West end ramping vid - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: West end ramping vid

Re: West end ramping vid

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Nice form in those vids. What are you riding that's 802cc and 16000rpm redline?
    2006 Gsxr 600 w750 motor with the tac off the 600 still. I've beat the crap out of it as you can likely tell from the pic.
    http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...e/MO1_8621.jpg
    It'll be getting a face lift this winter.

As for the screen name it has nothing to do with bikes. It's the displacement from an old big bore stoker Kaw jetski motor I built back in the late 90's.

Later
    Steve

I know I know it's not a video, I'll get some next season,
    BUT at least I took off my
    PLATE!!!

www.89racing.com
    MotoDen/MW-Toronto, Accelerated Technologies, Clarington Cycle, Peterborough PowerSports, Galfer, Hindle

Quote Originally Posted by wmcphee89 View Post
    PLATE!!!

NICE!!!!

You can tell people you were leaning so much you were scraping fairings (Just don't tell them its because you didn't tigten the ziptie enough)

I did the same thing in practice once. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post
    NICE!!!!

You can tell people you were leaning so much you were scraping fairings (Just don't tell them its because you didn't tigten the ziptie enough)

I did the same thing in practice once. lol
    Lol it's tight, the dogbone is low on the zx6r and a highside re aligned my bodywork for me
    otherwise... Good times lol,
    www.89racing.com
    MotoDen/MW-Toronto, Accelerated Technologies, Clarington Cycle, Peterborough PowerSports, Galfer, Hindle

Lol it's tight, the dogbone is low on the zx6r and a highside re aligned my bodywork for me
    otherwise... Good times lol,

I remeber your highside! I was right next to you (black R1) coming out of the carousel. Impressive!

OP take note :

You get to laugh with your friends about learning mistakes from crashing at the track.
    On the street you visit your friends in hospital or the morgue.

I'm bored...

This thread needs more pictures of hot chicks.

Sorry, someone had to do it :/
    There is no planet B.

I remeber your highside! I was right next to you (black R1) coming out of the carousel. Impressive!

OP take note :

You get to laugh with your friends about learning mistakes from crashing at the track.
    On the street you visit your friends in hospital or the morgue.

I'm bored...

I thought that was u, I remember for 3 laps or so I was chasing you, I'd catch u in every corner and tuck inside before the straights but that R1 kept pulling away on the straights. I almost crapper my pants when I finally got around you on route to
    2, then I tryed to settle in and over shot the carosel , not gonna lie it was kinda
    fun. Thanks to the help from Westbrook we were back out. Good times...
    www.89racing.com

I thought that was u, I remember for 3 laps or so I was chasing you, I'd catch u in every corner and tuck inside before the straights but that R1 kept pulling away on the straights. I almost crapper my pants when I finally got around you on route to
    2, then I tryed to settle in and over shot the carosel , not gonna lie it was kinda
    fun. Thanks to the help from Westbrook we were back out. Good times...
    Yah I remebered you did a brass balls pass on me through the chicanes, I boxed the carousel picked it up and got on the gas really quick, I sort of thought the fact that I was coming up on you really hard when you were still leaned over was what cased you to get on the gas early and highside.

Doh! Sorry. BBQ on me at Round 1!

Take note OP :

This is more fun than "tearing it up" on the ramps.
    Its ok everyone does it when they start, now you know what took me and most guys years to learn.... See you in SOAR next year!

PLATE!!!

$20 says you cant make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by eng2007 View Post
    $20 says you cant make it out.
    your on gray bush

remember I've seen ur riding, lol
    ANYBODY else want in on this action????
    Easy $20
    Last edited by wmcphee89; 11-20-2009 at 07:08 PM.
    www.89racing.com

Quote Originally Posted by hot12 View Post
    Are you asking for feedback on riding or the video taping?

For riding, on a scale of 1 to 10, you need some practice.

