I am sure Ken will see this thread and respond, I would like to point out that RichardTPC's post is not an official answer from SOAR. (I just don't want to have any confusion out there).
    Sorry for the confusion, if any. My post was strictly IMHO.