08 crf 50. 3 LEFT@ 999.00+tax

Thread: 08 crf 50. 3 LEFT@ 999.00+tax

Thumbs up 08 crf 50. 3 LEFT@ 999.00+tax

I could have put this in vendors area, but.....Machine Racing in Sharon has 3 mildly used cfr50's for sale. $1128.00 out the door. Great fun pitbike for adults or their kiddies. Sale ends October 31/2009
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Re: 08 crf 50. 3 LEFT@ 999.00+tax

im 6 ft tall. am i too big for it? i wanna learn to stunt on that

btw so honda.ca says it has auto clutch. so how do these guys on youtube pull clutch wheelies on this bike? i thought only manual clutch can do it.
    Last edited by mr.fizz; 10-25-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post

btw so honda.ca says it has auto clutch. so how do these guys on youtube pull clutch wheelies on this bike? i thought only manual clutch can do it.
    Big bars, and clutch kit.

I'm 6'3 and can ride them

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fizz View Post

Theres no way in hell your gonna be able to clutch up a stock 50 motor, the motors can take hella abuse but unless you weigh 80 pounds good luck clutching up with a manual clutch kit on stock.. Semi-auto 3 speed is still decent just rip back on the bars and give it gas, cover rear brake..

Cool Re: 08 crf 50. 3 LEFT@ 999.00+tax

I haven't spent more than 10 minutes on the thing yet but I can pull it up in 1st and 2cd so far, now just gotta' practice to get em' going long. I think I'm gonna' be getting a beefy rear shock and bars, rear pegs and that'll be it. : ) New crfs are nearly 2grand, I'd grab one of these before there gone!
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

Would it be possible to equip this bike to be insurable for the street?
    Install the requisite speedo, lighting, brake lighting, lic plate holder etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Theres no way in hell your gonna be able to clutch up a stock 50 motor, the motors can take hella abuse but unless you weigh 80 pounds good luck clutching up with a manual clutch kit on stock.. Semi-auto 3 speed is still decent just rip back on the bars and give it gas, cover rear brake..
    You can clutch a stock 50 motor.

Quote Originally Posted by thumpit View Post
    would it be possible to equip this bike to be insurable for the street?
    Install the requisite speedo, lighting, brake lighting, lic plate holder etc?
    lol

no

Quote Originally Posted by ChaserChris View Post
    You can clutch a stock 50 motor.
    no clutch on the 50 - its a 3 speed semi automatic. rev a bit in neutral, and drop in gear for a holeshot or wheelie. owners manual states 88lbs or less. my kid rode one for 3 years.
    Last edited by boyoboy; 01-24-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    DEMOCRACY - NOT PLUTOCRACY www.globalresearch.ca

mine wheelies bad *** i have also lots of money in her but my buddy has one stock and i like it better then mine i got the lightweight fly wheel revs to fast them 50 are alot of fun

Wanna make a bet?! Stock auto clutch using false neutral to clutch it up, or after market manual clutch kit...Clutch it up using either on a stock motor all day dude....I weigh 150+...If you cant do it, your not doing it right...
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-01-2010 at 09:19 AM.

haha, I was wondering about that technique...

So you just hold the shifter down, rev it up, and then take your foot off the shifter, correct?

My first ever wipeout occurred 2 up, on a CT70. I was in grade 7 at the time... trying to make a hill in 2nd gear... wasn't making it. Downshifted into first while leaving the throttle wide open. This was a bad idea... the CT throws me and the other guy straight off the back, and we watch it take off up the hill on the back wheel. Good times.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    haha, I was wondering about that technique...

So you just hold the shifter down, rev it up, and then take your foot off the shifter, correct?

My first ever wipeout occurred 2 up, on a CT70. I was in grade 7 at the time... trying to make a hill in 2nd gear... wasn't making it. Downshifted into first while leaving the throttle wide open. This was a bad idea... the CT throws me and the other guy straight off the back, and we watch it take off up the hill on the back wheel. Good times.
    For a false neutral clutch up, you put slight downward pressure on the shifter, not so much that it shifts into neutral...Just enough that you find false neutral, you can feel it because it will disengage the power and you can rev up the engine...The just release it, and it acts just like slipping a manual clutch. It takes some time to learn, but its very easy
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 03-01-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Perfect All this time I was trying to do it half way through shifting... I'll have to give it a shot in a few weeks.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold