Firebird International Speedway

Thread: Firebird International Speedway

Firebird International Speedway

Well, I had a track day with AZTrackdays at the Main track of Firebird. Interesting track. During the sighting laps there was dust everywhere!!! Of course, duh, it's the desert. But the sun warmed the track up quickly and everything got sticky in no time. Except for the first turn which is quite slippery, the track was fun. Highlight of the day was watching the owner Ted, take people out on his specially equipped two-up bike for rides. Talk about "deer in the headlight" eyes as the people got on the back of the bike. Ted is famous for heading into the turn with his passenger and sliding his left hand over the pavement as he is going around the corner (or in this case holding his girlfriend's hand!) There are a couple of pics on www.Francosp.com (Nov 1st track day) page 12. I am new to track and maybe it's no big deal to do that...but it still looked cool and oh so romantic!!
    Actions speak louder than words

Re: Firebird International Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by pecas View Post
    Well, I had a track day with AZTrackdays at the Main track of Firebird. Interesting track. During the sighting laps there was dust everywhere!!! Of course, duh, it's the desert. But the sun warmed the track up quickly and everything got sticky in no time. Except for the first turn which is quite slippery, the track was fun. Highlight of the day was watching the owner Ted, take people out on his specially equipped two-up bike for rides. Talk about "deer in the headlight" eyes as the people got on the back of the bike. Ted is famous for heading into the turn with his passenger and sliding his left hand over the pavement as he is going around the corner (or in this case holding his girlfriend's hand!) There are a couple of pics on www.Francosp.com (Nov 1st track day) page 12. I am new to track and maybe it's no big deal to do that...but it still looked cool and oh so romantic!!
    Come out to a SOAR round next year at TMP. Scott Rupert does this on a GSXR1000 last year he was doing 1:18 with a passenger

Re: Firebird International Speedway

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Come out to a SOAR round next year at TMP. Scott Rupert does this on a GSXR1000 last year he was doing 1:18 with a passenger
    And wheelies!
    *~Maggie~*