Your Teenager Announces They Are Gay. - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Teenager Announces They Are Gay.

Re: Your Teenager Announces They Are Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    Good job you decided not to have kids.
    I'm quite happy about it thanks

Guys are kinda funny on the whole GAY situation.....its ok for US guys to see two girls kiss and make out and we think its ok but turn the table and have two guys kiss....i am GUILTY to that I wouldn't be able to watch and I would feel sick to my stomach.........its wrong to be like that but we do it...

Banned

From the man who openly wears a skirt....hmmm....

LOL. Hadta man.

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    Just out of curiosity,

Yetti wonders how many of the pople reading this , that want to appear holier than thou, by saying they wouldnt be upset, or what the big deal is..

How many of you are christians ? Cause Everyone knows the Church's answer to Homosexuality.

ooops... sorry about that can of worms.

Banned

Whats this "we" **** whiteman?

Quote Originally Posted by rich6969 View Post
    Guys are kinda funny on the whole GAY situation.....its ok for US guys to see two girls kiss and make out and we think its ok but turn the table and have two guys kiss....i am GUILTY to that I wouldn't be able to watch and I would feel sick to my stomach.........its wrong to be like that but we do it...

Quote Originally Posted by anth1414 View Post
    lets all call a spade a spade.....this site is mostly men.
    Hmmmmm. That brings to mind the often bandied about 10% statistic. Let's say it's over estimated by a factor of 4, that still leaves quite a few gay guys ripping around the GTA on their sport bikes (and posting here). Just some food for thought. Enjoy your lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodish View Post
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

I'm surprised people are taking such a complacent approach to it. What makes you think a teen knows what they want, or what turn their sexuality has taken? You think kids are born "flaming"? I think there's a lot of societal influences in this "decision" and it's your job as a parent to make sure that whatever may be the case in terms of sexuality, that you're open to discussing it and guiding your child to what truly makes them happy. You may have your own preferences, andt hat's fine. But it's really about the child's happiness, not yours.

I think it should be more about discussion and making sure that sexuality is really dictated by the child's own needs and not by the needs of the social circles they've been accepted into.

what no grand kids? Upsetting, well any major changes in life would be upsetting.

I can't imagine some one choosing to be gay seeing what so many gay people have to deal with (some places beaten to death, who would choose that?).

I know what the bible (old testament) says about homosexuality, but I also know what it says about slavery, selling your not necessarily gay daughter into slavery, working the sabbath, eating bacon, shell fish, and the manufacture of the clothes you wear. But i think this was covered in the atheist sees big bang thread.

And did anyone else note that anth1414 wants pics of 15 year old lesbians? Jamie might be able to hook you up.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by dankyyz View Post
    Whats this "we" **** whiteman?
    WE......most guys....

Quote Originally Posted by WildKitty View Post
    Anyways... I encouraged her to really think about it as it is not something you say lightly. She took it to heart and she dated both sexes. She's getting married to a great guy next year
    I dated a girl for over a year that dated girls (and guys) before dating me. This is actually not THAT common though. A lot of girls will fool around with girls but WON'T seriously date them. To some of these girls, screwing around with girls is seen as "innocent" and "safe" while men are seen as the predators. Like screwing around with a guy they feel like they're being used but with a girl it's somehow "different". Also, a lot of girls, ESPECIALLY, in Toronto are also very standoffish towards guys approaching them and some will pretty much tell a guy like me to **** OFF before I even get a word in but a girl initiating is "safe" and therefore "ok". Than there is the whole "man hating" phase some girls go through and turn to girls......damn, this is honestly a toppic I could go on about for hours.

I've also "dated" a girl not too long ago who's brother was gay and we went on a "double date" with him and his boyfriend once. It was actually pretty funny. Gay men are WAAAAAY more liberal sexually than most straight people. Luckily he didn't go into TOO much details in front of his sister.

Honestly, I would be a bit bummed out if my son was gay. I mean, you want to talk to your son about girls, dating, etc from time to time. Give him props if he's dating a hot chick, etc. Can't do that with a gay son. The prospect of grandkids also goes out the window. I would accept it but I would prefer this wasn't the case.
    Current: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Past: 2005 Ducati S2R 800 Dark

I think it should be more about discussion and making sure that sexuality is really dictated by the child's own needs and not by the needs of the social circles they've been accepted into.
    Those may be one and the same.

And I do believe that some kids are born gay. I know one. The guy was gay for as long as anyone can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by froghammer View Post
    Those may be one and the same.

