Mangled my low beam H4 connector!

Thread: Mangled my low beam H4 connector!

Mangled my low beam H4 connector!

As much as I love my VFR, I'm convinced that Honda isn't that bright.

For the high beam H4 connector, there's two push-type release mechanisms on either side of the connector, works well, and the plugs come out easily.

But,the low beam connector.. Honda decided to NOT put a push-pin release. I fought with this bloody connector for a good 30 minutes, got one off but the other would not budge and eventually I got so fed up that I cut the wires.

No way to release that top connection.

So my question is.. where can I find another H4 female connector locally, close to Mississauga, so I can solder it all back together. Ideally, I'd like to get two connectors that work how they are supposed too and get rid of these crappy Honda ones!!
    Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

Re: Mangled my low beam H4 connector!

I think Crappy Tire should have it. H4 is common enough. They have most lighthing connectors with 6" or so of wire.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I think Crappy Tire should have it. H4 is common enough. They have most lighthing connectors with 6" or so of wire.
    Thank you! I didn't think they would carry it; maybe some sort of specialty item.. I will go check it out!

Have u tried Sayal?
    There's no service there tho
    Resident Loudmouth

Just hit crappy tire. They have them and they're cheap. Had to do that when the connector on the Fizzer had undergone an emotional meltdown.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I usually just cut the connector off and use those nice insulated heat shrinked female spade connectors from princess auto and just crimp them to the wires (with lots of dielectric grease) and connect them right to the bulb! Never a problem yet!

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    Have u tried Sayal?
    There's no service there tho
    I didn't think they carried car stuff.. I will check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    Just hit crappy tire. They have them and they're cheap. Had to do that when the connector on the Fizzer had undergone an emotional meltdown.
    I did, they didn't have any Well, not the one I went to anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    I usually just cut the connector off and use those nice insulated heat shrinked female spade connectors from princess auto and just crimp them to the wires (with lots of dielectric grease) and connect them right to the bulb! Never a problem yet!

-Jamie M.
    That's pretty easy enough too! If I can't find one, then I'll go that route in the future.

I thought I needed to use the connector for my HID install, but I actually don't so for the time being, I'm good. I'll only ever need to get this sorted out if I revert back to stock!

Thanks for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d View Post
    I thought I needed to use the connector for my HID install, but I actually don't so for the time being, I'm good. I'll only ever need to get this sorted out if I revert back to stock!
    Nice! Which kit did you use? Full projectors or just HID's? PICS

-Jamie M.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Nice! Which kit did you use? Full projectors or just HID's? PICS

-Jamie M.
    I really wanted to do a retrofit with proper projectors but I can't find a spare headlight for my bike so I opted for the glare kit

I went with this kit, plug and play endorsed by the guys at VFRD!

If I ever come across a spare headlight for my bike, I will definitely go the projector route as that's what I've done on my car!

If I ever come across a spare headlight for my bike, I will definitely go the projector route as that's what I've done on my car!
    Why do you need a spare headlight? It only takes a few hours to open yours up and drop in some nice projectors. Someone on GTAM says they got nice projector kits for $100 but I haven't seen them personally, I usually use this kit from China and it's absolutely amazing for light output!! http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...ts/kt-mt5.html (those just mount right in your stock bulb holes! They have adapter rings for H4, 9007, etc!).

Nice looking HID kit! Pretty pricey but you can tell they put a lot of work into it! I installed this kit on my friends VFR, came to $55 including shipping, taxes, everything, received it super fast and works really amazing! Super nice cut off for HID's in a stock reflector too! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/55W-Bi-Xenon-...ht_7199wt_1163

Did the kit you use keep the highbeam/lowbeam functionality?

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Why do you need a spare headlight? It only takes a few hours to open yours up and drop in some nice projectors. Someone on GTAM says they got nice projector kits for $100 but I haven't seen them personally, I usually use this kit from China and it's absolutely amazing for light output!! http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcyc...ts/kt-mt5.html

Nice looking HID kit! Pretty pricey but you can tell they put a lot of work into it! I installed this kit on my friends VFR, came to $55 including shipping, taxes, everything, received it super fast and works really amazing! Super nice cut off for HID's in a stock reflector too! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/55W-Bi-Xenon-...ht_7199wt_1163

Did the kit you use keep the highbeam/lowbeam functionality?

-Jamie M.
    I'm a little anal when it comes to this kind of stuff.. always want the ability to revert back to stock!

The kit I bought was designed by a guy on VFRD. It came with two relays, and keeps functionality of everything which is great! I really like the second headlight delay (one comes on first, then after 5 seconds, the second one comes on) and that the HID lights won't turn on until the bike has been started and voltage at 13.5v.

I don't mind spending the money, especially giving it to someone who took the time to make sure everything works perfectly and super easy to install!

I don't mind spending the money, especially giving it to someone who took the time to make sure everything works perfectly and super easy to install!
    Nice!! Yeah, it sounds like this guy had some experience with HID's and took the time to address the most common issues (voltage drop during double fire at the same time, hot restrike due to starter, etc.). NICE!

I installed a kit on my GF's 01 Prelude yesterday, and OMG crazy plug and play! We were done in about 10 mins total!! My stupid car (07 Cobalt) I had to take the entire headlight assembly out to get at the bulbs

I'm in for pics and/or vids!

-Jamie M.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^