Ignoring a thread?

Thread: Ignoring a thread?

Ignoring a thread?

I know we have the capability of ignoring a particular member, but wouldn't it be great to be able to ignore an entire thread?

If we had such a function it would make it easier to ignore any lame threads that constantly get bumped up (like the carrots in a toilet thread)... as well as any Yetti threads, schnizzle threads, gear nazi threads, 'anyone here ever' threads, 'macs are the best' threads, repost threads, etc etc... (sorry if I left some of the most annoying thread makers off of the list )

I did a quick search, and apparently it is possible to add that function into a vBulletin forum: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69261
    Just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean that you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you! (Dara O'Briain)

Banned

Re: Ignoring a thread?

Those work fine sometimes, but they aren't 100% accurate you will end up ignoring so many threads that you dont want to and its server heavy.

I know its annoying but thats life. thats a 3.0 version they have a newer one but it sucks. has a few coding issues.

Where the sun don't shine (Toronto, you nasty)

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce View Post
    Those work fine sometimes, but they aren't 100% accurate you will end up ignoring so many threads that you dont want to and its server heavy.

I know its annoying but thats life. thats a 3.0 version they have a newer one but it sucks. has a few coding issues.
    Have you tried putting it on at OMC?

I just had to
    But yeah, it's a legit question.

Banned

lol funny guy.

Nah i had it on a forum and it caused to many problems, constant complaints etc. and if the coding is wrong bloop bye bye forum hahaha..

not worth it.

You know you can just NOT CLICK on the threads right?

^^ That concepts too tough for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    You know you can just NOT CLICK on the threads right?
    I know... but sometimes it is too tempting to click into a thread to see what is being said even though I know I shouldn't.
    Just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean that you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you! (Dara O'Briain)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck U. Farlie View Post
    I know... but sometimes it is too tempting to click into a thread to see what is being said even though I know I shouldn't.
    So what you're actually trying to say is that you need help with your lack of self-control?
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

there's a fix for this... when you click on one of those threads punch yourself in the face. 1 of a couple things might happen... you might stop clicking on dumb threads, you might become more tolerant of dumb threads, or you might give your self a black eye, which would be really funny if you did and posted about it.
    x