[DY's] SV650 Winter Project

Thread: [DY's] SV650 Winter Project

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb [DY's] SV650 Winter Project

open for discussion. If future updates are not directly under the previous. A link "next update" will be at the bottom of each post.
    this is to document my progress with my new to me SV650.
    After spending 2 years on the CBR250, I finally decided to upgrade to a bigger bike. That thing was getting cramped!

It was either going to be the SV650 or a 600. It was a hard decision but the SV was the "logical" upgrade. (The irrational side of me wanted me to get a 600. but three grand for insurance, no thanks )

After getting a chance to ride it, I don't regret this decision at all. It has torque out the wazoo. Half the time I didn't know what gear I was in. just give it gas and it goes!

The bike is an 02 SV650S trackbike. the engine is mildly tweaked. chassis wise, it has a rear Ohlins and RT emulators up front. It has a clean title so I will be converting it back to a streetbike for next year. It will pull double duty as both a street and track machine.

To make going to the track easier, i've decided to build a naked SV and just keep the current fairings for track use. The easier it is to convert, the better.

The bike started as this:

The previous owner also gave me 90% of the street parts.

some of big things i plan to do:
    - complete tear down, clean, and inspect every part.
    - powdercoat the frame, swingarm, bits and pieces.
    - GSXR front end.
    - GSXR 5.5" rear wheel conversion.
    - braced swingarm.
    - Koso digital gauges
    - rizoma signals (still need funding for this one)

Alot of the stuff is cosmetic and for bling. Yes, I know. I don't care it doesn't make me a faster rider or has no performance value.

That's it for now. there will be alot of small mods along the way. hopefully I can keep the camera handy with everything I do.

day one of owning the bike (late October): already stripped down. then winterized.

More updates coming soon.
    Last edited by DY; 12-16-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!