Shopper's Drugmart saved my ***

Thread: Shopper's Drugmart saved my ***

Shopper's Drugmart saved my ***

Got a real wool cover for my seat from Shopper's. Pricey at $40 but it's non slip and comes in black too (originally for wheelchairs I think, you get it from the home help Shopper's stores). My *** is in the lap of luxury now. Mmmm soft and warm.

I was having problems with a paralysed *** at about the 1h 30 min mark, hopefully this helps.

Re: Shopper's Drugmart saved my ***

I've always been told..real sheepskin...apparently you can ride forever with that stuff!!
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

Toliet lid slipcovers (aka Cheapskin) work nearly as well, or so I've read. They're hard to find in black, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I've always been told..real sheepskin...apparently you can ride forever with that stuff!!
    Any 'real' Scotsman can verify that. They like their Shag(ging).
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 11-19-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I've always been told..real sheepskin...
    I heard Ikea sells some good seat stuff...
    I enjoy listening to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven.

Soctland; where men are men and sheep are nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
    Any 'real' Scotsman can verify that
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

Wow. I always thought the sheepskin/shag thing was just some bizarre aesthetic. I wouldn't have assumed it would make a difference.
    Current bike - 2008 Vulcan 900c

If white will do, try Ikea. Its cheaper.
    Got Torque?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhacide View Post
    Wow. I always thought the sheepskin/shag thing was just some bizarre aesthetic. I wouldn't have assumed it would make a difference.
    I'll let you know...riding to Ottawa again today. My first test confirmed a warm and comfortable derriere. And yeah, it's sheepskin not wool sorry.

I had nice Ikea sheepskin on 5000km trip.
    It was great in wet or dry conditions and
    it made world of difference for long days.
    I think it was 40$ and it is pretty large.
    Only issue is they have only white...

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    I heard Ikea sells some good seat stuff...

So it worked like a charm. Kept my *** toasty warm and comfy. Only problem was the ends of my toes were cold now so I'll get some fancy dancy socks while I'm in Ottawa. Wind was ridiculous today though, was leaning right over just to stay on a straight line so pulled off highway and took side roads.

+1 sheepskin.

For your feet try heated insoles/socks or put grocery bags between two thin layers of socks to retain heat. Yes grocery bags.
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

I used a sheepskin on FZ6 this summer with good results. Whats more Uber sexy than dirty sheepskin strapped on a croth rocket?

I'm also a fan of "Anti-Monkey Butt powder" (yeah they sell it and that's the real name) for long rides.
    ride - if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag View Post
    I used a sheepskin on FZ6 this summer with good results. Whats more Uber sexy than dirty sheepskin strapped on a croth rocket?
    I've tried the sheepskin, but for summer use I've switched to a wooden bead cushion. The sheepskin made things a bit more comfortable for longer rides, but the airflow from the beads just can't be beat, especially when combined with mesh pants. It's a tough call to determine if the beads are more or less sexy than the sheepskin, though.
    WeeStrom!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I've tried the sheepskin, but for summer use I've switched to a wooden bead cushion. The sheepskin made things a bit more comfortable for longer rides, but the airflow from the beads just can't be beat, especially when combined with mesh pants. It's a tough call to determine if the beads are more or less sexy than the sheepskin, though.
    Wooden beads? There's a new one but it sounds a bit Hippy, can you get an armoured mesh Afghan coat for it too?

Yeah, I was really hoping the beads wouldn't work because they are just so ugly. But they're so effective at reducing heat buildup that I just resigned myself to looking like a dork. I just used a regular old beaded car seat cover since I had one lying around, but there are slightly more attractive versions available for bikes: http://beadrider.com/

Stick with the sheepskin for the fall/winter though. I had to take the beads off in October because my butt was just getting too cold.
    WeeStrom!

I looked into heated inserts for boots etc. Not worth the money at the moment. For the same price ($250+) you can buy a hell of a lot of toe warmers at Can Tire and they do a nice job. If feet are really cold you can sandwich your toes with one above and one below.

Just be sure to leave them out of the packet for a good 5 mins before they go into your boot. If you put them in too soon they don't seem to activate properly.

Yeah, I was really hoping the beads wouldn't work because they are just so ugly. But they're so effective at reducing heat buildup that I just resigned myself to looking like a dork. I just used a regular old beaded car seat cover since I had one lying around, but there are slightly more attractive versions available for bikes: http://beadrider.com/

Stick with the sheepskin for the fall/winter though. I had to take the beads off in October because my butt was just getting too cold.
    Defintely too cold for this time of the year due to the amount of air flow, but the Beadriders are a good, inexpensive, seat fix for summer touring. Their not great for short rides as they're really solid, but for a longer ride they work great! They also don't let water pool around your crotch if you ride in the rain!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

I've thought about the bead thing. Thane Siliker(sp??) had one on his Iron butt ST1100.
    ride - if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRider View Post
    I looked into heated inserts for boots etc. Not worth the money at the moment. For the same price ($250+) you can buy a hell of a lot of toe warmers at Can Tire and they do a nice job. If feet are really cold you can sandwich your toes with one above and one below.

Just be sure to leave them out of the packet for a good 5 mins before they go into your boot. If you put them in too soon they don't seem to activate properly.
    I used those toe warmers, worked well. They need a good air supply to work so yes, leaving them out a bit helps activate them. The toe warmers are small enough to slip inside glove wind covers too, that keeps fingers toasty!!