"Me or the bike" - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Me or the bike"

Re: "Me or the bike"

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    If they're allergic to cats obviously they're not right for me
    You're a crazy old cat lady aren't you?
    Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. - David Brent

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    You're a crazy old cat lady aren't you?
    I was headed down that path, I had 3 cats and was willing to let more live with me. I was told no more cats. so I'm limiting myself to two cats and a dog. When one of the cats and the dog goes i'm not sure if I'm gonna find new ones, if so the dog has to be small enough to fit on the bike.

So I'm just crazy and old.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
    I hear that alot....and maybe being an Ex-Smoker is why I don't care if they smoke or not.

My Ex once told me she'd rather I didn't get my Motorcycle License.
    I told her I won't get my license if she quits smoking.

She still smokes and I've been riding for years!
    I've dated a smoker and I'm not a smoker. The danger for me is that I than start social smoking with her which leads to me smoking, which leads to the possibility of myself getting addicted. Hasn't happened yet, but who knows.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

I was headed down that path, I had 3 cats and was willing to let more live with me. I was told no more cats. so I'm limiting myself to two cats and a dog. When one of the cats and the dog goes i'm not sure if I'm gonna find new ones, if so the dog has to be small enough to fit on the bike.

So I'm just crazy and old.
    Make it handbag sized and you can be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Make it handbag sized and you can be cool.
    Rats are food for snakes. sorry.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Dundurn Beer Store?
    LOL! NO. I asked because my dad (now retired) was at one point, the C.O. of the N. Sask R. They do maneuvers at Dundurn.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

After I had a motorcycle accident, my wife doesnt like me riding but she wont tell me not to because she knows I like it. Where she draws the line though is smoking weed. I was a chronic smoker when I met her and for many years and it never ever got in the way of me getting a uni degree or work but she just will never accept it. I came to the conclusion, its better for my health and my wallet that I dont so sometimes you got to compromise and give things up..

If your lady friend wants you to give up racing because she is concerned for your safety. Like, it she witnessed you having an accident or breaking your leg or something then I think its fair that she make her case but if she just doesn't like your hobby and would rather you make a hobby out of going shoe shopping and wine & dine with other couples then thats not very cool. Keep the bike.

Just curious but has anyone ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend that asked them to give up driving a car out of concern for thier safety?

Life is dangerous. Deal with it.

^^ Are you SERIOUSLY gonna draw a parallel line between a car and a motorcycle when it comes to accident statistics?!

Life is dangerous but most girls see the bike/car as a form of transport. to her its the same thing, so if you can take a car and reduce your risks SIGNIFICANTLY, why not?

my g/f smoked. she knew i was a non-smoker but she told me she is looking for a non-smoker to push to quit. she now stopped....believe me, it was a brutal few months but she now thanks me for being strong and not letting in.

should she have just told me "no ultimatums!" although i didnt give her one.

ppl who give ultimatums are spoiled brats whos parents raised them thinking if they act a certain way they will get what they want. and then real life hits em and they start to realize ultimatums dont really work. Life is a compromise...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Banned

yea. The ultimatum is best left for the Jerry Springer guests.

the idea that someone is so inflexible as to get over whatever the deal is, or unwilling to negotiate should get the curb.

The proper technique is to END the relationship, tell the person why, and if they CHOOSE to end whatever is bothering the other, so be it.

anyone that gives me ultimatums loses.

one of my ex's said "me or the cat" I still have the cat.

Banned

NOpe. Not yet. LOL. But the day is young.

It is, however, the most dangerous thing that most people will do routinely.

that and surf GTAM that is...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    Just curious but has anyone ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend that asked them to give up driving a car out of concern for thier safety?

Life is dangerous. Deal with it.

My thoughts are that it depends on what was first.

If you had the bike before the girl, then that's something she knew about you from the onset of the relationship. If that's the case then she better not leave *** prints on the front door.

If the bike came after the girl, then i think she may have a legitimate concern about what you're doing with your life.

Seeing as how i am single at the moment, any girls that may come will have come after the bike. So none of them will ever win in that ultimatum.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    My thoughts are that it depends on what was first.

If you had the bike before the girl, then that's something she knew about you from the onset of the relationship. If that's the case then she better not leave *** prints on the front door.

If the bike came after the girl, then i think she may have a legitimate concern about what you're doing with your life.

Seeing as how i am single at the moment, any girls that may come will have come after the bike. So none of them will ever win in that ultimatum.
    So that means if someone in a relationship wants to take up skydiving (for example) the other person should be able to say "no"? That doesn't work...
    *~Maggie~*

I dumped a long-time boyfriend because the idiot didn't want me to play softball with people I worked with. "There are guys there and I don't know them."

Yeah.....BUH-BYE.

Then he started crying and whining that he was going to ask me to marry him soon...that was, hmmmm...about 18 years ago and he's still single to this day (so I hear, thru mutual friends).

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    So that means if someone in a relationship wants to take up skydiving (for example) the other person should be able to say "no"? That doesn't work...
    That's not what i wrote Maggie.

If it's someone already in a relationship then decides to take up some inherently dagerous then that's something you have to work out with your significant other. If someone were to make a drastic change in their life like that, with no regard to the feelings of their significant other i would think that was terribly selfish.

^^ Agreed....

Relationship takes two people, and whatever you do or dont do affects the other person.

So the other person starts doing lines of Cocaine miles long you as their partner have no right to say anything? yea right.

You still dont give ultimatums, you work with them, you try to make them see your side of the view or you try to see why they are doing it....if at that time you cant come to terms, then its over...
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    ^^ Are you SERIOUSLY gonna draw a parallel line between a car and a motorcycle when it comes to accident statistics?!...
    Um...ya I am. Don't start throwing statistics around. The issue is not WHAt they're asking you to give up (my point exactly) it's THAT they're asking you to give up anything at all. Concerns for safety are misguided at best.

Life is dangerous but most girls see the bike/car as a form of transport. to her its the same thing, so if you can take a car and reduce your risks SIGNIFICANTLY, why not??!
    What?! How about because I like my bike? Or maybe it's a hobby that I enjoy? Or maybe, just maybe, I don't want to spend my life with a manipulative, controlling freak (no matter how closeted that may be).

ppl who give ultimatums are spoiled brats whos parents raised them thinking if they act a certain way they will get what they want. and then real life hits em and they start to realize ultimatums dont really work. Life is a compromise...
    That's my point. She hasn't given the ultimatum....yet. I don't want to date someone who can't have a rational discussion about it and only wants to give me ultimatums.

Quote Originally Posted by fly kid View Post
    I would've picked the girl over anything......and i would mean it.
    lmao

Edit: See, you guys got the process all wrong... I found a girl who's good for me, AND she's got her own bike
    Last edited by Kri$han; 12-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.

My wife of 24yrs routinly asks me and my son/daughter to be careful when going biking/scuba diving/sailboat racing/rock climbing and the other stupid pursuits that go on around here.

She has concerns and should, caring is a big part of a marriage I hear, but shes recognizes this is part of the dynamic of our relationship. Shes cool.

She has a cat i like to see buried in the backyard, but not enough to hit it with a shovel. Thats love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    LOL! NO. I asked because my dad (now retired) was at one point, the C.O. of the N. Sask R. They do maneuvers at Dundurn.
    Ya Dundurn Sask. I mean NO offense but I never want to get sent to that **** hole ever again. Just put me out of my misery if it ever happens.

As for the OP. Of course we all know better than to hook up with the local and base girls. I was merely saying that you can see there are cool chicks out there who ride and are into all that so you dodged a bullet my friend. Find a cool chick who can come on rides with us.