OGK / JAPANESE GEAR: Allowed at Canadian Tracks?

Thread: OGK / JAPANESE GEAR: Allowed at Canadian Tracks?

Question OGK / JAPANESE GEAR: Allowed at Canadian Tracks?

Hi all I work in Japan and get all my gear and track there but recently I have moved to Canada to work.

Does anybody know if tracks such as Shanonville, Mosport, Cayuga, etc. allow Japanese gear that may not be DOT or SNELL but MFJ/FIM/Japanese SG Safety Standard?

My helmet is OGK FF-5 Leathers/gloves Kushitani and RS TAICHI.

I dont want to register for a track day then not be able to go just because of something this stupid, as ive heard of problems with people who don't know the overseas brands.

"The FF-5 is the top of the line OGK helmet.No expense has been spared in the development and production of this helmet.The FF-5 carries the incredibly strict Japanese SG safety standard,and the racing MFJ/FIM standard.This means the helmet is acceptable for Moto-gp,WSB and other professional race use(Only the most expensive racing helmets carry these rigid safety standards)"

"The FF-5 carries the Japanese SG safety standard(highest in the world)and also carries the MFJ standard(Motorcycle federation of Japan)which is a race standard that only the highest quality riding gear carries(for example RS Taichi and Kushitani leathers)The FF-5 also carries the FIM standard,which means this helmet is approved for World Superbike and Moto GP racing as well as all FIM approved events"

Thanks all!
    MadLz

Re: OGK / JAPANESE GEAR: Allowed at Canadian Tracks?

No problem with the MFJ approved stuff, it conforms to FIM standards. My wife has an OGK helmet and raced all summer. Regional and National events.
    Last edited by Rob; 12-09-2009 at 04:45 PM.
    2011 R.A.C.E. Middleweight Twins Champion
    www.bulletmotoracing.com
    Thanks to: Motovan, Durham Top Quality Collision, Hindle exhausts, OGK Kabuto Helmets, Vortex Racing, Impact Safe-T-Armor, Suzuki of Newmarket and Orion Motorsports