Bickle tire warmers question

Thread: Bickle tire warmers question

Bickle tire warmers question

What kind of power is required to run the standard set of Bickle Tire warmers?

I can t seem to find a definite answer ...

If i had a 1000 watt generator .. would that be sufficent enough at a track day ?
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Re: Bickle tire warmers question

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...e+tire+warmers

I learned alot...have fun reading.
    "Honestly officer I broke my scaphoid and the doctor fused my throttle hand wide open!"

Bickles will run under 1000 Watt's nominal.

so, if you have a 1000Watt Generator (usually Peak is 1200Watt) then you are fine.

I actually run Bickle warmers on a 1000watt generator.

It has run well for me all season without an issue, but in retrospect I would probably want 1500watts continuous just for peace of mind.
    Mine genny always sounds like its under quite a bit of strain with my warmers and just makes me a bit nervous sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaggerr1 View Post
    +1 .. thanks for the link.
    I found my answer.
    www.thetoyhauler.ca
    Inferno is the new GTAM P.I.M.P.

Tire Warmer 101

If the warmer has a zig-zag pattern, side to side of the warmer, they will take about 1450 to 1500 watts. ie Chicken Hawks.
    If the wire runs around the tire they should be under 1000. ie Bickles are just over 900 watts.
    Some warmers from outside the country use little wire and run it around the tire. If you get a good power supply the warmer could have issues. These warmers will use, for a brief period of time, less then 900 watts.
    So different warmers use different power. Warmers are NOT all the same.
    Did I say, all warmers are not the same. "Bob" just can't go pick up this wire from "ACME" wire company. The wire is ordered and depending on the company making them they "have to" spec the wire as they wish.
    So did I say, ALL warmers are not the same.

Generator 101
    A Honda/Yamaha generator is Under rated as to what it can run.
    I have seen a Honda 1000 Inverter generator running two sets of Bickle warmers. Not real well but all four warmers were working with medium heat.
    My old Honda 1500 would run 3.5 sets of warmers.
    If you use a non-Honda/Yamaha then it's a crap shoot.
    My Kipor 1000 Inverter has a very tuff time with a set of Bickle warmers.
    The Non Honda/Yamaha generators also vary performance inside the make. Some people get good performance others get poor.

I think this will be a great thread to have questions specifically about Bickle warmers, and other warmer questions that haven't been covered, answered.

John, just out of curiosity. Do you offer a warmer rental service? If so what's the price for a weekend?

Regardless I'll be buying a set.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Tire Warmer 101
    Generator 101
    A Honda/Yamaha generator is Under rated as to what it can run.
    So I'm hoping my new to me Honda EU1000i generator will run one set of your tire warmers, that I recently bought from Bondo, without any issues. You concur John?

Quote Originally Posted by guest_zx6r View Post
    So I'm hoping my new to me Honda EU1000i generator will run one set of your tire warmers, that I recently bought from Bondo, without any issues. You concur John?
    As stated earlier, the honda 1000W inverter is more than suffice for a set of bickle warmers.

The rental deal is tough. Just because people look after things differently. So the fee would be reflective of how they are used. I allways try to have some spares with me to cover "MY" warmers that get broken. On occasion I have lent them out but it never works out. So I don't really.
    Keep in mind I have seen people drive through the pits with warmers on and the typical start it in gear ,,etc,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    I think this will be a great thread to have questions specifically about Bickle warmers, and other warmer questions that haven't been covered, answered.

John, just out of curiosity. Do you offer a warmer rental service? If so what's the price for a weekend?

Regardless I'll be buying a set.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    The rental deal is tough. Just because people look after things differently. So the fee would be reflective of how they are used. I allways try to have some spares with me to cover "MY" warmers that get broken. On occasion I have lent them out but it never works out. So I don't really.
    Keep in mind I have seen people drive through the pits with warmers on and the typical start it in gear ,,etc,etc.
    Ahh gotcha, makes sense.

thanks,

Ahh gotcha, makes sense.

thanks,
    Hmmm. Another way to think of tire warmers are that they are a great addition to the Xmas wish list. My mother-in-law bought me mine that way!

Hard to add to anything Mr. Bickle can say but I had the same question origanally about power requirement for an older style of Bickle warmers so I plugged them in with an inline coil (used for checking 120V power draw) and used a digital amprobe and read 7 amps total for front and rear together, depending on the output voltage of your generator that translates to about 840 watts, i use a 3000W Honda inverter and run 2 sets all the time with a small compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000 View Post
    Hard to add to anything Mr. Bickle can say but I had the same question origanally about power requirement for an older style of Bickle warmers so I plugged them in with an inline coil (used for checking 120V power draw) and used a digital amprobe and read 7 amps total for front and rear together, depending on the output voltage of your generator that translates to about 840 watts, i use a 3000W Honda inverter and run 2 sets all the time with a small compressor.
    Are there any small compressors that'll run on a Honda 1000W?

Are there any small compressors that'll run on a Honda 1000W?
    Yes but probably not with the heaters connected, but shuting down the heaters long enough to adjust your tire pressures would not be a big deal. There are lots of 12V boosters/compressors available that you could use without unplugging your tires as another option.