Antifreeze to WW for Florida - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antifreeze to WW for Florida

Going off at a slight tangent here, but

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Now you're just being obtuse.

I'm in no position to get anyone to do anything, i'm not running the trackday. Running coolant at a track is ignorant and selfish. Everyone should be aware that if they do make the choice to run coolant and something happens, they ARE going to face some criticism for it. Some criticism a lot more vocal than most.

I don't care what one particular track organizer mandates, everyone should be running straight water for their own sake and for that of every other rider there.

You wrote this. You are suggesting it's ok to run coolant. I find it very odd that you say you "fully understand the impact of a coolant mess" and yet still advocate someone running coolant on a track. Again, i say your attitude is all wrong.
    is straight water as 'cooling' as water with water wetter in? I thought (and I'm a track noob) that the added wetter was better for yor coolant system. Although I've heard a few different reasons, like;

it lubes the system better,

it doesn't boil as quickly

it cools down slower..........

I dont know to be sure, I just do it because it's recommended.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Re: Antifreeze to WW for Florida

Dont be lazy or cheap! LOL Both me and my friend that were new to the track, bought $500 in billet case covers so we would never be "that guy". And end a track day early for everyone else, like the *** hat on the white GSXR that looped on the straight and cost us our last session....

If it was up to me, Id mandate no coolant and case covers....The least you can do is the coolant/water swap, considering the very small amount of time/money it requires

Re: Going off at a slight tangent here, but

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    I offered an option that they could choose, and you agree that it is their choice. So if the people planning to come down with your group who are concerned about what to do with their coolant decide to run coolant are you going to allow them to come with you?

-Dave
    Now you're still being obtuse.

Who am i to allow or disallow anyone form doing it or going to the track? Again, i'm in no position to tell anyone to do anything or not go anywhere. I've already explained my opinion, asking the same stupid question in a slightly different way isn't going to change my response.

Why are you having a hard time understanding this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery254 View Post
    is straight water as 'cooling' as water with water wetter in? I thought (and I'm a track noob) that the added wetter was better for yor coolant system. Although I've heard a few different reasons, like;

it lubes the system better,

it doesn't boil as quickly

it cools down slower..........

I dont know to be sure, I just do it because it's recommended.
    I run water with water wetter in it.

I didn't specify but when i wrote "straight water" i didn't mean to suggest not adding Water Wetter.

Cool.

I run water with water wetter in it.

I didn't specify but when i wrote "straight water" i didn't mean to suggest not adding Water Wetter.
    I was worried for a moment!!
    Last edited by Fiery254; 10-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Now you're still being obtuse.

Who am i to allow or disallow anyone form doing it or going to the track? Again, i'm in no position to tell anyone to do anything or not go anywhere. I've already explained my opinion, asking the same stupid question in a slightly different way isn't going to change my response.

Why are you having a hard time understanding this?
    Why do you keep calling me names? You seem very passionate about this. That much I understand. I should have stuck with my first instinct after you called my friends ******** and said "F you" and been done with it... that seems to be the proper style on this forum.

-Dave
    Last edited by sircastic; 10-30-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: language
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Why do you keep calling me names? You seem very passionate about this. That much I understand. I should have stuck with my first instinct after you called my friends ******** and said "F you" and been done with it... that seems to be the proper style on this forum.

-Dave
    Calling you out on your dumb questions means i'm calling you names?

So if the people planning to come down with your group who are concerned about what to do with their coolant decide to run coolant are you going to allow them to come with you?
    So are you going to get all the American locals to change their coolant at the track to protect the investment of the Canadian riders that come down?
    These two questions have nothing to do with what i'm talking about. I honestly have no idea what you were hoping to accomplish by asking them. I'll tell them exactly what i've told you in this thread.

I think anyone that knowingly goes out onto a race track with coolant in their bike is a selfish a-hole. if your friends do that, then guess what i think they are. it's nice to see that your initial reaction to someone criticizing your friends was to say F You and be done with it. Do you honestly think i'd be the only one to give your friends a hard time if something happened and one of them dumped some coolant on the track? I'd be the only one who thinks they're a-holes? you'd be saying F you to a lot of people if that's how you really feel.

You're the man cool guy
    Last edited by sircastic; 10-30-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: quoted language

You're the man cool guy
    Somehow I doubt your sincerity.

It was obviously thread degeneration that lead to the contradicting questions.

You are the one that seems to have gotten upset when I quoted the JenningsGP tech guidelines and then attacked my statement and called my friends a-holes. Surely you can understand why I was upset by that, when I was simply making a note about what JenningsGP requires. I wasn't trying to say what is right or wrong, courteous or discourteous...

-Dave
    -Dave

Somehow I doubt your sincerity.

It was obviously thread degeneration that lead to the contradicting questions.

You are the one that seems to have gotten upset when I quoted the JenningsGP tech guidelines and then attacked my statement and called my friends a-holes. Surely you can understand why I was upset by that, when I was simply making a note about what JenningsGP requires. I wasn't trying to say what is right or wrong, courteous or discourteous...

-Dave
    You're funny Dave!

You're funny Dave!
    I am? Maybe I'm obtuse, but I don't see how...

-Dave
    -Dave

Funny how?

You're funny Dave!
    What the **** is so funny about me?

I am? Maybe I'm obtuse, but I don't see how...

-Dave

Re: Funny how?

What the **** is so funny about me?
    Pardon me?

Just trying to bring a bit of light relief.

Pardon me?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ff46b58Hk

SFW apart from swearing.

Straight Coolant it is! giddy up!

Quote Originally Posted by elkymutt View Post
    Straight Coolant it is! giddy up!
    Thanks elkymutt for trying to bring the thread back around.

Back to the original post ... I'm bringing a toyhauler down with a 60 gal fresh water tank as long as I can find water on the way down to fill it there should be enough for everyone to fill their bikes.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Re: Just trying to bring a bit of light relief.

ahahahhaha win!

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    Back to the original post ... I'm bringing a toyhauler down with a 60 gal fresh water tank as long as I can find water on the way down to fill it there should be enough for everyone to fill their bikes.
    Now this ^ is productive!

Mississauga ('08 ZX-14 Street, '02 GSXR750 Track))

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Why not just leave the house with your coolant empty and then fill it at Jennings with water wetter, dump it out before you leave and keep the system empty, come back home and then fill the system back up with antifreeze. Having the system empty for all of what 40h's there and back isn't gonna do any damage.
    Hmmm..... doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Sircastic, thanks for the offer. Not sure what the diff is. But don't they suggest de-ionized watter in the rad? No biggie, can bring a jug of de-ionized along. If I recall correctly, water wetter is environmentally friendly, you can dump it without any concerns.
    DVS in name....DVS in nature.....

Link to track day pics

Link to track day vids

On Yahoo Video

On Vimeo

However others want to do it ... I'll have tap water on hand. De-ionized water is suggested for cooling systems to prevent scaling and build up. One weekend isn't going to matter IMHO.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by DVS View Post
    . If I recall correctly, water wetter is environmentally friendly, you can dump it without any concerns.
    Ahh...I was looking for that..