insurance on r1? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: insurance on r1?

Banned

Re: insurance on r1?

Chicks LOVE vespas. and boys that get banned once a month for next to nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Sell it and get a vespa, much better rates

athif is full of ****. Take your own stand man

Quote Originally Posted by nywing View Post
    I'm pretty sure racetrack = crash, slide, grass
    street would be crash, sewer cap slide, curb, lamppost, other car riding over his head...
    How is that recommending his death?

(I do agree that he wouldn't have much fun on the track starting off on an r1 tho)
    because things happen much quicker, which only street experience can teach you how to handle.

instead of doing 50 km/h around a gentle bend where your leaning 15 degrees, on the track your doing 4 times that and leaning 60 degrees,
    with an r1 its very easy to get on the power too soon causing a highside, if theres a concrete wall there this would cause a problem.

crashing on the track is not what we tell our girlfriends = crash, slide, come to a gentle stop on fluffy grass unfortunately. look what happened to trombino at mosport last year, a professional rider on a one litre. he was almost killed.

also dont forget other riders safety on the track, an immature kid on a r1 who has no concept of much would make me change groups very fast. luckily i dont rider beginner group

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    because things happen much quicker, which only street experience can teach you how to handle.

instead of doing 50 km/h around a gentle bend where your leaning 15 degrees, on the track your doing 4 times that and leaning 60 degrees,
    with an r1 its very easy to get on the power too soon causing a highside, if theres a concrete wall there this would cause a problem.

crashing on the track is not what we tell our girlfriends = crash, slide, come to a gentle stop on fluffy grass unfortunately. look what happened to trombino at mosport last year, a professional rider on a one litre. he was almost killed.

also dont forget other riders safety on the track, an immature kid on a r1 who has no concept of much would make me change groups very fast. luckily i dont rider beginner group
    what you are saying makes sense, i haven't been to any of the tracks here in toronto, so i didn't expect there to be walls on the other side of corners lol (sorry about that)

The track is definitely the place to learn in my mind, but definitely not on an r1, i guess that's the point a lot of us recommanding the track isn't remembering, ie, that he has an r1 and is very determined that he can handle it... (heck, i wouldn't even drive an r1 on the streets lol)

60 degrees? What are you a Moto GP racer?
    The best street tires allow just over 40 degrees of lean, and good DOT rae tires allow almost another 10 degrees.
    Guys like Rossi and Hopins etc, can manage 60+.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

sorry i dont take my lean angle calculator to the track but the specific details of lean angle are irrelevant, its the point that is being made that is important.

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    60 degrees? What are you a Moto GP racer?
    The best street tires allow just over 40 degrees of lean, and good DOT rae tires allow almost another 10 degrees.
    Guys like Rossi and Hopins etc, can manage 60+.
    how about this? dont know how much lean that is though.