does anyone race in a series of races ???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does anyone race in a series of races ???

does anyone race in a series of races ???

does any one race in a series of races for beginners that runs through out the year ??? i would like some info and feedback
    thanks

Re: does anyone race in a series of races ???

Do a search for SOAR on this forum and you will find a lot of information. Or just ask specific questions and you will get your answers.

and in the interest of completeness, the RACE series that operates at Shannonville Motorsports Park is another possibility. They have a CBR125 class, and in 2010, they will also have a Ninja 250 class.

www.shannonville.com

The 2010 info probably won't be on there for a while.

We have a class called Rookie Challenge its for brand new riders. This year it will be a six round series. Every participant will have six weekends or less of experience. The race runs by itself and is very well attended. There are some exciting changes store for SOAR competitors for 2010 but I dont want to let all the cats out of the bag just yet. Keep a close eye on our site in the next couple weeks for some news. www.SOARacing.ca

someone who participated in this, any one whith feed back were they happy with this??

by the way i have a 2007 gsxr 600

Quote Originally Posted by franktomas View Post
    someone who participated in this, any one whith feed back were they happy with this??
    All kinds of excellent reviews in the Road Racing section, here's a link to a few of them:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=99484
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=99323

There are quite a few more threads like these, just search, maybe send Ken (Kneedragger8 a PM with any of your questions or if you feel better asking a participant feel to PM me.

Bar none its the best bang for your buck and family atmosphere racing arround for us newbies.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    All kinds of excellent reviews in the Road Racing section, here's a link to a few of them:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=99484
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=99323

There are quite a few more threads like these, just search, maybe send Ken (Kneedragger8 a PM with any of your questions or if you feel better asking a participant feel to PM me.

Bar none its the best bang for your buck and family atmosphere racing arround for us newbies.
    Strictly out of curisosity...Is there a podium and medals/plaques handed out each weekend? Is there a series 'championship' trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTPC View Post
    Strictly out of curisosity...Is there a podium and medals/plaques handed out each weekend? Is there a series 'championship' trophy?
    We awarded plaques for each of our races for 1st 2nd and third place. We did not have a podium to start the year, but one of our racers, actually took it upon himself to make a podium and drop it off at the track for us! I was amazed. but not shocked. That is the type of "family" that SOAR has. It is a great atmosphere with great people, both organizing and participating.

There is a championship banquet in the works, but the location has not yet been determined.

Yes I tired racing in the Rookie Challenge at SOAR round 5 in Sept, I placed 3rd and got a plaque and stood on a podium...There was also a plaque for the Rookie cup championship aswell as the usual 1st, 2nd, 3rd plaques for the actual race..

Its fun, you should try it! I was completely new to the track and had an amazing time at the SOAR round 5 event. Met lots of cool people, had fun riding, and learnt a few things..I look forward to racing all 6 rounds next year, and also racing most of the other Novice classes in SOAR...

The only thing Im worried about is the number of riders next year, the Rookie Cup race was packed with 32 riders...I can imagine next years traffic with 40+ riders...LOL Thats gonna be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Yes I tired racing in the Rookie Challenge at SOAR round 5 in Sept, I placed 3rd and got a plaque and stood on a podium...There was also a plaque for the Rookie cup championship aswell as the usual 1st, 2nd, 3rd plaques for the actual race..

Its fun, you should try it! I was completely new to the track and had an amazing time at the SOAR round 5 event. Met lots of cool people, had fun riding, and learnt a few things..I look forward to racing all 6 rounds next year, and also racing most of the other Novice classes in SOAR...

The only thing Im worried about is the number of riders next year, the Rookie Cup race was packed with 32 riders...I can imagine next years traffic with 40+ riders...LOL Thats gonna be interesting!
    I'll be there next year, oh and I'm for sure going to try and give you a run for your money in the rookie cup. So what exactly are your off season plans for the 6R?
    Last edited by RichardTPC; 10-28-2009 at 12:59 PM.

I'll be there next year, oh and I'm for sure going to try and give you a run for your money in the rookie cup. So what exactly are your off season plans for the 6R?
    First I have to fix crash damage from my crash, then get a real paint job (I spray painted it)...Then Im looking at Ohlins suspension, and some motor work/tuning...Besides suspension my bike pretty much has all the other parts, like rearsets, clipons, full exhaust, etc...

Rookie cup will be very competitive next year I think, lots of people interested in getting into it...

There will never be more on the track at TMP than was at the last round if we need to we will run two heat races with say the top 15 in each making the main and then a "Consi" race for those that do not with the top 5 of that race making the main. This way we keep our numbers down and everyone still gets their tracktime.
    EVERY SOAR class that fields minimum 25 riders will have a paid purse. This purse will be paid by SOAR for 1-3 plus a wildcard that will also receive a cheque. I would guess this will be Rookie every round. The wildcard draw give people who will never make the podium a chance to get something back. This will include the endurance.
    The winner of Rookie has the option of wearing the Novice #1 plate for the following year.
    There is a banquet slash Daytona party slash IRF Auction to be held March 5, 2010 where all the hardware will be handed out. This will be open to all and details will be posted here as soon as we lock down a venue.
    We will have six rounds this year with 4 endurance races. I hope to at least run one weekend backwards at TMP.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    The winner of Rookie has the option of wearing the Novice #1 plate for the following year.
    Can I have Cherries on top of that?

Just so that everyone is clear about this.

If I ... uhmm I mean "someone" started 4 races but then crashed out of two does that count as only having two races under my belt and being able to race 4 rookie races next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post

If I ... uhmm I mean "someone" started 4 races but then crashed out of two does that count as only having two races under my belt and being able to race 4 rookie races next year?

Hey ... I only crashed out of one race.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

I only did one race.

I'm eligible for the #1 plate, right?

Ken.

I would like to make a suggestion.

What do you think of dropping the lowest round for the seasons points?

So 6 Weekends of racing, but season is scored on 5 rounds. This enables someone to have a bad weekend without too much consequence, OR miss a weekend due to other commitments and not be seriously impacted in the run for the championship.

Just a suggestion, I have heard people talk about this before.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawaz View Post

doubtful, he's said in the past "race weekends" so I'm assuming this includes qualifying, practice, etc

not just races

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    Hey ... I only crashed out of one race.
    Yah but your crashes are so big they count as two crashes!