Bayside performance - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bayside performance

Re: Bayside performance

Pricing aside, I found that bayside carried some things that I could not get locally. They can definitely improve on the customer service side of things.

Hi Guys, I work at Bayside Performance and I have found your posts very informative.

For the most part, our product selection and pricing are our strong points. The shipping issue comes down to in store stock. We simply don't have everything ready to ship. A lot of it gets special ordered in.

The Nano jacket was out of stock in store and was ordered from east coast USA. Sorry about the rude reply. We get a few hundred emails a day, so a lot of the reply's have to be short and sweet.

The forum is not letting me write all the text in 1 post...

Hi 604dude, can you please look into my order? I placed an order on December 19, received an email that it shipped on December 31 and I haven't received it yet. Order number is 6570.

Thx
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Hi,

Give me a call at the store today, or email julian@baysideperformance.com

Im just casually browsing this site from home right now.

Thanks, it's been cleared up by Kevin. Looks like it was an issue with Canada Post.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Performance View Post
    For the most part, our product selection and pricing are our strong points.
    Product selection and pricing (sometimes) are your only strong points.

Your owner needs to work on the customer service part (especially his e-mails....they're short, but not sweet by any definition).
    "Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can be either flowers or weeds"

Quote Originally Posted by pablo cruz View Post
    Iv'e ordered from them,
    Their prices change a little to much for my liking.
    Shipping is a little over priced.
    and..... If you look around locally first chances are you can get the same deals here locally.
    Without getting jammed on shipping or waiting to long.
    Why don't you post up what your going to be buying and see what people say.....
    Cheers,
    Canadian dollar moves up and down so we adjust the pricing accordingly. As this is what every body wants.

We are in Bc shipping across Canada with Canada Post isn't very cheap. We just charge what it costs.

We are always working on getting better.

The main problem is stock is so expensive. 90% of items need to be ordered in once the order is paid.

Sometimes our distributor let us down and things get delayed.

as we get 30-50 orders a day and have limited staff and resources until we get super fancy software you need to be more active on your orders and contact us if you have a concern. We try to process every order as fast as possible as we want to make people happy.

Just remember most items need to be ordered in and this can slow things down and why eta's to Ontario can be 6-10 business days

3-5 business days for us to get it then ship it out.

Call ahead if you need express or faster shipping so we can make arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaChick View Post
    Product selection and pricing (sometimes) are your only strong points.

Your owner needs to work on the customer service part (especially his e-mails....they're short, but not sweet by any definition).
    The owner works 100-120 hrs a week 7 days a week gets 50-150 emails a day.

Everybody wants a huge respond within minutes. I can only do so much.

If you need a longer respond just call me and we can discuss it over the phone in half the time it takes to type it all out.

We have a toll free number

Quote Originally Posted by mosquito View Post
    The owner works 100-120 hrs a week 7 days a week gets 50-150 emails a day.

Everybody wants a huge respond within minutes. I can only do so much.

If you need a longer respond just call me and we can discuss it over the phone in half the time it takes to type it all out.

We have a toll free number
    Ever consider hiring more people? 100-120 hrs a week/7 days a week? No wonder you're stressed out.
    "Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds, the harvest can be either flowers or weeds"

have you ever ran a business?

do you know how much employees cost?

Salaries
    WCB Premiums
    Vacation Pay
    Holiday Pay
    All the mistakes they make
    Training cost
    Theft
    Babysitting
    Do you have any idea on how much knowledge you need to work in the this industry?
    What in the name of your Bike shop so i see how you do it?

I have a small staff of highly trained good friends of mine and we take care of all the orders.
    We are Racers and enthusiasts

I have an AMA Superbike license and been in this business for over 10 years.

All this would be your problem not ours.
    You want business? 90% of the time it comes from word of mouth due to having a good experience with a company.
    Bottom line is if you want more business you have to work on customer service before hiring more employees and getting a bigger inventory.
    No need to make excusses as to how much it costs to employe someone, we don't care.
    Just suck it up and look after the customer and the customers will come. Short and sweet rude replies has already lost you business.

Salaries
    WCB Premiums
    Vacation Pay
    Holiday Pay
    Training cost
    Theft
    Babysitting
    Do you have any idea on how much knowledge you need to work in the this industry?

I have a small staff of highly trained good friends of mine and we take care of all the orders.

Barrie and area riders.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123778

Amsoil Oil? PM me

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

LOL, all small business owner works every single hours while we are up. But I do not complain to my customers, I will not make excuses to anyone because I am tired or stressed out. One thing I always do when I have a complaint or claim from my customers, I listen to them. No need to talk back to them. The beauty of running your own business is that you can choose to take action or not. There is no boss forcing you to take an action. If you are not taking any action, you do not advertise it. You advertise when you take some positive actions.
    Despite your poor online responses here, it seems you are doing well so far. But you can do even better if you listen more. One more thing, I can see you care about your business and because of that, you became somewhat defensive. Do not waste your time on writing any negative replies. Move on and use your time for more positive issues...like getting better deals for your loyal customers love you. Always show your positive attitude in public!

Salaries
    WCB Premiums
    Vacation Pay
    Holiday Pay
    Training cost
    Theft
    Babysitting

wow... in 1 post you made me NOT want to buy anything from you...
    and if you've been in business for 10 years and still work 100-150 hours a week (i won't touch the fact that there are only 168 hours in a week) then perhaps you DO need some advice on becoming more efficient.

FYI - software solutions are widely available for relatively cheap online...
    and 100 emails a day is a lot? according to you, if you work 100 hours a week, thats 7 emails a day..... you can't answer 7 emails a day effectively?

Banned

"high & mighty" bitching isn't going to get you ahead, mosquito. aimply explainging that you're doing your best will be better than trying to show how much harder you work than everyone else. it may make you feel special, but it may not make people order from you. saying that you are too busy for your average customer will alienate people.

I ordered a Jardine RT-1 s/o from them last year and it took months to arrive. Sure, the price was good, but I was also a bit ****** that the can had a dent in it. I did not want to deal with them again for an exchange (and they were rude to me when I inquired about the length of time delivery took), so I sucked it up and put the dented can on my bike regardless. I will never order from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    wow... in 1 post you made me NOT want to buy anything from you...
    Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    it may make you feel special, but it may not make people order from you. saying that you are too busy for your average customer will alienate people.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcat View Post
    I will never order from them again.
    Apparently he thinks that his attitude is helping and not hurting his business according to a conversation (outside of this thread) that I had with him.
    Last edited by Wheelieboy; 11-13-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)