standing on pegs while riding on DVP - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: standing on pegs while riding on DVP

Re: standing on pegs while riding on DVP

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Third story from the top.

It's a flawed act if a rider can be charged with street/stunt riding for standing on his/her pegs.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/32668
    That was one of the one's I heard about, but couldn't find any information on. And for those in the know, it was the predator.........er, cop that lords over HWY 10 north of Brampton with an iron fist. I'll leave the description out so the libs don't come in playing the race card, but if you know the road, you know the cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Third story from the top.

It's a flawed act if a rider can be charged with street/stunt riding for standing on his/her pegs.

http://www.wheels.ca/article/32668
    Well I could be cited then almost everytime I go for a long drive (as in a few hundred km's). At least once per hour I stand on my pegs to stretch my legs. Done it past cops in the U.S. and no-one has ever stopped me and said a word. I know I did it on the QEW in Niagara as well.

Scary that could lead to a 172 charge.

Quote Originally Posted by jc100 View Post
    That's 30% for all offences covered under the bill though. I thought this thread was about the liklehood of being pulled over just for standing on your pegs and the reason I posted asking for figures was to show that for this alone I don't think people are getting pulled over. Not that it matters much but I certainly don't think twice about shifting all my weight to my pegs if i can't avoid an obstacle in the road. My safety and comfort is important to me.

Figures are important although some people have said they aren't. They show where there's a real problem and where there's a perceived problem and there's a huge difference between the two. I think IN THIS CASE (just standing on pegs) there's a perceived problem that the figures don't justify.

In the case of all offences under 172 there are figures that do show a real problem.

The 30% belongs to another discussion on another thread completely.
    Then we get back to a particular latin term that I recently used here.

Are you now going to break the inappropriate charges down by type? This many stood on the pegs, this many lane split, the following were passing on a two lane road at 10 over the limit...... That someone can be charged for standing on the pegs is an indication that the law at once is poorly understood by those whose job it is to apply it, and is poorly enough written that likely 50% of non speed-related traffic stops could have a portion of 455/07 applied to them.

When you could lose your license and vehicle for a week, along with $1K+ of your hard earned money with no recourse for an utterly crap charge, large numbers are not required to prove that a problem exists. This is just one example of many such potential issues.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I stand to get rid of the wedgies that creep up on long rides.

Note to self - Next time just ride without pants/underwear to be safe.
    There are some thing's better left unsaid, but you can bet your sweet a** I'm going to say them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    Then we get back to a particular latin term that I recently used here.

Are you now going to break the inappropriate charges down by type? This many stood on the pegs, this many lane split, the following were passing on a two lane road at 10 over the limit...... That someone can be charged for standing on the pegs is an indication that the law at once is poorly understood by those whose job it is to apply it, and is poorly enough written that likely 50% of non speed-related traffic stops could have a portion of 455/07 applied to them.

When you could lose your license and vehicle for a week, along with $1K+ of your hard earned money with no recourse for an utterly crap charge, large numbers are not required to prove that a problem exists. This is just one example of many such potential issues.
    I didn't break it down by type, the OP did, asking a question on one facet of the bill.

I didn't break it down by type, the OP did, asking a question on one facet of the bill.
    That was asked, and answered. I can't help it if you don't like the answer.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    That was asked, and answered. I can't help it if you don't like the answer.
    As was my question asked, on topic and not answered except with off topic anecdotes.
    Last edited by Rob MacLennan; 12-09-2009 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Accidentally

As was my question asked, on topic and not answered except with off topic anecdotes.
    You were given one (now two) examples of people being stopped (one charged) for that particular action. Your question cann0ot be answered in detail, without performing a very specific Freedom of Information search, as even when information was being published it was not to that level of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    I stand to get rid of the wedgies that creep up on long rides.

Note to self - Next time just ride without pants/underwear to be safe.
    easier to wear a skirt with no undies

2 syllables - G-String...