Project: Full electric Motorcycle, nick named the EV Suzuki until someone suggests a better name.
Budget: $1200.00
Doner Motorcycle: 1983 Suzuki GS 550E blown motor

I though this would be a fun little project to build over the winter. I have already aquired the speed controler for the motor and I am testing AGM Sealed deep cycle batteries and Li-ion batteries for cost vs milage vs life. The frame is the GS is built very sturdy and should support the battery weight. The motor is an Mars AC Etek Style, 48 volt brushless DC
4000 rpm, 8 hp continuous, 15 hp peak. The controller will be a curtis or Sevcon PMAC 24 to 48 volt, 250 amp. I am building this cheap as possible. Battery chargers were an expensive problem. My solution is to use 4 Makita Lithium-ion 7.2-18V used with the cordless drills. This way I can charge up all the batteries at once and have a balanced charge per cell pack.

I have stripped the bike down to the frame right now and I plan on painting it after I weld in all the new tabs, motor plate, and brackets for the batteries.

I will try and post my progress as I go. Keep in miney this isn't going to be a 2 weeks project. it will probably take the whole winter and into spring. I have very limited free time and there always that damn money thing, or the lack there of.