Suzuki's out.........

Thread: Suzuki's out.........

Suzuki's out.........

GECKO #169
    Thank you: Yamaha-Motor Canada, Hindle, Penske, Armour bodies, Vortex, Pirelli, IM Leathers, Pro6, Team Pro-Motion USA, Cycle City, Lightning Products, Flair Photo, Parker Bros.,

Re: Suzuki's out.........

It's a disappointment for Cnd racing. Will there be any factory teams in the 2010 season?

Sounds like good news for Bret though. It will be nice to see him run with bigger dogs next year if the AMA team comes together. It also gives me a new reason to think about going to the DMG Mid-Ohio round next year. Jordan has got to be thinking about getting his passport updated for next year too. I don't think there will be anyone left to compete against.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    I don't think there will be anyone left to compete against.
    BMW will have a factory team with 2 riders, also, just because the factory teams are shut down doesn't mean the factory won't support privateers.

"Privateers" - you know, the other 25 riders on the grid
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    And they might actually have a chance at winning now..
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by franz131 View Post
    BMW will have a factory team with 2 riders, also, just because the factory teams are shut down doesn't mean the factory won't support privateers.

Good news about the BMW prgm. Seeing one in race trim could convince me on my next street bike purchase. I get the fact that BMW wants to promote a new product nationally and they want to get a piece of the Cnd sportbike market. But that's 2 riders of what 27.

I guess I always thought that there was a difference between a factory rider and a privateer. I saw the factory rider as a person doing the racing as a job and the privateer as a weekend warrior. That's an over simplification, every rider, team is different and maybe no rider would fit in either category but I always thought that there was a difference.

For the others on the grind what is the benefit? I know it's not the purse money. It kind of leaves the fact that to some the Cnd national racing circuit is fun.

It's an addiction that has to fulfilled until common sense ruins it. There is less then five riders in Canada making a living doing this.
    You'll see all the top Canadians without rides go contingency racing in the US.

Is contingency that much better in the states?
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Is contingency that much better in the states?
    there are many journeymen racers that can make a decent living traveling around the US collecting contingency.

how many is a wildly debated topic.

I stopped racing SM in Canada for this reason.

I could make more finishing 5th-6th in the pro classes with different promoters than I could winning here.

the trick is to figure out who's paying and use that stuff, or at least have those stickers on the bike to make you eligible for payouts.

being able to ride fairly well helps, I'm great at putting stickers in the right place, the riding, meh!

I guess I always thought that there was a difference between a factory rider and a privateer. I saw the factory rider as a person doing the racing as a job and the privateer as a weekend warrior. That's an over simplification, every rider, team is different and maybe no rider would fit in either category but I always thought that there was a difference.
    Privateer is someone who rides for a private team i.e. not the factory team. Many of the top privateers are supported by the factories but, due to running their own programs, are not "factory" teams.

For the others on the grind what is the benefit? I know it's not the purse money. It kind of leaves the fact that to some the Cnd national racing circuit is fun.
    If you're a racer, you race. Sometimes the "where" and "with whom" changes but you're going racing, somewhere.
    "I think you'll like Mat Mladin--if he's on your side. If he's not on your side--you don't like Mat Mladin." - Bob Hanna
    http://www.goloracing.com