Try this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9zUgQV-VN8&feature=channel
    lol, thanks i appreciate the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by steve802cc View Post
    Take it to the track just once and you'll realize why everybody is so hard on you.
    I learned more at my first trackday than in the first 20 yrs I had my M.

Some track vids from Calabogie and Mosport.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3OpW4k8KNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylro8ThOoT4

A little lean angle shot for you
    http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...e/MO1_8621.jpg

Good luck.
    Steve
    wow thats some crazy angles on display. thanks for this because its exactly what im looking for. its so hard to find stuff like this by searching, you kind of have to be led to it.

Quote Originally Posted by eng2007 View Post
    wow thats some crazy angles on display. thanks for this because its exactly what im looking for. its so hard to find stuff like this by searching, you kind of have to be led to it.
    Thanks.

Lets put the speed thing in perspective.
    What does your average street squid (non racer/trackday guy) hit for speed on an on-ramp?? 100kph maybe 120km. Boring!!

In the mosport vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylro8ThOoT4
    I'm running fourth gear between 175-200kph thru corners 1,2,4 and 8.
    Corner 4 is almost completely taken at 200 until I have to roll off for #5 and I'm nothing special. All or most racers are faster as well as many trackday guys.

You can see why a lot of us have no interest in running on ramps anymore.

At the track there's no cops, cars, little old ladies etc to worry about.

Be safe.

Steve

wicked pic steve, now I have to throw one of me in here

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/kellen_h/TG1.jpg

Man y'all sounding like grandma. How about some constructive criticism?

To the OP.

Like it was said before, you had a good time... you played around with a video... no one got hurt. If you would have been tearing it up like the greek guy video, you would have been called a squid and criticized for that too.

Now about track riding.... all you track Nazis might want to fly a kite right now ... Yes the track is a better place to explore your riding limits, this coming from someone who currently only has a track bike. Having said that, when I started riding, trackdays weren't exactly en-vogue. I wanted to IMPROVE my skills so that if I encountered a dangerous situation, I'd know how to better handle a bike. First place I got my right knee down was Eglington -> 427 south ramp and the first time I got my left knee down was the "oval" (since gated) near Winston Churchill and QEW. Both were places that were relatively safe and in both cases I would do a few "passes" to make sure there wasn't crap on the road. Yes it would be great if motorcycle licencing required graduation from F.A.S.T., but many will never see the track. IMO, if one who doesn't want to go to the track, takes some time to practice, by checking out ramps a head of time, going to business parks off hours, practicing leaning, practicing emergency braking etc... plus by taking some precautionary measures ... you can make things relatively safe and still learn A LOT more than if you are just putt putting around the hood.

So bottom line.... yes the track is THE BEST place to learn how to ride. It is even better if you start off by taking a track school like FAST or Turn2. Having said that, I wouldn't discount learning on the street either.... there are ways to do it in a relatively safe manner. At the end of the day it is better to practice then to not practice at all and be encountered with a situation where you have no clue what to do. One more thing, even after I had done FAST and had done various trackdays, if I went on a long street ride, usually at the end I would go practice things like emergency braking and what not. You can never have enough practice. Something you will rarely encounter on the track (in a controlled manner) unless it is raining... is to practice locking up the front wheel on a dirty surface and releasing the brake quickly enough for the bike not to crash. By practicing emergency braking in a dirty parking lot you can practice this... so when it happens on the street, you know who to react.

Have fun out there and practice lots.... go to a track school if you can, since you can get bad habits if you only do trackdays.
    Last edited by Metastable; 11-21-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    This is considered "ENJOYABLE?"
    anyone at tim horton's will full-heartedly find it enjoyable. lol
    The funk. The jive. The boogie. The rock and roll.

For the chunky guy on the lead bike....slide your cheek off the seat and straighten your head, you're all twisted like a crazy straw.

The first couple minutes will explain this and makes turning alot easier (don't necessarily stick your knee out though as it's grimey outside...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg3BMGe52M

Decent editing and surprisingly good quality for an old cam tied up on wooden blocks.