Yamaha Out - Bombshell !! - Page 3

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha Out - Bombshell !!

Re: Yamaha Out - Bombshell !!

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post
    They'd laugh at mosport.
    And did, boycotted Mosport in 1990

Sorry to see a factory team bail on the Canadian Road Racing scene, however its true the fan base is near zero, and the ROI on Canadian Racing is near zero.

Also with only six rounds, and with TV coverage being shown weeks after the event it really does not make any sense to keep pouring dollars into a marketing exercise that is not yielding any returns.

18 people actually showed up.
    That's cause your old and can't attract the younger women. Sorry just had too...
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
    Not to threadjack or anything but if you're going to have spectators at races like SOAR you should probably have somewhere for them to sit and watch the race too.
    working on that, problem is the nature of TMP track leads to no good place to put a grandstand

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    working on that, problem is the nature of TMP track leads to no good place to put a grandstand
    tell em to use the berm parallel to the front straight (not Vu's berm though). They could build right onto the berm and save themselves some $$ on materials.

I noted a nice spot to watch was from the drag strip return road.

a barrier would need to be in from, but it gave a great view of a couple of corners

Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    That's cause your old and can't attract the younger women. Sorry just had too...

Your mom showed up!

and I was younger than you when I did this.

Plus, I was able to ride around above a walking pace.

I'm sure it's in the works and will be nice when it actually happens. If there were more pavement at TMP (twice widtch it is now in the pit lane) you could run similar to SHannonville and have the grandstands against the wall and have people pit underneath.

Grandstand built into the hill between after turn 1 exit and turn 2 entry ??? On the plus side they'll have an excellent view if anybody attempts a Vu! Plus it's the best spot to see what's actually going on where it matters, the infield. While still allowing them an easy walkway via a paved pathway at the top of the hill. Dreaming
    SOAR Novice #113

Grandstand built into the hill between after turn 1 exit and turn 2 entry ??? On the plus side they'll have an excellent view if anybody attempts a Vu! Plus it's the best spot to see what's actually going on where it matters, the infield. While still allowing them an easy walkway via a paved pathway at the top of the hill. Dreaming
    downside is a wall will need to be put up. And as you saw a couple of times this past season, a few riders would end up hitting that wall at a pretty good speed.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    tell em to use the berm parallel to the front straight (not Vu's berm though). They could build right onto the berm and save themselves some $$ on materials.
    Not that simple. First the grass leading to it is like a swamp. Second the insurance will want a barrier fence to keep spectators from the action. Its a long way back from the action as well as the crappers.
    Not to mention attracting spectators to the "noise barrier" may be an issue with the county. To be honest SBK racing starting in 10 minutes.......hump your butt up the big hill or go to the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    downside is a wall will need to be put up. And as you saw a couple of times this past season, a few riders would end up hitting that wall at a pretty good speed.
    Yah I'm going to go through a few sets of forks next season if we build a wall there.

Not that simple. First the grass leading to it is like a swamp. Second the insurance will want a barrier fence to keep spectators from the action. Its a long way back from the action as well as the crappers.
    Not to mention attracting spectators to the "noise barrier" may be an issue with the county. To be honest SBK racing starting in 10 minutes.......hump your butt up the big hill or go to the wall?
    Come on Ken,

These guys have all the answers, I think its time you stepped down and let some people with some REAL experience run things.

nothing is ever that simple I forgot about the swampy grass, but hell, the CT70 can get through it it can't be that bad....besides so what if the fans have to watch the races with soakers.

Come on Ken,

These guys have all the answers, I think its time you stepped down and let some people with some REAL experience run things.
    don't profess to have all the answers...hell I don't even claim to have one of the answers. I do however offer a lot of suggestions. Occasionally I come up with a good one.
    Last edited by chinto; 11-04-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Go back and read the posts in the track day section about people bitching about how far the washroom are from the pits. Putting spectators at the furthest possible spot from the facilities is probably not the best idea. I say rent the portable grandstands (think orange ones at fairgrounds). and line the pit lane about 30 feet from the wall. temp concrete barrier to line the front of the grandstands, and create a narrow 10-20' pit lane. nice and central, a raised viewpoint there gives a nice enough view of the track, and it's temporary. The sad part is that attendance would probably not even be close to enough to pay for the weekend rental.
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/306/signaturelj4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Even Mosport?
    Have you seen the surface at mosport....

Kinda hard to execute a nice WSB/GP style slide when your wheels are airborne 45% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Have you seen the surface at mosport....

Kinda hard to execute a nice WSB/GP style slide when your wheels are airborne 45% of the time.
    What about Calabogie or Tremblant?
    SOAR Novice #113

What about Calabogie or Tremblant?
    I don't think they would risk the barriers... steel and big $$ racers do not go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Even Mosport?
    the last time world superbike was at Mosport in the 90's most of the top riders wouldn't ride for safety concerns