[DY's] SV650 Winter Project

Thread: [DY's] SV650 Winter Project

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: [DY's] SV650 Winter Project

Awesome job! I wish I had the funds and space to do that to my 02 SVS!
    2002 Suzuki SV650S

any photos of the finished product? or is it still in pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Jlin View Post
    any photos of the finished product? or is it still in pieces?
    Still in the same shape as the last update. I made a promise not to touch the bike until I pass this term. Last exam is April 23, so it should be done shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by ripcurl View Post
    Awesome job! I wish I had the funds and space to do that to my 02 SVS!
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Those are stock GSXR rotors, they are either 300mm or 320mm depending on the year/model
    These are actually SV1000 rotors with 310mm. I wanted to go with the 320 but I found these for super cheap. the pattern is the exact same though.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]
    I want these parts gone! make me an offer.

please email me directly, I don't check the forums anymore. Thanks!

Quick update, progress should resume in a week or two. I'm debating whether to paint it right away and start my season even later than it already has.

(I'll lose another month or so, need to find a job to pay for all the crap first)

There are a couple important things I need to spend money on before its even rideable.

-headlight (brackets have to be made)
    -tires (power pures)
    -turn signals
    -rebuild the Ohlins (the reservoir tube has to be adjusted or will touch the swingarm brace when fully compressed)
    -rebuild the forks (but i can do that myself further down the road but getting it properly sprung and setup with be nice too)
    -mount the gauge (and various brackets)

the last thing would be the paint job and i would like to do a a scheme with 4 colours white, black, candy red with gold highlights. its gonna be pricey.

I want to PC the wheels as well but don't want to spend another $100 on bearings right now.

having said that, this thing will look ridiculous without some new paint. white fender, blue tail, red swingarm, red tank, yellow shock, gold forks. silver back rim, black front rim.....anyways, you get the idea.
    FS:[99-02 SV650 Parts, R6 Rim] [SV650 Brake Pads] [50MM Headlight Bracket] [SuperCorsa Scrubs 120/180]

I would say ride it as is man. I like colourful bikes. And you probably won't care that much once it's all together and riding beautifully anyway.

I suspect once all put together will actually look fine.

School is now over, and I did pass. Also found my summer job today which means I can continue working on this project.

April 26th, 2010:

- Checked the carbs over today and they were perfectly fine. I ran seafoam through them before winter and drained it completely. Not a bit of varnish whatsoever.

- Sorted out the brake caliper spacers. I milled them down to 5MM from the 10MM before. Caliper bolts I got are way too long. So I will have to find new ones somewhere.

- Mock fitted the steel lines from the SV onto the GSXR radial master. They were the perfect length. I've heard the nissin radial is not that great but they should be better than the old SV one.

- Ordered Power Pures from Pete. They should be here tomorrow and I will have them put on ASAP. With that done, I can finally roll the bike out of house into the garage and get some progress.

- A problem also came up with the reservoir tube coming out of the shock.

The tube will touch the swingarm when it compresses. So I have to figure out a way to angle it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    I would say ride it as is man. I like colourful bikes. And you probably won't care that much once it's all together and riding beautifully anyway.

I suspect once all put together will actually look fine.
    I've decided just that. If my budget allows, I will get it painted at the end of the season. But I've already missed a month of riding this year and I can't wait anymore.

Your FZR is looking sick as well.
    Last edited by DY; 04-26-2010 at 07:58 PM.

it looks like you have enough line there....why dont' you flip the shock around?

i mean take the top mount off and rotate it around? would that work? or would it hit the front?

Print out two huge "WORK IN PROGRESS" stickers and slap them on. Just assemble it already! Screw the paint for now!