After spending a bit of time to import the bike (couldn't find a broker, so I had to take time off to do it myself) I found the friendliest place to cross into Canada was the Lewiston bridge. Detroit was nowhere near as friendly with everything on the bike and related paperwork. After running into that issue, I talked to people at Niagara, Lewiston and Fort Erie. Just thought I'd share in case anyone does that and has the option of where to go. Not only did I have no hassles that I did at the other ports with my bike, they filled in all the other paperwork for my other 3 vehicles still in the US that the other ports said I couldn't file for and would have to pay taxes on. (Because I didn't have the VIN numbers when I first crossed the boarder since I didn't have the vehicles with me.)

Overall, hands down I'd say it was a night and day experience and worth making sure you cross there. I talked to 5 different people at that one place and all seemed just as nice, so I assume it's just the work atmosphere there.