And I do believe that some kids are born gay. I know one. The guy was gay for as long as anyone can remember.
    I am sure some are and I have no problem with it, but are the ganstas and overweight kids born like that also? I think the media push on acceptance glorifies homosexuality to the point that it might confuse some kids.

Quote Originally Posted by yettiman121 View Post
    How many of you are christians ? Cause Everyone knows the Church's answer to Homosexuality.

ooops... sorry about that can of worms.
    I am a Christian. My personal view on homosexuality is that I don't care. Really. If one considers oneself gay, it's fine with me. I've got enough of my own problems to deal with to worry very much about you - especially something as seemingly unimportant as who you love. To love and be loved is the more important thing than "whom." I do know that God loves us both equally, and only wants the best for us.

But to be terribly honest, if it were my own son, there would be great discomfort, not because I would feel any need to shun/disown/cure/what-have-you, but just becoming accustomed to a new paradigm. I'd swim thru lava for my kids. Having one come out is small potatoes compared to the myriad other challenges in life.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    I am sure some are and I have no problem with it, but are the ganstas and overweight kids born like that also?

Anthony Burgess dealt with that question quite well in his book A Clockwork Orange.
    Last edited by FullMotoJacket; 11-10-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    So it's ok for hooligan riders and drivers to endanger the lives of impaired drivers?
    Unfortunately, since we seldom put people in jail for traffic offences

I'm surprised people are taking such a complacent approach to it. What makes you think a teen knows what they want, or what turn their sexuality has taken? You think kids are born "flaming"? I think there's a lot of societal influences in this "decision" and it's your job as a parent to make sure that whatever may be the case in terms of sexuality, that you're open to discussing it and guiding your child to what truly makes them happy. You may have your own preferences, andt hat's fine. But it's really about the child's happiness, not yours.

WOW, what a topic for politically correct Canada.

Here's what I think. I tend to agree with most of what you said here and believe that, as a parent I should guide my kids along making them aware of what is right and wrong in your mind(some people have different ideas on what this is). I may feel that if I allow my kids to think that things like homosexuality is perfectly fine, then I haven't given them all the facts in a decision they may make on a whim as a child/ teenager, who really hasn't found or understood themselves or the world around them.

I'm a product of a Caribbean upbringing and would most likely have a fit, what happens after that is anyones guess
    Last edited by toybm; 11-10-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    I may feel that if I allow my kids to think that things like homosexuality is perfectly fine, then I haven't given them all the facts in a decision they may make on a whim as a child/ teenager, who really hasn't found or understood themselves or the world around them.
    Not picking on you toybm but I always find this view point interesting.

No on has a problem with kids being straight. No one bats an eyelash at the sexual misgivings of straight kids. No one thinks that's a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by toybm View Post
    I may feel that if I allow my kids to think that things like homosexuality is perfectly fine, then I haven't given them all the facts in a decision they may make on a whim as a child/ teenager, who really hasn't found or understood themselves or the world around them.

I'm a product of a Caribbean upbringing and would most likely have a fit, what happens after that is anyones guess
    replace 'homosexuality' with 'Different skin colour'

Does your statement still sound valid in your head?

Caribbean people are the biggest hypocrits. They want an end to descriminations in society based on race yet want to hate and act violent towards another group of people because of who they are. hmm pot meet kettle?

Hate for Gay people needs to stop being passed parent to child just like racism needs to not be passed from parent to child.

Not picking on you toybm but I always find this view point interesting.

No on has a problem with kids being straight. No one bats an eyelash at the sexual misgivings of straight kids. No one thinks that's a whim.
    To answer your question and I hope this doesn't cause hard feelings but that's because in the world I live in, straight kids/ people are considered normal.
    He's not the only one with a personality disorder on this website. He just 'acquired' his. Others are born with theirs.

time to get a place on church street...isabella street has a few places with available apartments...woohoo...fresh meat...

let's say you brought a male up, talked about becoming grandparents, spend thousands on education... now he's come out and realize you'll never see said grandchild and wonder if you'll invite him to a family reunion again with his mate.

put yourself in the parents' shoes. its easy to say "its okay with me"... but children are a personal investment. you won't know what it feels like until it happens to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Azim View Post
    let's say you brought a male up, talked about becoming grandparents, spend thousands on education... now he's come out and realize you'll never see said grandchild and wonder if you'll invite him to a family reunion again with his mate.

put yourself in the parents' shoes. its easy to say "its okay with me"... but children are a personal investment. you won't know what it feels like until it happens to you.
    If you treat your children like an investment with expected returns than that parent has a serious problem other than homophobia.