VRRA/RACE collaboration on 3 race series

Thread: VRRA/RACE collaboration on 3 race series

VRRA/RACE collaboration on 3 race series

BRAKING NEWS....

i just read on the vrra's "general information" forum that RACE and vrra are going to be running a combined 3 race vintage series for P4 (pre 1990). apparently a done deal. all that is left to decide is which 3 RACE weekends this will happen on.

thought you vintage folks might want to look into this.
    Last edited by boyoboy; 11-18-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

Re: VRRA/RACE collaboration on 3 race series

kind of a neat idea, If I read it correctly, it will be a 7 round series. All 4 VRRA rounds and 3 RACE events.

I'm guessing it's being introduced based on the relationship between the 2 clubs. After pulling the plug on the vintage classes for 2010 I suspect that RACE needed to do something to keep their biggest customer satisfied.
    Last edited by chinto; 11-18-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Since when was Vintage RACE's biggest customer?

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    Since when was Vintage RACE's biggest customer?
    not during the race weekends, but from what I understand, the Insurance and licensing for VRRA is purchased through RACE. The VRRA likely pays RACE, more $$ than anybody else....therefore I'm guessing they are RACE's biggest customer.

From what I understand, the vintage grids with RACE were light and did not dictate that the classes remain. Apparently it was announced that they would not run in 2010. I'm thinking some VRRA members expressed their concern and RACE came up with an alternative that at least allows some P4 bikes to compete for a few weekends with them.

My info comes from reading it on the different forums. If I have drawn the wrong conclusion, please enlighten me.
    Last edited by chinto; 11-18-2009 at 10:53 AM.

It will be a 6 race championship for P4 only (198x).
    3 VRRA (Mosport excluded) + 3 RACE (tbd)

/rs
    2002 FZS1000

-------------
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rsilk View Post
    It will be a 6 race championship for P4 only (198x).
    3 VRRA (Mosport excluded) + 3 RACE (tbd)

/rs
    thanks for the clarification.

Oh no!! A clarification! Not here!!
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert55 View Post
    Oh no!! A clarification! Not here!!

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    not during the race weekends, but from what I understand, the Insurance and licensing for VRRA is purchased through RACE. The VRRA likely pays RACE, more $$ than anybody else....therefore I'm guessing they are RACE's biggest customer.

I would say RACE and then PMP would be the biggest customer then VRRA

VRRA gets it insurance through RACE but RACE doesn't profit from it. For a rider to be covered by said insurance the rider MUST be licensed by the insuring body, hence the need for a RACE license to race at VRRA meets.
    This is common in the racing world.

In case you haven't noticed Chris Chappelle has a real soft spot for vintage.

(That wasn't a clarification, that was an explanation).

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    VRRA gets it insurance through RACE but RACE doesn't profit from it. For a rider to be covered by said insurance the rider MUST be licensed by the insuring body, hence the need for a RACE license to race at VRRA meets.
    This is common in the racing world.

In case you haven't noticed Chris Chappelle has a real soft spot for vintage.

(That wasn't a clarification, that was an explanation).
    Being that I was once involved with VRRA organization and know the numbers that were paid at that time for coverage. I also run my own series and am also familiar with third party liability coverage for roadracing.
    RACE most defineately "profits" from providing coverage to both VRRA and PMP. Alot more than you think. The only reason that you need a RACE license and a RACE referee is present is that its technically a RACE event and coverage is bought for it in that light.
    Why PMP buys it as its easy. No school. No licensing issues. Reduced liability and responsibility.
    Why VRRA buys it is baffling. They already do their own license (membership) and school. They only do four events per year and the bikes are for the most part slower. I dont know what they could purchase it for directly but my guess is the premium would be less than my series or RACE on a per event basis.
    When I was involved with the VRRA (ending 2004) they were paying then over twice what I pay now for coverage. That doesnt include the cost of memberships and a RACE license. So unless RACE has really reduced the price the VRRA is paying two to three times the actual cost.
    I spoke to the VRRA executive last year and asked, why? Why dont they buy their own? I recieved a typical VRRA wishy washy answer so that was the end of the conversation.
    If you go back beyond 2004 and look at AGM minutes I brought up this matter many times at the AGM and occationally it was sent to commitee to discuss but mostly I was just shushed. The VRRA sometimes just seems destined to self destruct. Shame really. For a bunch of old farts that worry about bank accounts and cash constantly even though they sit on a six figure cash cusihion its baffling why they spend thousands every year unnessarily.
    Dont for one second think that this is not profit generating for RACE. I wish I had that "non-profiting" business. Any time the VRRA wants to reduce their insurance costs give them my number I could cut it drastically and still make a tidy profit.
    Last edited by kneedragger88; 12-22-2009 at 02:50 PM.