insurance on r1? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: insurance on r1?

Re: insurance on r1?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoTTY88 View Post
    Your gonna be looking at $3000 liability and probably 5-7 for full coverage.

i guess triple that, but more likely they wont even insure.

post up quotes when you get them

Quote Originally Posted by geoff-9 View Post
    i guess triple that, but more likely they wont even insure.

post up quotes when you get them
    The Facility Association would be the only option in this situation.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Banned

well i geuss u guys are right, a co worker said she can get me insured for 100 month with her uncles insurance. But ye im probably not going to take that bike out yet, im gonna get a 500cc or maaaybe a 250 to get used to the road, then maybe a year or 2 later insure the r1 and take it out

too many trucks where i live, and all of them are stupid drivers. They all forcefully push their way into lanes, so i guess if i get a good rate with the r1 i will insure it, but take it out just to small empty country roads around mayfield and Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by athif View Post
    well i geuss u guys are right, a co worker said she can get me insured for 100 month with her uncles insurance.
    I'm not understanding this. What is "her uncle's insurance"? There absolutely no way that you would ever be able to insure the R1 for $100/mo.

But ye im probably not going to take that bike out yet, im gonna get a 500cc or maaaybe a 250 to get used to the road, then maybe a year or 2 later insure the r1 and take it out
    That's the best decision that you've made to date.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I'm not understanding this. What is "her uncle's insurance"? There absolutely no way that you would ever be able to insure the R1 for $100/mo.

That's the best decision that you've made to date.

lol i dun no, that's what im thinking, its a private insurer or something,

i got the bike under my name now

right now im just taking the bike out on the empty road down the street, just circling and stuff, just getting the hang of it, probably gonna get a damper cause it likes to turn reallly easily

lol i dun no, that's what im thinking, its a private insurer or something,
    I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that you are going to be insured on an R1 for a mere $100/mo. If someone claims that they will insure you for $100/mo, they are scamming you with a fake policy.

i got the bike under my name now

right now im just taking the bike out on the empty road down the street, just circling and stuff, just getting the hang of it, probably gonna get a damper cause it likes to turn reallly easily
    Taking your bike out without insurance (even just on your street) is a terrible idea for obvious reasons.

Banned

I can guarantee you, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is absolutely no way on God's green Earth that you are going to be insured on an R1 for a mere $100/mo. If someone claims that they will insure you for $100/mo, they are scamming you with a fake policy.

Taking your bike out without insurance (even just on your street) is a terrible idea for obvious reasons.

ye thats what im geussing, she drives with her insurance for 100 a month, im geussing it is a scam, just legal enough to get the bike on the road lol.

but ye i know taking it on the street will get me in ****, its a secluded round about, people dont mind as long as i dont rev to much...

ye thats what im geussing, she drives with her insurance for 100 a month, im geussing it is a scam, just legal enough to get the bike on the road lol.
    I'm not saying that SHE can't get insurance for $100/mo, but you definitely can't. You are a 19yo male on a bike that is much too powerful for a beginner and you have no experience on the road. Insurance companies have no interest in such risks.

Banned

I'm not saying that SHE can't get insurance for $100/mo, but you definitely can't. You are a 19yo male on a bike that is much too powerful for a beginner and you have no experience on the road. Insurance companies have no interest in such risks.
    probably, i know that alot of indian people around my area do this insurance gimmick, il see what she can do, if not then maybe il spend the rest of the cash on a 500cc ninja maybe even put in a little work money i saved.

probably, i know that alot of indian people around my area do this insurance gimmick, il see what she can do, if not then maybe il spend the rest of the cash on a 500cc ninja maybe even put in a little work money i saved.
    It's not called a gimmick.. it's called fraud.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

but ye i know taking it on the street will get me in ****, its a secluded round about, people dont mind as long as i dont rev to much...
    The cops, if they catch you, will mind. Trust me. Considering the cavalier attitude you display here in your various posts, if you display anywhere near that to a cop when caught - chances are that they'll nail you for everything in the book to reinforce the illegality of what you are doing.. don't matter what sort of road it is on, if it's a public road it's game on for the cops. In which case, you can expect more of your inheritance windfall to just 'blow away..'.

You mentioned the steering damper again.. apparently you fail to read posts closely, because you still don't understand what a damper's purpose is. A Supersport's steering geometry is designed to turn in easily. If the front end is actually 'flopping around'.. then your steering head bearings are way loose.. in which case replace if worn, tighten if loose.
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 11-07-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post

You mentioned the steering damper again.. apparently you fail to read posts closely, because you still don't understand what a damper's purpose is. A Supersport's steering geometry is designed to turn in easily. If the front end is actually 'flopping around'.. then your steering head bearings are way loose.. in which case replace if worn, tighten if loose.
    Through all the hard jokes Bill, its good to see you care a bit to maybe be helping him from a safety issue and helping him understand a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcbrrr View Post
    Through all the hard jokes Bill, its good to see you care a bit to maybe be helping him from a safety issue and helping him understand a bit more.
    Not to blow my own horn.. but that is basically all i have concern over - his safety. Despite my 'hard jokes' (is that the same as bad jokes? - if so, guilty as charged) the last place i want to see this guy, is in the Obits or on the police blotter.

The jokes come out of personal frustration that he just doesn't get it - or for anyone else that i'm directing the jokes or sarcasm at, for that matter. I have no way to reach through this computer screen and slap some sense into someone, nor do i wish to collect bad boy points on the forum insulting the hell out of someone who desperately needs it. So bad jokes it is.

My fear is that athif simply doesn't realize how much he has to potentially lose with his R1, and piss poor judgement, or lack of knowlege. Nothing more. He might not like the 'fathering'.. i'm only sorry that he can't see that the intention of it, is in his best interests.

Sorry for the thread-jack.
    Last edited by Bandit Bill; 11-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Are you saying that you are willing to pay someone money for a useless piece of paper? The pink slip means absolutely nothing if there is no insurance policy behind it. Do you know how fast the $200K inheritance would be taken away from you if you are in an acident? VERY fast.

Banned

laws suck, i just wanna ride my bike

il just truck the bike to my uncles lot and ride there, no point if i cant show off with it

u gonna show off for your uncle?
    cool.

Banned

lol i geuss, who knows maybe this insurance might work out and i might get coverage

you know what you can do though is bring the bike to a race track or go kart track and ride it there. much more fun than the streets. and im sure your father will be very happy about it too.

Banned

does it need to be plated?

Nope.