RoadAwareness.org - New Articles - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RoadAwareness.org - New Articles

Somewhere...but I'm not lost. Well...maybe a little.

Re: RoadAwareness Winter Car Control Contest #1

We are excited to announce the upcoming launch of “Ian’s Laws for Better Driving”. This e-newsletter will be an extraction from the over 500 driving tips contained in Ian Law’s book “The Seven Deadly Sins of Driving”. Ian Law is the founder of www.carcontrolschool.com

When you subscribe to receive the e-newsletter we will send you one or two driving tips every week or so, along with information about other driving events, driving education and special offers that our contacts have asked us to present for your consideration.

You may opt out at any time and we will NOT share your e-mail address with anyone else.

Over the next few weeks we will be sending invitations out to over 4000 people who have been associated with ILR Car Control School in the past few years. This includes students, suppliers, journalists that Ian corresponds with and other interested parties. BUT……

We are very responsible and do not want to SPAM people so we have decided to use the AWEBER double – opt-in mailing list service to verify that you would like to receive Ian’s e-newsletter.

We invite you to sign up so that you will be on the mailing list for the first e-newsletter in the next couple of weeks.

To sign up, please follow this link and click the large blue button on the right of the page to enter your information.

http://www.carcontrolschool.com/word...-to-ians-laws/

New Post: Is In-Car Technology Going Too Far?

In the last couple decades, the number of crashes on our roads has gone up drastically whilst the number of fatalities each year has fallen. You could argue that the increases in collisions are directly related to an increase in the number of vehicles on our roads, which to a point is true. The number of fatalities though has fallen, simply because automotive manufacturers have made their products more…crashable. Billions of dollars are spent each year on research & development on both ‘passive’ safety and ‘active’ safety in passenger vehicles. Manufacturers realized a long time ago that their customers are horrible drivers and therefore they needed to develop technology to help drivers survive crashes (passive safety) and better yet, avoid crashes altogether (active safety). However, hardly anything has been spent on making drivers safer. The driver is by far the most important safety feature of any vehicle and also the worst; so why isn’t the driver focused on more?

Click here to read the full article: http://www.roadawareness.org/news/is...going-too-far/

Re: RoadAwareness.org - New Articles

All three articles stress on different things and if read together, make a strong case for the need of good drivers, the mindset and what you can do to be responsible on the roads. very interesting reads. particularly liked the ne about the mindset. its a test i'm going to apply when i get behind the wheel/handles next. Thanks Shaun!

Re: RoadAwareness.org - New Articles

Moto Crashes on the Rise

It’s not much of a leap of logic to realize that with the arrival of Spring, motorcycle crashes are on the rise. This happens every year around this time – more bikes on the road equals more bikes involved in crashes. Although what’s bothersome about this is that most of the motorcycle crashes this time of year involve other vehicles at intersections. What’s also bothersome is that in most cases where a motorcycle is involved in a crash with another vehicle, the fault of the collision falls on the driver…not the rider.

The most common thing the driver says….”I didn’t see them”.

Click here for more…